What You Need to Know Before Buying The Deebot: Model Comparison Chart
You might or might not have heard about Ecovacs, but its rating goes much further than its reputation. The Ecovacs Deebot N79 is one of the best-sellers on Amazon right now, so we decided to dive deeper into the model line that Ecovacs presents.
[Update December 2018] Get a closer look at the most popular ECOVACS DEEBOT vacuum cleaners to buy in 2019
[Update February 2019] There are a few new models that are not presented on Amazon yet. The ECOVACS DEEBOT Pro 930 is equipped with a self-emptying charging base, and the ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 960 is the newest robot vacuum that is powered by AI; unfortunately, the manufacturer didn't mention when it will be released officially.
Since the ECOVACS released many different models, some of them are old; some are most likely will not be on sale anymore, so we will not dive into the details of each of them.
Let's have a look at the best of them.
Ecovacs Deebot Comparison Chart
|Features||DEEBOT N79S||DEEBOT 601||DEEBOT 901||DEEBOT OZMO 930||DEEBOT OZMO 601||DEEBOT 711||DEEBOT M82|
|Suction Power (Pa)||1,000||800||N/A||1,000||800||N/A||N/A|
|Alexa / Google Home support||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Prioritizing where to clean||no||no||yes||yes||no||no||no|
|Recharge & Resume||no||no||yes||yes||no||no||no|
|Obstacle Climbing (mm)||N/A||14||18||16||14||N/A||15|
|Noise Level (dB)||67||64||67||65||65||N/A||56|
|Dustbin Capacity (ml)||N/A||300||350||450||450||520||450|
|Battery Capacity (mAh)||N/A||3,000||3,000||3,200||3,000||2,600||2,500|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Why are the DEEBOT robot vacuums better than others?
- The cheapest DEEBOT N79S shows excellent performance on both: bare floor and thin carpets and have thousands of reviews on Amazon.
- With the DEEBOT 901 and Ozmo 930, you can prioritize where to clean first using the app.
- With the same models, in the app, you can set restricted areas and create zoned cleaning.
- The Ozmo 930 automatically avoids carpets when mopping. This is the only model in the market with this kind of feature.
- The Ozmo 601 costs less than $200 and can also do mopping.
- All the DEEBOTs have decent battery life.
- All the models support Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
- Price. Most of the models are affordable.
Most of the robots from the Ecovacs family work about 90-110 minutes. This time is enough to cover an average home. With mapping, a robot vacuum is more efficient and spends even less time to clean.
Since the ECOVACS produces half of their robots with a mopping feature, most of the devices perform great on bare floor. An extra attachment helps to keep the floor clean by wet mopping it. Those machines that come without a mopping option also perform well on a hardwood floor, tile, marble, etc.
The ECOVACS robot vacuums are ideal for hardwood floors
The flagship Ozmo 930 is even able to recognize carpets when mop and avoids it leaving your rugs/carpets dry.
Ecovacs Deebot for carpet
Ecovacs produces robot cleaners that first of all work great on a bare floor, which doesn't mean the machines can't clean carpet. Consumers claim that all the models clean thin carpets and rugs pretty well. Strong suction power along with a cleaning brush (usually a bristled one designed to pick up pet hair from carpeted surfaces) do their job of catching dirt and dust with ease.
The DEEBOT is suitable for thin carpets
However, do not expect the Ecovacs to clean thicker carpets. The ECOVACS models are more suitable to clean thick carpets; however, they perform well on thin carpets.
With strong suction power and a bristle brush, the Ecovacs handles pet hair on bare floor and thin carpets. Unfortunately, the manufacturer doesn't mention the suction power of their robot vacuums, so we don't know which model is more or less powerful; but based on consumers reviews, we conclude that most of the devices from the family are suitable for pet owners.
The DEEBOT 901 and OZMO 930 are perfect for pet owners
Some robot vacuums such as DEEBOT 901 and OZMO 930 come equipped with a suction inlet that is an ideal solution for pet hair since it is tangle-free.
Smart Navigation, Mapping, and Path Planning
Most of the Ecovacs robots have a random navigation pattern. They move around the cleaning area and don't remember where they have been. The DEEBOT OZMO 930, and DEEBOT 901 are equipped with the SMART NAVI technology that helps to create a map and build the most efficient cleaning path.
The DEEBOT 711 also remembers your home layout, but it has different technology. It is equipped with a camera sensor instead of the laser to map out your interior. Unlike the LDS, camera-based cleaners need a light to be on when mapping. Also, you cannot set restricted areas, zoned cleaning, etc.
The DEEBOT 901, Ozmo 930 and DEEBOT 711 remember your home layout
In the ECOVACS app, you can watch your vacuum working in real-time. With the mapping feature, the Ecovacs OZMO 930, ECOVACS DEEBOT 901, and DEEBOT 711 cover the whole area without missing a spot.
