Comparison chart: the Budget Xiaowa Lite Robot Vacuum Cleaner vs the Flagship Xiaomi Roborock
Apr 19, 2018 5 min read
Not so long ago, Xiaomi released its new version of a robot vacuum cleaner, the Roborock S50, the improved version of their high-rated first gen - the Xiaomi Mi robot. To know the differences between the two, we recommend to have a look at our Roborock vs Mi Robot comparison. Even though consumers review the Mi Robot in a good way, the second version becomes even more successful than its older brother. A few months back Xiaomi presented a budget robot vacuum cleaner - the Xiaowa C10 Lite. It doesn't have the LIDAR system and doesn't build a map of a house but it definitely worth paying attention to since it costs almost twice cheaper than the Roborock. Let's find out who is this robot for and if there is any reason to choose it over the Xiaomi Roborock.
UPDATE: There are two upgraded versions of the Xiaowa Lite - the second gen Xiaomi Xiaowa E202 that has 1,800 Pa suction, mopping and a double gyroscope inertial navigation system, and the third-gen Xiaomi Xiaowa E352. It comes with a 2,000 Pa powerful motor, 5,200 mAh battery that lasts longer - for around 150 minutes, mopping, the double gyroscope inertial navigation system, and recharge & resume.
The Xiaowa Lite C10 vs. the Xiaomi Roborock Comparison Chart
|Features||Xiaowa C10||Roborock S50|
|Run time||120 min||150 min|
|Suction Power||1,600 Pa||2,000 Pa|
|Cleaning area||80 m2/861 ft2||250 m2 / 2690 ft 2|
|Intelligent route planning||no||yes|
|Recharge & Resume||no||yes|
|App||Mi Home||Mi Home|
|Climbing capability||2 cm (0.78 inches)||2 cm (0.78 inches)|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home||no||yes|
|Dustbin capacity||640 ml||480 ml|
|Good for carpet||yes||yes|
|Good at picking up pet hair||yes||yes|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||35.3 x 35 x 9.05 cm / 13.9 x 13.78 x 3.56 in||35.3 x 35 x 9.6 cm / 13.9 x 13.7 x 3.8 in|
|Weight||3 kg / 6.6 lbs||3.5 kg / 7.7 lbs|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
Xiaowa robot vacuum cleaner Lite is the newest budget Xiaomi robot vacuum. It is equipped with sensors all over its body that navigate the device around the house with no bumping into furniture or falling down from stairs. One side brush sweeps dust from corners transferring it to the dustbin.
Along with the main cleaning brush, the 1,600 Pa powerful motor does its job well with picking up pet hair and cleaning bare floors and thin/medium carpets. The 2,600 mAh Li-ion battery lasts about 120 minutes in one charge which is impressive since most of robots work for about 90 minutes. It has the possibility of being managed via the Mi Home app. Large wheels can climb up to 2 cm (0.78 inches) barriers. Carpet boost switches the cleaning mode to maximum level once the robot recognizes carpeted surface. The feature provides deep cleaning automatically without you having to boost suction power manually. The Xiaowa is also equipped with a 640 ml dustbin (larger than most containers) that collects dust and dirt, makes you to clean the dustbin less often than other robot cleaners. When the battery runs less than 20 percent, the robot automatically returns to the charging dock.
What you get in the box with the Xiaowa Lite
- Xiaomi Xiaowa robot vacuum
- Charging dock
- Main brush cleaning tool
- Power cable
Who is the Xiaowa C102 Lite good for?
- Average and small house owners. Even though 120 minutes of working time is enough to clean a big house, you probably need more than one charge to cover the whole area; small homes are perfect for the Xiaowa Lite. It cleans small areas faster.
- Pet owners. A strong suction power and the main cleaning brush are designed to collect pet hair with ease.
- Homes with mostly bare floors.
- Homes with carpeted and mixed surfaces. Large wheels make it easy for the robot to cross from bare floors to medium rugs. Strong suction, along with carpet boost provides deep cleaning.
- Busy people. When you don't have time to clean your floors, the Xiaowa Lite can help you.
- Parents. People with kids are always distracted by something and the best thing is to let the robot do its job. By the way, kids love robot vacuum cleaners even more than adults.
