Comparison chart: the Budget Roborock Xiaowa Lite vs. the Flagship Roborock S5
Apr 19, 2018 5 min read
Not so long ago, Roborock released its new version of a robot vacuum cleaner, the Roborock S5, the improved version of their high-rated first generation robot vacuum also known as the Xiaomi Mi robot. To understand the differences between the two, we recommend to have a look at our Roborock S5 vs. Mi Robot comparison. Even though consumers review the Mi Robot in a good way, the second version becomes even more successful than its older brother. A few months back Roborock presented a budget robot vacuum cleaner - the Roborock Xiaowa Lite. It doesn't have the LIDAR system and doesn't build a map of a house but it worth paying attention to since it costs almost twice cheaper than the flagship Roborock S5. Let's find out who is this robot for and if there is any reason to choose it over the Roborock S5.
UPDATE: There are two upgraded versions of the Xiaowa Lite - the Roborock Xiaowa E202 that has 1,800 Pa suction, mopping and a double gyroscope inertial navigation system, and the Roborock Xiaowa E352. It comes with a 2,000 Pa powerful motor, 5,200 mAh battery that lasts longer - for around 150 minutes, mopping, the double gyroscope inertial navigation system, and recharge & resume.
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite vs. the Roborock S5 Comparison Chart
|Features||Roborock Xiaowa Lite||Roborock S5|
|Run time||120 min||150 min|
|Suction Power||1,600 Pa||2,000 Pa|
|Cleaning area||80 m2/861 ft2||250 m2 / 2690 ft 2|
|Intelligent route planning||no||yes|
|Recharge & Resume||no||yes|
|App||Mi Home||Mi Home|
|Climbing capability||2 cm (0.78 inches)||2 cm (0.78 inches)|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home||no||yes|
|Dustbin capacity||640 ml||480 ml|
|Good for carpet||yes||yes|
|Good at picking up pet hair||yes||yes|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||35.3 x 35 x 9.05 cm / 13.9 x 13.78 x 3.56 in||35.3 x 35 x 9.6 cm / 13.9 x 13.7 x 3.8 in|
|Weight||3 kg / 6.6 lbs||3.5 kg / 7.7 lbs|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
Robot vacuums mentioned in the article:
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite is the newest budget robot vacuum. It is equipped with sensors all over its body that navigate the device around the house with no bumping into furniture or falling from stairs. One side brush sweeps dust from corners transferring it to the dustbin.
Along with the main cleaning brush, the 1,600 Pa powerful motor does its job well with picking up pet hair and cleaning bare floors and thin/medium carpets. The 2,600 mAh Li-ion battery lasts about 120 minutes in one charge which is impressive since most robots work for about 90 minutes. It has the possibility of being managed via the Mi Home app. Large wheels can climb up to 2 cm (0.78 inches) barriers. Carpet boost switches the cleaning mode to maximum level once the robot recognizes the carpeted surface. The feature provides deep cleaning automatically without you having to boost suction power manually. The Xiaowa is also equipped with a 640 ml dustbin (more significant than most containers) that collects dust and dirt, makes you clean the dustbin less often than other robot cleaners. When the battery runs less than 20 percent, the robot automatically returns to the charging dock.
What you get in the box with the Xiaowa Lite
- Robot vacuum
- Charging Dock
- Main brush cleaning tool
- Power cable
Who is the Roborock Xiaowa Lite good for?
- Average and small house owners. Even though 120 minutes of working time is enough to clean a big house, you probably need more than one charge to cover the whole area; small homes are perfect for the Xiaowa Lite. It cleans small areas faster.
- Pet owners. A strong suction power and the primary cleaning brush are designed to collect pet hair with ease.
- Homes with mostly bare floors.
- Homes with carpeted and mixed surfaces. Large wheels make it easy for the robot to cross from bare floors to medium rugs. Strong suction, along with carpet boost provides deep cleaning.
- Busy people. When you don't have time to clean your floors, the Xiaowa Lite can help you.
- Parents. People with kids are always distracted by something and the best thing is to let the robot do its job. By the way, kids love robot vacuum cleaners even more than adults.
- People who suffer from allergies or asthma. The high-efficiency anti-allergen HEPA filtration system catches up to 99% of particles with have a size greater than or equal to 0.3 µm.
- Those who are not ready to spend a lot of money on a robot vacuum. For the cost of around $250, you get the best cleaner in its price range.
Price & Where to buy the Roborock Xiaowa Lite
- The Roborock Xiaowa Lite is available on Gearbest for $189.99 on Gearbest so far.
The Roborock S5 quick look
The Roborock S5 is the most expensive robovac in the Roborock family. It is a smart robot vacuum with 13 sensors all over its body and a laser located inside the "head". With its Simultaneous Localization and the Mapping (SLAM) algorithms, the Roborock S5 creates a map of a house and builds the most efficient way to clean it. It has one of the strongest suction power on the market - 2,000 Pa. The 5,200 mAh battery lasts for about 150 minutes covering 250 sq. meters (2,690 sq. ft). Even though it has a powerful motor, the S5 has a noise-suppressing system that decreases the noise level. When it comes to cleaning carpets, the Roborock S5 has the newest carpet identification feature that maximizes suction power once the robot recognizes a carpet/rug. It also has a tangle-free design so pet or human hair won't twist all over the cleaning brush and wheels.
With the Mi Home app, you can create virtual zones simply by dragging specific areas on your smartphone. Also, you can track the Roborock S5 movements in real-time to see the map it has built, etc.
In the box
- Robot vacuum
- Charging dock + adapter
- Water tank
- Mopping pad
- English user manual
Price & Purchasing Details
You can get the Roborock S50 (white version) on Gearbest for the special price $369.99.
The black version S55 comes with a $359.99 price tag. You can buy it on Gearbest as well.
The Roborock S50 is also available on Amazon for $545. The device comes with Amazon's Choice Label as a high-rated product. Prime members can enjoy free 2-day shipping.
*please, take note that the prices may change
Why buying the budget Roborock Xiaowa Lite?
The first thing you should know is that the Roborock S5 is a high-end robot vacuum while the Roborock Xiaowa Lite is a budget model, so maybe it's not entirely fair to compare them, but let's think why you should pick the cheaper one.
- The price. While the S5 costs about $500, having a lot of smart features, the Xiaowa Lite is a budget robot vacuum with a price tag of about $200 and necessary functions that are enough to get your floors clean.
- If you have a small home and need a simple vacuum that works great - go with the Roborock Xiaowa Lite.
- It has Wi-Fi so you can control it from everywhere just with your smartphone and the Mi Home app.
- It has the same build quality as the Roborock S5. The same side and cleaning brush with less suction power perform similarly to the S5.
- The bigger dustbin allows collecting more dust with no need to clean it every other time.
- Carpet boost makes the robot ideal for homes with mixed and carpeted surfaces.
- There are no other alternatives on the market for the price of around $200 that can clean medium-pile carpets, have carpet boost, a powerful motor, and lasts the whole 2 hours in one charge.
- If you need to do fast cleaning in some small area, the Xiaowa takes less time to start. The Roborock S5 waits until its laser scans the room before getting ready to work.
All these things make the Roborock Xiaowa Lite a perfect robot vacuum to buy in 2018 without breaking your budget.
UPDATE: The Roborock has released the new model Roborock Xiaowa E20 (E202) and the Roborock Xiaowa E35. Both come with mopping and have stronger suction power. Along with that, each of the robots is equipped with a gyroscope that builds a map of your home.