2nd Generation Xiaomi MiJia Roborock Is The Most Powerful Smart Robot On The Market
Second Generation Xiaomi — more suction power, the new mopping function, an upgraded app and many other things we love this robot vacuum for. Equipped with intelligent mechanisms such as intelligent carpet identification, mapping function, the ability to choose the most efficient path of cleaning etc. Moreover, this device works for 2.5 hours having the 2000 Pa of suction power. Sounds great? So is the new generation Xiaomi MiJia Roborock better than anything on the market and worth buying? Let's find out.
|Product name||Where to buy|
|Xiaomi 2nd Generation Roborock S50||Check It Out
|Xiaomi Mi Robot||Check It Out
The Next Generation Xiaomi MiJia Roborock Review
2nd Generation Xiaomi Roborock features:
- Probably the robot gets the largest capacity lithium-ion battery in the industry — 5200 mah;
- 2.5 hours working time or cleaning about 250 square meters (2700 sq. ft) of the house area;
- Intelligent identification of carpets. It opens the maximum suction force once the robot identifies the carpet and after leaving it Mijia returns to its regular mode;
- Designed with 13 sensors including LDS that helps the robot to not bump into the furniture, avoids falling and keeps it at the distance of 10 mm from the wall.
- Laser Distance Sensor maps the cleaning area of the multiple rooms;
- With the MiJia app you can create virtual walls, navigate the robot to clean the specific area, schedule the cleaning time multiple times in a day and many other cool things;
- The ability to overcome obstacles up to 2 cm height;
- The new mopping function thanks to which the robot is perfect for any type of surface (except high pile carpets). It can mop for about 45-60 min;
- 2000 Pa suction power makes the MiJia Roborock the most powerful robot vacuum in the industry;
- A LED indicator that shows the battery level;
- The new washable HEPA filter. It is better than previous Heppa version for people who suffer from asthma or allergies;
- The 2nd Generation Xiaomi comes with closed silence soft cotton and porous air sieve and provides low noise cleaning process;
- Forget about hair everywhere you see because the new Xiaomi robot vacuum prevents the hair tangling because of the three anti-hair designs on the wheel, side brush and rolling brush.
- Once the battery power is low the MiJia returns to the base, recharge and then get on to finish the work.
Video review of Xiaomi Mijia Roborock 2nd Generation
- Robot Vacuum;
- Charging Dock;
- Charge Cable;
- Mopping Pad;
- Water Tank;
- Brush Cleaning Tool.
The New Sweeping & Mopping function
Thanks to built-in bionic tank this device can absorb the water and provide the effective cleaning.
A water tank was constructed for easy installing using:
This option makes it similar to iLIFE V7S. Also, check out all the best robots mops of 2017. The main brush with V-type bristles (the rotation speed is 1350 revolutions per minute) in addition to the side Z-form brushes (330 revolutions per minute rotation speed) provides the maximum effective cleaning. The water box holds around 100 ml that is enough to mop for 45-60 minutes. The intelligent system works by the main principle of plant bionic system and controls the water by itself. The sliding mechanism designed in such a way that water is spread wisely, only when the robot is moving.
A 500 ml dustbin easily cleared by opening the top cover of the unit.
The largest capacity lithium-ion battery and the most powerful vacuum robot in the industry?
The new Xiaomi Roborock cleaning performance improved to 5200 mAh battery, the barrier height is increased from 1.5 cm to 2 cm, the suction power is 2000 Pa which is speechless because even Roomba 980 that is designed for carpets delivers 1670 Pa. A LED battery indicator displays the charge level via different colors while the robot is charging. The white light means the battery charge level is more than 50%, yellow - less than 50%, red - the battery charge level drops below 20%.
- 2000 Pa Power Suction (while the previous Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum version has 1800 Pa) comparing with the most expensive Roomba 980 from iRobot family that delivers peak suction power of 1670 Pa. The Xiaomi MiJia can work about 2.5 hours and can clean about 250 square meters (2700 sq. ft) of the house area. Perhaps it has the largest capacity lithium-ion battery in the industry.
Speaking of the power, there are no more robots that would be as powerful as Xiaomi with a possibility of 2.5 h working time even Roomba 980 works for about 120 min.
- Borders are not a problem anymore because the Xiaomi MiJia Robotock can easily climb the obstacles and anything else up to 2 cm height.
- The tornado system coordinates the side and the roller brush and provides the deep floor cleaning.
Intelligent Identification of carpets
The smart device usually works in normal suction mode but the maximum suction mode activates once it recognizes the carpet to provide the high-quality deep cleaning.
Roborock is using the anti-hair design of the wheel, side brush, and the main brush. It helps to protect the device from overheating and entering the bearing stuck to the motor.
Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)
Thanks to the LDS the robot can be easily mapping the room using SLAM algorithm so it can be cleaning out the area twice efficiently than the previous version. The Simultaneous Localization and Mapping algorithm helps the device to calculate the most efficient way to clean the multiple rooms area without getting lost.
The 2nd gen Xiaomi vacuum provides better cleaning. It will not bump into your furniture because of the 13 sensors, including LDS.
