Roborock Xiaowa Lite: Better Than Most Budget Robot Vacuums
Lately, Roborock Technology Co. presented their flagship robot vacuum - the Roborock S5 that cost about $400 and fully-equipped with many helpful features for better and deeper cleaning hardwood floors and carpets. Their previous version, the Xiaomi Mi Robot (developed with their partner Xiaomi corporation) is one of the best offers in the market as well.
For those who don't want to spend this much money, Roborock released the newest budget crowdfunding product, the Roborock Xiaowa Lite that cost more than twice cheaper. The price is less than $200 which makes it one of the most budget-friendly devices one the market. So what the Roborock Xiaowa Lite Robot Vacuum offers for its price?
[Update 2019] We were lucky to test and did a hands-on review of the Roborock Xiaowa Lite (C1). The robot costs about $170 on Amazon; it is featured with functions most affordable models don’t have. We think there are no real competitors for the Xiaowa Lite. It is the best for thin and medium-pile carpets, pet hair and small homes.
- Suction power: 1,600 Pa
- Dustbin capacity: 640 ml
- Covers up to 80 square meters
- 2,600 mAh battery that lasts up to 60min
- Can climb 20 mm (0.78 inches) obstacles
- 10 sensors placed on the body
- Different cleaning modes
- Mi Home App
- Low-noise operation
What is the Roborock Xiaowa Lite (C1) best for?
- Small homes. With a battery life of 60 minutes, the Xiaowa Lite would be suitable for smaller houses
- Homes with bare flooring
- Pet owners. Strong suction and a tangle-free brush make the Xiaowa Lite ideal for pet hair
- Homes covered with thin and thick carpets. Carpet boost, excellent climbing ability, and strong suction help the robot to provide deep cleaning on carpets
- People who're looking for a decent robot vacuum without spending a lot of money
Design and Appearance
When it comes to design, Roborock prefers to keep things simple making their products look modern and minimalist. The robot looks similar to its older brother the Xiaomi Mi Robot. The classic white & black design of the robot and charging dock leaves a nice impression.
Three buttons sit on the lid managing the way the Xiaowa works. On the side, you will find a side brush that along with a three-dimensional tornado cleaning mechanism absorbs all the dust and dirt from the hardwood floors and carpeting surfaces. Under the lid houses a 640 ml dustbin which is on the bigger side, it holds more dust and dirt and is suitable for pet owners. Underneath, two large wheels able to climb a 20 mm obstacle and a cleaning brush that is claimed to be tangle-free. It does get hair clogger but not as much as other bristled brushes do.
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite Robot Vacuum cleaner is equipped with a powerful motor that delivers a maximum wind of around 1,600 Pa making the device to be perfect for carpet. Speaking of the suction power, the Roomba 980 that is the most expensive model from iRobot delivers 1,750 Pa with a cost of about $700. The Xiaowa has ten sensors that were designed for better navigation around a room, avoid obstacles and recognize the stairs.
The large wheels allow the robot to climb obstacles 20 mm (0,78 inches) high which means the Xiaowa Lite can clean thick carpets. A big dustbin with a capacity of 640 ml is located inside the device, open the lid and pull it out to clean the box from the dust it has collected.
The three-arc design allows the Roborock Xiaowa Lite to work quietly even when it is working on its maximum pressure. The Xiaowa Lite is one of the quietest devices we got to test.
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite comes with a 2,600 mAh Li-ion battery that lasts up to 60 min, at least the manufacturer claims it should be this way. It is enough for cleaning a small or medium-size room covering up to 80 square meters area. When the battery falls below 30%, the Xiaowa Lite returns to its dock to recharge.
Mi Home App
Using your smartphone, you can choose cleaning modes, start/stop the machine, and schedule the robot to work at a specific time.
Where to buy the Roborock Xiaowa Lite robot vacuum?
Roborock Xiaowa Lite on Amazon: ~160
You can also buy it on GearBest for about $250.
UPDATE: Check out our latest article about the difference between the Roborock Xiaowa Lite, Roborock Xiaowa, Xiaomi Mi Robot, and Roborock S5.
Why is the Roborock Xiaowa Lite (C1) best among the budget robot vacuum cleaners?
- Has one of the strongest suction on the market
- Can recognize carpets, 95% of robot vacuums do not have this option
- Has an excellent climbing ability. Only a few flagship models can cross an obstacle up to 20 mm
- Is compatible with Amazon Alexa/Google Home
- Has one of the biggest dustbin
- One of the best solution to prevent hair tangling
Where to buy
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Comparing Roborock Xiaowa Lite C10 vs. Roborock Xiaowa E20
- Xiaomi Mi Robot vs. Roborock Xiaowa Lite Comparison Chart
- Eufy RoboVac 30 vs. Roborock Xiaowa Lite Comparison Chart