Viomi V2 - An Intelligent Robot Vacuum For Carpet
Viomi is a Xiaomi-backed company. They launched the newest robot vacuum with mapping that can be a Roborock S5/360 S6 competitor. The Viomi V2 is their first robot vacuum that is based on the LDS laser.
The full name of the Viomi is V-RVCLM21B which we find long and confusing, most likely you will not remember it, so that's why you see the robot named as the Viomi V2.
Viomi V2 Main Features
- Has the strongest suction power in the industry
- Can mop and sweep at the same time
- Has one of the biggest water containers
- Remembers your floor plan thanks to the LIDAR and SLAM systems
- Resumes cleaning after recharging in case it didn't finish the job
- The level of water leaking can be controlled in the app
- The HEPA filter is washable and lasts longer than non-washable ones. The robot is safe for asthma and allergy sufferers
- Has a great climbing ability which means, the Viomi can clean thicker carpets
- Can clean a particular area when zoned cleaning has been set in the app
- Does not cross restricted zones if you create one in the app
- 2 kinds of mop cloths in the box: one is for larger areas, absorbs a bigger amount of water is only suitable for mopping; the second one is for mopping-while-sweeping needs
- 10 sensors prevent the robot from bumping, falling down and help to navigate around
- Has a short body that fits under most furniture even though the robot has a tower on top
- Great price considering the given features
The robot vacuum cleaners with the LDS laser kind of look-alike. But honestly, the Viomi V2 looks a bit different. It has a fantastic dark-grey finish. Inside the "head" there is the LDS laser that works as a scanner of a cleaning area and helps to make a map of the room. In the middle of the body, there is a logo. One physical button works as a Home and Power button.
Under the lid, you will find a dustbin and a cleaning tool, very similar to the way the Roborock S5 build. The dustbin can be switched into a water tank.
Underneath, there is a cleaning brush that is a mix of thermoplastic elastomer and durable nylon materials. Two large wheels can climb an obstacle that is up to 20 mm height and one side brush that catches debris along the walls.
Mapping & Navigation
As I said before, the Viomi 2 generation is equipped with an LDS laser inside the tower. The laser scans the surrounding of the cleaning area building a map of the interior, so the robot knows where it needs to clean. Mapping helps the robot not to clean the areas it has already cleaned. Mapping makes cleaning and navigation more efficient.
Why mapping matters?
The robot vacuums without mapping just run around until the battery dies. They can go over the same spots a few times missing some areas untouched. With mapping, you can see where the robot has been and that it covered the whole area with no untouched space left.
The Viomi 2 navigates back-and-fourth in straight lines methodically following the created map.
The robot vacuum is equipped with 10 sensors. These sensors work together to help it to navigate around without bumping into things, falling down. Prevent the robot from running when the dustbin or water tank is inserted, etc.
|Water tank sensor||yes|
|Fan RPM sensor||yes|
|Mop detecting sensor||yes|
|Electronic compass sensor||yes|
The robot vacuum stores a few created maps that makes it ideal for multilevel houses
Restore one of the maps you need to make the cleaner work on the second floor.
How the Viomi V2 works? It has a side sweeper that works together with the main cleaning brush to catch and agitating dust and dirt channeling it into the suction path.
How does the Viomi V2 perform on carpet?
The Viomi can climb an obstacle up to 20 mm tall, so the robot is ideal for thicker carpets. There are 3 cleaning modes for different needs: eco, normal, turbo. The V2 makes about 69-76 dB of noise, the same as the Roborock S5 does.
The Viomi V2 is safe for allergy and asthma sufferers
With the strongest suction in the industry and great climbing ability, the V2 performs well on thin and thicker carpets. The cleaning brush works great in terms of picking up pet hair, dust, and debris. It does not get hair clogged as much as other bristled brushes do.
Inside the dustbin, there is a washable HEPA filter that lasts longer than non-washable ones. The robot is safe for those who suffer from asthma and allergy.
Bare floor & Mopping
Basically, almost all the robot vacuum cleaners perform great on bare floors. Most of them are able to pick up stuff channeling it into the dustbin. The ones with mopping, however, are better because they give you an ability to wet mop your floors. For sure, this feature might not be the most helpfull though it is nice not to do mopping manually.
What does the Viomi V2 offer?
It has one of the largest water tanks on the market. The capacity of 560 ml means the robot covers more cleaning area before the box gets dry. With a 150 ml water tank, most of the cleaners come equipped with, you can get about 30 minutes of mopping which normally is enough for smaller space.
The big 560 ml water tank makes the Viomi suitable for bigger households
The Viomi works longer in mopping mode and is more suitable for medium and big homes.
Also, in the app, you can adjust the level of water leaking depending on your needs. There are two fiber cloths: one is for fully wet mopping, it absorbs water and is suitable for bigger areas, another one is for dampening your floors while the cleaner is vacuuming. When the unit is not moving, the water does not leak.
The robot lasts up to 120 minutes, and resumes cleaning if it didn't finish the job before got out of energy.
App & Features
The app is similar to what we've seen in the Mi Home or 360Smart apps. You can switch between modes, schedule the machine to work at a specific time, control its movements, etc.
Also, as with other robot cleaners that are based on the LDS laser, the Viomi does not cross restricted areas that can be set inside the app.
Make the robot work in the kitchen by using zoned cleaning
Also, you can draw a zone within which the V2 will be cleaning.
The vacuum can be tracked in real-time which you can see in the app.
Why is the Viomi V2 worth buying?
- It has the strongest suction power in the industry.
- Like most of the flagship machines, the Viomi V2 comes equipped with the LDS laser and SLAM technology that help the robot to remember your floor layout.
- Thanks to mapping, the vacuum is more efficient because it does not go over the cleaned zones twice.
- It supports blocked areas which is not presented in most of the high-end models.
- Zoned cleaning is a useful option. If you want the robot to clean within a particular area, you can set it in the map. It is a rare feature as well.
- One of the biggest water tanks means the Viomi covers a big area when mopping.
- Water dripping level control allows setting the amount of water you need not get your floors too wet or too dry.
- Two fiber mops meant to be for different mopping needs. We have not seen it in other models so far.
- Only a few robot vacuums can climb over an obstacle that is 20 mm height.
- The robot can be tracked in real-time in the app. There is an ability to watch it creating a map.
- The Viomi supports map memory. It stores a few different maps in the app which makes it perfect for houses with more than one level.
- For the price of ~$400, you get a great flagship robot vacuum cleaner with strong suction, great climbing ability, fantastic cleaning performance and an app that has many useful features.
Price & Where to buy the Viomi V2
The Viomi V2 so far is available to buy on GearBest for $367 with the coupon code GB-APVOMI which is cheaper than the Roborock S5.
Also, you can get the Viomi V2 on GeekBuying for around $400.
Hopefully, the Viomi 2 Gen will be available on Amazon soon.
Where to buy
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!