- The 4 cliff sensors help the robot to avoid the failure.
- A wall sensor keeps the device from bumping at a distance of 10 mm.
- Roborock was designed with an extra soft crash bumper to protect your furniture.
- A technology called the "omnidirectional pressure sensor" can now avoid areas where the robot bumps with its "head".
- The drop sensor activates when the robot is lifted so it stops working immediately.
- With infrared technology, the charging back sensor provides an effective charging.
Washable HEPA filter
The E11 washable grade filter designed with Teflon cover provides a 95% of effective cleaning. Wash it with water, let it dry and the robot is ready to go but do it only once in a week. Xiaomi doesn't include extra filters, so you have to change it once a year.
Despite the powerful motor, the new Xiaomi Roborock is quieter than you thought.
The construction of sieve (cotton and porous) provides quiet operation.
Customized cleaning area
The new MiJia app deserves to talk about a little bit more since it is really great compared to everything you've seen.
Three processors located inside the robot track its movements in real-time. The new Mijia application synch with the Roborock so you are able to see the map of the house and can easily navigate the vacuum by tapping on the special area on your phone and this feature is incredible because the robot can clean a specific area of your home without actually using a virtual wall or just blocking it.
So how to do it? You just need to draw the area on the app you want the robot to clean and the Roborock will do the rest. We know you are going to like the new things this device can do: it can plan the route of cleaning by itself, isn't it great? You can control the bot while you are at work and the robot can clean the house when you get back.
The Mijia app allows you to monitor the cleaning process, schedule the cleaning time whenever you want even multiple times in a day (and that is something Roomba 980 doesn't have), create virtual walls, upgrade it to the new version and choose the name of your new friend.
Xiaomi MiJia Roborock Dimension
Width - 13.77 in/35 cm;
Length - 13.9 in/35.3 cm;
Height - 3.79 in/9.65 cm;
Weight - 7.7 lbs/3.5 kg.
The improved charging base has a protection from over-current, overvoltage, and short circuit. When the robot's battery runs out it will find the docking station using 2 laser sensors.
- The most powerful robot vacuum in the industry with 2000 Pa suction power;
- With the 5200 mAh battery, provides long-time working for about 2.5 h or clean about 250 square meters (2700 sq. ft) till it needs to charge;
- The new version comes with 2 in one function: sweeping & mopping;
- The new upgraded MiJia app helps to manage the robot in the way you want and even more;
- SLAM algorithm can build the most efficient way of cleaning using LDS sensor that scans its surroundings 360 degrees, 180 times per second to map out the interior of your house;
- Washable HEPA filter;
- Designed with a dustbin and a water bin that are so easy to use;
- Barrier height is increased from 1.5 cm in the previous version to 2 cm in the new one;
- The new smart carpet detection technology that recognizes the carpet and turns on the maximum mode;
- Thanks to the charging back technology the Roborock is able to recharge after cleaning and then get back to finish its work.
- Could be more expensive especially comparing with other iLIFE or Xiaomi vacuum cleaners. It is on sale for about $600;
- Few accessories included in the box.
The difference between the new Xiaomi MiJia Roborock and the previous Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The second generation of the Xiaomi MiJia is definitely better than a previous one but the price of the device is higher as well. The suction power of 2000 Pa is enough to pick up long human or pet's hair and if you have any carpeting surface this vacuum cleaner is perfect to get rid of any of these issues. Also, the tangle-free technology just amazing function for those who don't like to clean all the brushes from everything that stuck in it. Do not forget about the new mopping function because it is a rare thing that a robot vacuum cleaner does both: sweep and mop in one device. So it makes the Roborock good enough for any surfaces. The upgraded navigation technology makes the robot slide through rooms without bumping into things, mapping the area and choose the most efficient path to work. The MiJia app is just amazing, it has a lot of things that even Roomba robots don't do. Anyway, it still could be an expensive robot vacuum cleaner with the $600 price tag. But I'm not sure you could find anything similar to the features Xiaomi presents in Roborock for the price of $600, could you? So the main question is the second generation of Xiaomi MiJia Roborock vacuum cleaner worth buying? I would say definitely yes!
Where to buy Xiaomi Roborock?
We found for you the best offers on the market:
- On Lazada Singapore — for S$520.00
- On Amazon — for $548.99
- On GearBest — for $469.99 with the coupon code NEWXMVM
- On Aliexpress — for $474.99
WHERE TO BUY
Share with friends:
- Roomba Comparison Chart 2018
- Xiaowa Lite Robot Vacuum Cleaner The Powerful Robovac From Xiaomi For Under $200
- ILIFE A8 vs Xiaomi Mi Robot comparison: which one is better?
- iLIFE V8S The Smart Flagship Robot Vacuum For Under $250
- Is The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Best Cheap Home Assistant To Buy In 2018?
TOP-10 Robot vacuums
15 july 2017, 05:18
16 december 2017, 03:46
05 march 2018, 03:33
11 august 2017, 03:25
09 february 2018, 03:21
08 january 2018, 07:43