Viomi V2 vs Roborock S6: the Differences Explained
The Roborock S6 and Viomi V2 are two newest robot vacuums released recently that look very promising considering the price and . Both beasts have great features such as strong suction, wet mopping, lidar-based smart navigation, app control which allows you to set restricted areas and perform zoned cleaning. Recently, we have an opportunity to test and review the Roborock S6 and I want to tell you that it a very powerful and smart device. Despite the low price of $389 for the Viomi V2, is it a better choice than the more expensive Roborock S6 with a $599 price tag? In this article, I will try to compare the main features of both robot vacuum cleaners, show you the pros and cons of each model.
The Roborock S6 has everything we loved in the previous S5 model and some improved and new features. It has a better ARM processor than the previous model and much faster and accurate navigation, it knows your home and where exactly it should clean with an improved water tank and advanced mapping.
The Viomi V2 is the first device in Viomi model line that uses an LDS sensor (or lidar) to scan your house and to build a precise map. And if Roborock knows how to produce a decent robot cleaner since they already made a few successful robot vacuums, Viomi is a bit new in this area.
Both models can mop and sweep, support zoned cleaning and restricted areas, build an accurate map, etc. So are there any other things to consider buying the Viomi V2 over the Roborock S6? What makes the Roborock S6 one of the smartest in this price segment?
Roborock S6 vs. Viomi V2 comparison chart
|Specs||Roborock S6||Viomi V2|
|Suction power||2,000 Pa||2,150 Pa|
|Battery life||150 min||120 min|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Battery capacity||5,200 mAh||3,200 mAh|
|Mapping technology||Lidar + SLAM||Lidar + SLAM|
|Multi-floor storing||yes (up to 3 maps)||no|
|Water tank size||150 ml||560 ml|
|Dustbin capacity||500 ml||600 ml|
|Climbing ability||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm|
|Noise level||45-64 dB||69 dB|
|Alexa/Google Home support||yes||no|
|Washable HEPA filtration||yes||yes|
|Restricted (blocked) areas||yes||yes|
|Separate room cleaning||yes||no|
|Warranty||24 months||12 months|
|Price||$599 (GearBest)||$389.99 (GearBest)|
Features the Viomi V2 and Roborock S6 share
Both are equipped with a washable HEPA filter and are safe for those who suffer from asthma and allergy.
Both can be tracked in real-time. In the app, there is an ability to watch the robot building a map.
Water level control
In the app, you can set the level of water dripping depending on your mopping needs. For everyday cleaning choose a low volume if you need to remove stubborn stains and make the robot mop the whole floor - set the high volume settings.
Great climbing ability
Each of them can cross a 20 mm obstacle; thus they are perfect for thicker carpets.
Restricted Areas / Zoned cleaning
Both models support setting restricted areas and zoned cleaning. The Roborock S6 though also has a selected room cleaning option.
Why these models are better than most of the robot vacuum cleaners on the market?
- They both can mop and sweep at the same time.
- LIDAR technology. This mapping system makes navigation more efficient saving battery life by preventing the robot from going over the same spots twice.
- A resumption is a great option that is useful for bigger homes.
- Multimapping support. Only presented in a few flagship models (supported by the Roborock only)
- One of the strongest suction power in the industry makes them able to pick up even the smallest particulars from carpet.
- Only a few high-end models can cross an obstacle up to 20 mm height. This clearance allows the robot vacuum to provide deeper cleaning on thicker carpets.
- Zoned cleaning support. Presented in a few high-end models that are based on the LDS laser.
- Restricted areas. Supported by a few flagship models.
- A washable HEPA filter. Even the newest Roomba i7+ filter is not washable. This type of filters is meant to last longer.
- Water level control. Most of the robot vacuum cleaners that can mop don't support this feature. They just make water dripping automatically.
- Most of the models that come with mopping only have one microfiber cloth. Both of the Roborock and Viomi have options to choose when it comes to mopping.
Roborock S6 glance
The Roborock S6 took all the great features users loved about the Roborock S5 and added new options.
It delivers the same 2,000 Pa of suction, has the same 20 mm clearance and dustbin size but got quieter than the older model.
The Roborock S6 automatically divides the created map into the rooms after finishing cleaning
The robot vacuum cleaner identifies carpet surface and boosts suction power providing deeper cleaning.
