360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review
Aug 21, 2018 7 min read
- Review of:
- 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Brand name:
- Reviewed by:
- Natalie Red
Published On: August 21, 2018
Edited On: December 23, 2018
Before I got to test the 360 S6 I was a fan of Xiaomi Roborock and ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930. The robot has the same high-end features coming with a lower price tag. With the minimalist design and smart features, the device has the mopping option and lasts for the whole two hours. Its mapping technology works accurately, allowing the robot to work in the dark. With the app, you are able to control the cleaner when you are not home and get informed by anything that's going on while the device is working. This robovac can compete with the well-known brands having a price twice less than them. Strong suction power, easy-to-get dustbin, and the large wheels make it the best for its value.
The 360 S6 is the brand-new robot vacuum cleaner. It comes with a budget price tag offering a lot of high-end features. Big thanks to Gearbest for letting us to test the 360 S6 robotic vacuum cleaner. Is it a decent competitor of the Roomba 980, the Roborock S5 or Neato Botvac? Let's find out.
The 360 S6 Video Review: Unboxing and Test
The 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Specifications
|Features||360 S6 robot vacuum|
|Cleaning time||120 min|
|Battery capacity||3200 mAh|
|Dustbox capacity||400 ml|
|Water tank capacity||150 ml|
|Suction power||1800 Pa|
|Obstacle climbing||0.67 in / 17 mm|
|Recharge & resume||yes|
|Area coverage||2153 ft2 / 200 m2|
|Noise level||55 dB|
|Where to buy||On GearBest for $399|
Design and Appearance
The 360 S6 somehow reminds me of the Roborock S5 and ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930.
In the box I found the robot, charging dock, adapter, cleaning tool, water tank, mop cloth, and three different types of plugs.
I have never seen that a robot would be equipped with the plugs that are easy to set, you just need to slide it into the adapter and click through.
The charging base is amazing. It has the same black & white design all the Roborock robots come with. On the bottom of the dock, there is a room for a cord that supposed to be hidden inside the base so the cable would not lay on the ground.
The robot is made in a black and white minimalist design.
On the lid, I see two buttons: power and home.
The dust box is very easy to remove. Just click the "open" button and the container jumps up automatically. This is the easiest way to remove the dirt box and I love how intuitive it is. By the way, the robot is equipped with the "danger-aware" system that forbid the robot to work when the dustbin is out.
Underneath the robot reminds the Roborock S5. There are two side sweepers, two large wheels, and the main brush slot. The robot comes with a rubber bumper that supposed to prevent furniture scratching.
The robot is equipped with an LDS laser located inside its "head". It rotates around accurately measuring the layout of the room to create a map. After the map has been created, the 360 S6 build the most efficient way of cleaning on its own.
If you place the machine manually into the kitchen or any other room far from its base location, the 360 S6 starts rotating trying to figure out where it is, and then it restores the map of the room it's in and starts the work. Firstly the robot methodically cleans the room starting with the outward borders before cleaning inwards.
In case the device could not recognize its location, the voice system alerts about it and you get a notification on your phone. Just press start once again and the 360 S6 will understand its position to get the cleaning started.
I set forbidden zones to see how the robot cleans with it and it never crossed the areas, the same with block off zones. The laser works accurately which means the device bumps into furniture very rarely, it slows down when it "sees" the walls. Thanks to the LIDAR system, the robot can work in the dark.
The 360 S6 comes with large wheels and doesn't have any issues with crossing 15 mm height rugs or thresholds nor as with transforming from bare floor to medium-pile carpets.
Wet mopping feature is awesome. The 150 ml water tank container comes with a mop cloth. The 360 S6 has the newest dripping technology that makes water leaking only when the machine is moving. However, please note that the robot is not able to remove stubborn stains.
Strong Suction Power
The 360 S6 is one of the most powerful robot cleaners on the market even though it is a budget model. It delivers 800 Pa of suction power in the silent mode, 1300-1500 Pa - standard mode, and 1800 Pa when the powerful mode turned on. For example, the high-end Roomba 980 comes with 1670 Pa. The S6 easily handles deep cleaning on thin and medium carpets and is a champ at catching pet hair.
The Li-ion battery with 3,200 mAh of capacity lasts up to 120 minutes before it needs to recharge. It actually sounds great, since the robot works longer than 90% of other cleaners on the market. Thanks to the map that our robot holds in its memory, it knows the position where it left before it went to recharge. Once the battery is fully charged, the 360 S6 gets back to the point it stopped to finish the cleaning.
The 360 S6 is equipped with a washable HEPA filter. It catches up to 99.9% of pollen, dust, and dirt decreasing chances of allergic diseases. Wash it with water and let it dry.
