Some users have troubles in connecting the 360 S6 to the 360Smart app, so I decided to collect all the solutions our readers have found in the comments in our 360 S6 review.
As far as we know, there are a few different modifications of the 360 S6 robot vacuum on the market:
- an international version. This version has an English manual in the box and speaks English.
- a Chinese version: has a Chinese manual and Chinese voice.
- some other local versions of the robot.
Some of the latest Chinese modifications are location locked. They were designed for the local China market, but for some reasons there are sellers on Aliexpress (and maybe other stores) sell it worldwide. Those devices can't be connected to the app outside of Сhina. However, there is a solution posted by Paul with a GPS Spoofing and proxy.
How to know if your device is locked? When connecting the device, you will get an error, something like this: "The product can be used in China only".
If your device is not locked or you have an international version
Before connecting the robot make sure that:
- Your Wi-Fi router works on the 2.4Ghz frequency band (not 5 GHz)
- Your Wi-Fi password must contain only Latin letters and numbers (if not — change it).
- Check if your Wi-Fi router uses WPA or WPA2 encryption (but not WEP or without encryption). You should log in to your router settings page (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) and change the encryption mode to WPA or WPA2.
- Go to the phone settings and check if the location permission for the 360Smart app is enabled.
- Turn off mobile data before connecting the robot.
- Move the robot and your phone closer to your Wi-Fi router.
- Reset the robot Wi-Fi settings by pressing and holding the "Power" and "Home" buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Try to connect the robot. Sometimes app may ask you for manual connection, in this case, you should follow the instructions on the screen. If you followed all those steps, but your robot still won't connect:
- Try to reboot the robot (power off/on)
- Try to reinstall the app
- Install the latest beta version of the app.
If you have a locked Chinse version of the 360 S6
Paul posted this solution, and other users verified it:
- Follow all the steps described above for an international release.
- Uninstall the 360Smart app. Install the 220.127.116.11 version of the app Joshua Speer confirmed in the comments below that this method works with the latest version of the app.
- Install the Hola GPS Spoofer
- Install the Hola Free VPN Proxy
- Change the language of your phone to English
- Change the timezone of your phone to Shangai UPDATE: This step can be skipped.
- Run the Hola Free VPN Proxy and GPS Spoofer and set the location to Shangai and Proxy to China
- Run the 360Smart app from the Hola Proxy, and cross your fingers.
Follow the normal binding steps. If you have more than one Wi-Fi hotspot in your house, forget the others in your phone settings. Mobile data should be turned off.
When the binding of the device finished, you can use the app without the proxy and GPS Spoofer.
Please post your questions and solutions in the comments below.