The app supports restricted areas, zoned cleaning and the newest feature - scheduling the robot to work within a certain room at a specific room.
The robot is also perfect for bigger houses thanks to the multiple mapping storage.
Why buying the Roborock S6 over the Viomi V2?
- Room recognition. This feature allows the users to schedule the robot to work within a living room or kitchen by choosing the particular room in the map.
- Scheduling by a chosen room. You can either create a zone where you want the robot to clean or pick the room you need in the app.
- Longer battery life. Thanks to this, the Roborock covers a more significant area and is ideal for big homes.
- Saves up to three maps. The Viomi V2 only stores one map in memory.
- 14 sensors all over the robot's body help it to navigate around.
- Carpet boost. By identifying a carpet, the Roborock S6 provides better cleaning performance. It boosts suction power to the max level thus making the Roborock S6 work slightly better on carpet than the Viomi V2.
- Comes equipped with a fiber mop and ten disposable wipes for mopping.
- Quieter operation. Thanks to the newest design, the Roborock makes less noise and is not as distracting as other models that have strong suction.
Get the Roborock S6 if you...:
- Live in a big house. Thanks to the longest-lasting battery and resumption the Roborock is perfect for big homes.
- Your home is mostly covered with carpets. Because of the strong suction, good clearance and carpet identification, the S6 provides deeper cleaning on thicker carpets.
- Want to have an ability to schedule the robot to work in a particular room.
- Have a pet. Even though the S6 does not have a big dustbox, it's cleaning brush has detachable parts that make cleaning it from pet hair easier. And strong suction picks up pet hair even on thicker carpets.
- Live in a multiple level house.
- Want a powerful robot vacuum cleaner that does not make lots of noises.
- Want to have an ability to set restricted areas and zoned cleaning. Do not forget about the new feature with which you can also make the robot work in a particular room.
- Someone in your family or you suffer from an allergy.
- Want mopping. Yes, the Roborock S6 has a smaller water tank but if you don't have lots of space with no carpets - the newest water level control and a few types of the mopping pads would be very useful.
Viomi V2 glance
The Viomi V2 has the strongest suction power of 2,150 Pa which is insane. The robot is equipped with ten sensors that help it to navigate including the LDS laser that scans the surroundings to build the map of the floor which makes navigation more efficient.
The Viomi is equipped with a big water tank and dustbin.
Still not the biggest and we would recommend getting it empty after every cleaning, but at least you don't have to clean the dust and dirt in the middle of the cleaning cycle.
The big dust container is better for pet owners.
The Viomi V2 is great for homes with mostly bare flooring thanks to the 560 ml water tank. Most of the robot vacuums have 150-300 ml containers. Two types of mop cloths are suitable for different mopping needs.
The app supports zoned cleaning and restricted areas which is presented in a few models that are based on the LDS sensor.
Why buying the Viomi V2 over the Roborock S6?
- Stronger suction power that picks up even the smallest particulars on carpet.
- Two types of fiber cloths in the box depending on your mopping needs.
- Has a bigger dustbin. The robot vacuum's dirt box holds more which is better if you have pets.
- Water container size. The V2 is equipped with one of the largest water tanks that allows covering more area without the need of filling it with water in the middle of the cleaning cycle.
- Price. The Viomi V2 is about $100 cheaper.
Get the Viomi V2 if you...:
- Don't have carpets and want the mopping feature the Viomi V2 would be better since it covers more when mopping before the container gets dry.
- Have more than one pet. The container is big enough to hold more pet hair.
- Your home is covered with thin and thicker carpets. Thanks to the strong suction and good climbing ability, the Viomi performs great on carpets.
- Don't want to spend more on the Roborock S6.
- Or anyone in your family suffers from an allergy.
- Want to have an ability to block the robot from going to certain places.
Price & where to buy
- So far the Roborock S6 is available to buy on GearBest for $599. Also, it can be ordered on Amazon for $899.
- You can buy the VIOMI 2 on GearBest for $367 with the coupon code GB-APVOMI.
Wrap It Up
Both models are great at cleaning carpets and bare flooring. The Viomi has a bigger container, if mopping is important for you and you have a big area with no carpets — the Viomi V2 would be the best in your case.
If you want some additional options like selected room cleaning, carpet identification, if you live in a multiple-store house and are ready to spend some extra — go with the Roborock S6.
Where to buy
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!