What You Need to Know Before Buying The Deebot: Model Comparison Chart
May 1, 2018 4 min read
You might or might not have heard about Ecovacs, but its rating goes much further than its reputation. The Ecovacs Deebot N79 is one of the best-sellers on Amazon right now so we decided to dive deeper into the model line that Ecovacs presents.
[Update December 2018] Get a closer look at the most popular ECOVACS DEEBOT vacuum cleaners to buy in 2019
Ecovacs Deebot Comparison Chart
|Features||Deebot N78||Deebot N79||Deebot N79S||Deebot M80Pro||Deebot OZMO 930||Deebot OZMO 601||Deebot Slim2||Deebot M88||Deebot M82||Deebot R95MKII|
|Suction Power (Pa)||N/A||1,000||1,000||500||520||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Control||remote control||app + remote control||app + Alexa + remote control||app + remote control + Alexa||app + Alexa||app||app + remote control||app + remote control + Alexa||remote control||app + Alexa|
|Recharge & Resume||no||no||no||no||yes||no||no||no||no||yes|
|Obstacle Climbing (mm)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||16||14||10||18||16||16|
|Noise Level (dB)||56||64||67||N/A||65||65||60||56||70||70|
|Dustbin Capacity (ml)||500||300||N/A||500||450||450||320||380||400||520|
|Battery Capacity (mAh)||3,000||2,600||N/A||3,000||3,200||3,000||2,600||3,000||3,000||2,850|
|Charging Time (hours)||4||3||N/A||4||4||4||4||4||4||3|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Most of the robots from the Ecovacs family work about 90-110 minutes. Most of the expensive robots work about 60-80 minutes (not including the latest models from Neato, Roomba, Xiaomi, and Roborock). Having a powerful motor, the battery lasts for more than an hour, which is impressive.
Since the ECOVACS produces half of their robots with a mopping feature, most of the devices perform great on a bare floor. An extra attachment helps to keep the floor clean by wet mopping it. Those machines that come without a mopping option also perform well on a hardwood floor, tile, marble, etc.
Ecovacs Deebot for carpet
Ecovacs produces robot cleaners that first of all work great on a bare floor, which doesn't mean the machines couldn't do a carpet. Consumers claim that all the models clean carpets and rugs pretty well. Strong suction power along with a cleaning brush (usually a bristled one designed to pick up pet hair from carpeted surfaces) do their job of catching dirt and dust with ease. However, do not expect the Ecovacs to clean high-pile carpets. Nevertheless, Ecovacs robots can clean thin carpet/rug as well as the more expensive devices on the market.
With strong suction power and a bristle brush, the Ecovacs handles pet hair on bare floor and thin carpets. Unfortunately, the manufacturer doesn't mention the suction power of their robot vacuums so we don't know which model is more or less powerful; but based on consumers reviews, we conclude that most of the devices from the family are perfect for pet owners.
Smart Navigation, Mapping, and Path Planning
Most of Ecovacs robots come with a random navigation pattern. They move around the cleaning area and don't remember where they have been. The Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII are equipped with SMART NAVI technology that helps create a map and build the most efficient cleaning path. With the mapping feature, the Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII cover the whole area without missing a spot.
All cleaners automatically get back to the docking station to recharge when the battery runs out of energy.
The recharge & resume feature makes a robot get back to recharge, and when its battery juices up, the robot returns to finish its job from the spot it left off. The Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII both come with the "recharge & resume" option.
Obstacle Detection & Anti-Drop sensors
This technology helps the robot move around without bumping into things which protects your furniture. Also, it provides safety for the device so it will not fall from the stairs. All the robots are equipped with these sensors.
How To Control an Ecovacs Deebot
Ecovacs provides a few options to control its robots. It is by remote control, an app, and voice for models compatible with Amazon Alexa / Google Home.
You can set your robot to work at a specific time on its own. All the robots come with scheduling.
- Bare floor. The ones with a mopping feature are ideal for a bare floor. That would be the M80Pro, OZMO 930, OZMO 601, Slim2, M88, M82, and R95MKII. The Ecovacs N79 and its upgraded version, the N79S, is an absolute winner when it comes to thousands of consumers reviews on Amazon; so if you don't care about the mopping function - go with the N79S.
- Carpeted surface. If your home is mostly covered with thin carpets and rugs, have a look at the Ecovacs N79S (not the N79 because it's an older version), the M80Pro, or the M82.
- Mixed Surface. For bare floors and rugs, go with the ones that include a mopping feature (not the Slim2 because it is super slim and probably will not clean carpets very well). Again, since the N79S is a high-rated product and if you don't need wet mopping - it is the perfect budget robovac to buy.
- Pet hair. The more power a robot gets, the better it will catch pet hair from the floor. Basically, if you need a device only for a bare floor, pick up any of the following machines, but in case you have a carpet, it is better to stick with the models mentioned in the "carpeting surface" paragraph.
- Amazon Alexa/Google Home compatible. If you have Echo Dot or any other device part of a smart ecosystem, have a look at the N79S, M80Pro, OZMO 930, M88, and R95MKII. With these robots, you will have the possibility of managing its movements with your voice.
- Average size house. You probably will need the one with a mapping feature such as the Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII since the "recharge & resume" feature allows the robots to finish the job, covering the whole cleaning area. If you stick with the ECOVACS Deebot N79S, you will need to place it manually in every room if you want it to cover the whole household.
In the end
If you don't want to spend a lot of money, go with the Ecovacs Deebot N79S. It has a lot of good reviews, and consumers are in love with this machine. For $250, you get compatibility with Alexa which is good for such a price. It doesn't have a mopping feature though. It is a budget robovac that has everything you might need.
If you want a smarter and more powerful machine, the Deebot OZMO 930 will suit your needs. This robot vacuum builds a map of your house with an LDS sensor, and ARM processor inside the device choose an efficient cleaning path. The Ozmo 930 recognizes carpeted surfaces and doesn't go over it in Mopping mode leaving your carpets dry.
Which Ecovacs Deebot would you get? Write to us in the comment section down below.