- People who suffer from allergies or asthma. The high-efficiency anti-allergen HEPA filtration system catches up to 99% of particles with have a size greater than or equal to 0.3 µm.
- Those who is not ready to spend a lot of money on a robot vacuum. For the cost of around $250 you get the best cleaner in its price range.
Price & Where to buy the Xioawa C10 Lite
- The Xiaomi Xiaowa Lite is available on Gearbest for ~$263 on Gearbest so far.
Xiaomi Roborock quick look
The Xiaomi Roborock is the most expensive robovac in the Xiaomi family. It is a smart robot vacuum with 13 sensors all over its body and a laser located inside the "head". With its Simultaneous Localization and the Mapping (SLAM) algorithms, the Roborock creates a map of a house and builds the most efficient way to clean it. It has one of the strongest suction power on the market - 2,000 Pa. The 5,200 mAh battery lasts for about 150 minutes covering 250 sq. meters (2,690 sq. ft). Even though it has a powerful motor, the Roborock is equipped with a noise-suppressing system that decreases the noise level. When it comes to cleaning carpets, the Roborock has the newest carpet identification feature that maximizes suction power once the robot recognizes a carpet/rug. It also has a tangle-free design so pet or human hair won't twist all over the cleaning brush and wheels.
With the Mi Home app, you can create virtual zones simply by dragging specific areas on your smartphone. Also, you can track the Roborock movements in real-time to see the map it has built, etc.
In the box
- Charging dock + adapter
- Water tank
- Mopping pad
- English user manual
Price & Purchasing Details
You can get the Xiaomi Roborock 2nd version on Gearbest for the special price $389.99.
The black version comes with a $399.99 price tag. You can buy it on Gearbest as well.
The Roborock is also available on Amazon for $545. The device comes with Amazon's Choice Label as a high-rated product. Prime members can enjoy free 2-day shipping.
*please take note that the prices may change
Why buying the budget Xiaowa C102 Lite?
The first thing you should know is that the Roborock is a high-end robot vacuum while the Xiaowa is a budget model, so maybe it's not quite fair to compare them, but let's think why you should pick the cheaper one.
- The price. While the Roborock costs about $500, having a lot of smart features, the Xiaowa Lite is a budget robot vacuum with a price tag of about $200 and basic functions that are enough to get your floors clean.
- If you have a small home and need a simple vacuum that works great - go with the Xiaowa.
- It has Wi-Fi so you can control it from everywhere just with your smartphone and the Mi Home app.
- It has the same build quality as the Roborock. The same side and cleaning brush with less suction power performs similarly to the Roborock.
- The bigger dustbin allows collecting more dust with no need to clean it every other time.
- Carpet boost makes the robot ideal for homes with mixed and carpeted surfaces.
- There are no other alternatives on the market for the price of around $250 that is able to clean medium-pile carpets, have carpet boost, a powerful motor, and lasts the whole 2 hours in one charge.
- If you need to do a fast cleaning in some small area, the Xiaowa takes less time to start. The Roborock waits untill its laser scans the room before getting ready to work.
All these things make the Xiaowa a perfect robot vacuum to buy in 2018 without breaking your budget.
UPDATE: The Xiaomi has released the second generation Xiaowa E20 (E202) and the third generation Xiaowa E35 (C352). Both come with mopping and have stronger suction power. Along with that, each of the robots is equipped with a gyroscope that builds a map of your home.
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
WHERE TO BUY
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Xiaomi Roborock S50 vs. VIOMI VXRS01 Comparison Chart
- Comparing 360 S6 Robot Vacuum vs. Xiaomi Roborock 2
- Compare Proscenic 790T vs. Xiaomi 2nd Gen Roborock
- Eufy RoboVac 30 vs. Xiaomi Xiaowa Lite Comparison Chart
- Comparing ECOVACS Deebot 900/901 vs. Xiaomi Xiaowa Lite
- The Xiaomi VIOMI VXRS01: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Mapping and App control
- 5 Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners With Mapping
- Could The 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Be The Xiaomi Roborock Killer?
- 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review
- TOP 5 Best Robot Vacuums with Intelligent Mapping Technology