Firstly it comes with the carpet boost technology that is helpful since I don't need to increase the suction to deep clean my rugs, the robo does it automatically. It easily climbs onto thin and medium-pile carpets. Along with two side sweepers that catch dust from corners, the robot has strong suction and a bristled brush. They work together to transfer all the dirt, dust and pet hair right into the dustbin. The dustbin got full fast even though a day before I ran my Xiaowa Lite that had a strong suction power as well. The 360 S6 caught rice and oats on my cleaning test and in general performed better than the Roborock Xiaowa did on the same areas. The 360 S6 performs great on thin and medium carpets considering the price of about $350. I think this robot easily can compete with the high-end beasts such as the Roborock S5, Roomba 980 or Neato Botvac D7 Connected.
360 S6 comes with the Carpet Boost that boosts the robot's suction from 1300 Pa to 1500 Pa once it recognizes carpeted surface to provide deep cleaning.
The 360 S6 is surprisingly quiet when working considering its strong suction, the robot makes noise that is equivalent to 65 dB. With this sound level, you are still able to hold a conversation without the robot disturbing you.
The app is minimalist yet featured. You can manage your robot's working using your phone. In the app you get:
- Recharge (Home button)
- Sweep (Start & Stop buttons)
- Modes. Switching between Silent, Standart, Powerful cleaning modes.
- Block off. You can set the forbidden zones that the 360 S6 should not cross. For example for some reasons you don't want it to go to the bedroom. Just draw the rectangle on your phone (you can set it as many as possible) and the S6 will not cross the zone. You can change the size of it making it bigger or smaller depending on your needs.
- Specify. This feature allows customizing a specific area where you want the 360 S6 to clean by drawing a rectangle on your phone screen. You can change the size of the rectangle, add as many zones as you want and choose how many times you'd like the vacuum to clean the selected area. After setting the cleaning zones, the robot will not cross it providing deep cleaning within the allowed area.
- Cleaning area. To be able to track how much of cleaning area the device already covered. Batter level. Check when it needs to recharge. Cleaning time. You can see for how long your robot has been working.
- History. In this tap, you can see the history of each cleaning such as cumulative time (how much time the robot spent cleaning so far), cumulative size (the area the robot covered in general), cumulative sum (how many times it got to clean).
You can open each cleaning session and see where the robot has been and for how long it had been cleaning.
- Schedule. To set up a specific cleaning time up to 7 times per week.
- Do not disturb. When this mode is on, the robot doesn't resume unfinished cleaning and provides no voice during the scheduled period.
- Update. Where you get the firmware updates.
- Restore map. The robot holds all the map it built in its memory. No needs to build the new map again.
- RC mode. Manage manual cleaning.
- Settings. You can adjust the volume level. Turn on/off the device light. Reboot the device. Change its name. Unbind (reconnect the robot to the app).
- Share device. Share the machine with another phone.
- Device info (serial No., completed version, MCU version, WiFi name, IP address, MAC address).
- Positioning to find where your robot is located.
- Maintainance. The app shows when you need to replace some parts of the robot such as its filter, main brush, side brush, and when the next time to wipe sensors.
- Reconnect the device.
- Turn on/off push notifications.
The 360Smart app demo
You can download the 360Smart app from Apple iTunes or Google Play:
What is the 360 S6 best for?
- Carpeted surface. Along with the bristled brushes, the robot has a powerful motor that sucks up all the dirt providing deep cleaning on thin and medium-pile carpets.
- Bare floor. With the mopping option, you can wet mop all types of bare floors such as laminate, linoleum, tile, hardwood floor and so on.
- Pet owners. Since the robot comes with strong suction, it easily handles pet and long human hair.
- Medium and big-sized homes. The 360 S6 runs for the whole 2 hours before it needs to recharge which is equivalent to about 200 square meters of cleaning area. However, it would clean the smaller house much faster without the need for resuming.
- Two and more floor houses. The robot is great at remembering its location. Once it maps out the floor it manages to hold it in memory which means the next time you place it on the same floor, it will recognize the area and restore the map automatically.
Price & Where to buy
Be careful! Some sellers on Aliexpress are selling a Chinese version of the robot. This version will not work with the app outside of China (proofs in the comments below).
The 360 S6 - the best in its price range
Before I got to test the 360 S6, I was a fan of the Roborock S5 and ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930. The robot has the same high-end features coming with a lower price tag. With the minimalist design and smart features, the device has the mopping option and lasts for the whole two hours. Its mapping technology works accurately, allowing the robot to work in the dark. With the app, you can control the cleaner when you are not home and get informed by anything that's going on while the device is working. This robovac can compete with the well-known brands having a price twice less than them. Strong suction power, easy-to-get dustbin, and the large wheels make it the best for its value. Is 360 S6 the best high-featured but budget robot vacuum cleaner on the market? The best we've seen so far.