Virtual boundaries, zone cleaning, prioritize areas
In the ECOVACS app, you can set virtual boundaries if you don't want the robot to go to some rooms.
With the ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 and Ozmo 930 you can set restricted areas, created zoned cleaning and prioritize where to clean first using the ECOVACS app
Also, there is a possibility of creating zone cleaning. If you want the robot to work within a particular room, this option is useful.
In case there are high-traffic rooms such as a kitchen or living room, you can prioritize the vacuum to clean there first.
These options are supported by the DEEBOT 901 and Ozmo 930.
All cleaners automatically get back to the docking station to recharge when the battery runs out of energy.
The DEEBOT Ozmo 930 and DEEBOT 901 are ideal for bigger homes
The recharge & resume feature makes a robot get back to recharge, and when its battery juices up, the robot returns to finish the cleaning from the spot it left off.
The recharge and resume option is supported by the DEEBOT Ozmo 930 and DEEBOT 901.
Obstacle Detection & Anti-Drop sensors
This technology helps robots to move around without bumping into things which protects your furniture. Also, it provides safety for the device so it will not fall from the stairs. All the robots are equipped with these sensors.
How To Control an Ecovacs Deebot
Ecovacs provides a few options to control its robots: by remote control, app, and voice for models compatible with Amazon Alexa / Google Home if you own any.
You can set your robot to work at a specific time on its own. All the robots come with scheduling.
- Bare floor. The ones with a mopping feature are ideal for a bare floor. That would be the OZMO 601, OZMO 930, and M82. If you don't need mopping, go with any of the DEEBOT models since they all perform great on bare flooring.
- Carpeted surface. If your home is mostly covered with thin carpets and rugs, have a look at the Ecovacs N79S (not the N79 because it's an older version) and the Deebot 601. If you are not tight on budget, go with the high-end models such as DEEBOT 901, Deebot 711, and Ozmo 930.
- Mixed Surface. For bare floors and rugs, go with the ones that include a mopping feature. Again, since the N79S is a high-rated product and if you don't need wet mopping - it is the perfect budget robot to buy.
- Pet hair. The more power a robot gets, the better it will catch pet hair from the floor. Basically, if you need a device only for a bare floor, pick up any of the following machines, but in case you have a carpet, it is better to stick with the models mentioned in the "carpeting surface" paragraph. The models equipped with a suction inlet are ideal for pet hair. These would be DEEBOT 901 and Ozmo 930.
- Amazon Alexa/Google Home compatible. If you have any Alexa-enabled device, you can control any of the ECOVACS robots with your voice since they all support smart voice assistants.
- Average size house. You probably will need the one with a mapping feature such as the DEEBOT 901, and Ecovacs OZMO 930 since the "recharge & resume" feature allows them to finish the job, covering the whole cleaning area. If you stick with the ECOVACS Deebot N79S, you will need to place it manually in every room if you want it to cover the whole household in one charge.
In the end
If you don't want to spend a lot of money, go with the Ecovacs Deebot N79S. It has a lot of good reviews, and consumers are in love with this model. For $230, you get compatibility with Alexa which is good for such price. It doesn't have a mopping feature though. It is a budget robovac that has everything you might need. The same goes for the DEEBOT Ozmo 601. It is a very similar robot to the N79S that has all the same features and also mops and costs around $180.
If you want a smarter machine, the DEEBOT 901 and Deebot OZMO 930 will suit your needs. These robot vacuums build a map of your house with an LDS sensor, and the ARM processor inside the device choose an efficient cleaning path. The DEEBOT 901 has all the same features that the Ozmo 930 does except carpet identification and mopping. The Ozmo 930 recognizes carpeted surfaces and doesn't go over it in Mopping mode leaving your carpets dry.
The DEEBOT 711 seems like a decent machine as well but the camera is not as efficient as the LDS, and with the LDS you can interact with maps when the camera-based model only gives you a report of cleaning. Also, the DEEBOT 901 costs less than the 711 one and has the same suction power. However, if you do not need these features but still want to get a smart machine without spending more on the Ozmo 930 - go with the DEEBOT 711.
Which Ecovacs Deebot would you get? Write to us in the comment section below.
Where to buy
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Roborock S5 vs. ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930
- Compare ECOVACS Deebot N79S vs. Eufy RoboVac 11S (Slim)
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 960 vs. ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 Comparison Chart
- ILIFE A9S vs. ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 Comparison
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 vs. Roborock S50 (White) Comparison
- Roborock S6 vs. Roomba i7+: The Differences Explained
- Viomi V2 vs Roborock S6: the Differences Explained
- Roborock S6 Hands On Review: What to Expect From the Newest Robot Vacuum
- 360 S5 vs. Xiaomi Mi Robot: Is the Newest Robot Vacuum Better Than Xiaomi?
- Viomi V2 - An Intelligent Robot Vacuum For Carpet