What You Need To Know Before Buying Ecovacs: Model Comparison Chart
May 1, 2018 4 min read
You might or might not hear about Ecovacs but its rating goes much further than reputation. Ecovacs Deebot N79 is one of the best-sellers on Amazon right now so we decided to dive deeper into the model line Ecovacs presented.
|Features||N78||N79||N79S||M80Pro||OZMO 930||OZMO 601||Slim2||M88||M82||R95MKII|
|Control||remote control||app+remote control||app+Alexa+remote control||app+remote control+Alexa||app+Alexa||app||app+remote control||app+remote control+Alexa||remote control||app+Alexa|
|Recharge & Resume||no||no||no||no||yes||no||no||no||no||yes|
|Battery Capacity (mAH)||3000||2600||N/A||3000||3000||3000||2600||3000||3000||2850|
|Charging Time (h)||4||3||N/A||4||4||4||4||4||4||3|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Most of the robots from Ecovacs family work about 90-110 minutes. Most of the expensive robots work about 60-80 minutes (not included the latest models from Neato, Roomba, and Xiaomi). Having a powerful motor, the battery lasts for more than an hour which is impressive.
Since ECOVACS produces half of their robots with a mopping feature, most of the devices perform great on a bare floor. An extra mopping attachment helps to keep the floor clean by wet mopping it. Those machines that come without a mopping option also perform well on a hardwood floor, tile, marble etc.
Ecovacs for a carpet
Ecovacs produces robot cleaners that firstly work great on a bare floor which doesn't mean the machines couldn't do a carpet. Actually, consumers claim that all the models in this chart clean carpets and rugs pretty well. A strong suction power along with a cleaning brush (which usually is bristled one that is designed to pick up pet hair from carpeting surface) do its job catching dirt and dust with ease. Do not expect Ecovacs to clean high-pile and some medium carpets. Nevertheless, Ecovacs robots can clean a thin carpet/rug as well as more expensive devices on the market.
With a strong suction power and a bristle brush, Ecovacs handles pet hair on bare floor and thin carpets. Unfortunately, the manufacturer doesn't mention suction in Pa so we don't know which model is more or less powerful but based on consumers reviews we conclude that most of the devices from the family is perfect for pet owners.
Smart Navigation + Mapping
Most of Ecovacs robots come with a random navigation pattern. They move around the cleaning area and don't remember where they have been. Ecovacs OZMO 930 and Ecovacs R95MKII equipped with the SMART NAVI technology that helps to create a map and build the most efficient path of cleaning. With the mapping feature Ecovacs OZMO 930 and Ecovacs R95MKII cover the whole area without missing a spot.
All cleaners automatically get back to the docking station to recharge when the battery runs out of energy.
Recharge & resume feature make a robot to get back to recharge and when its battery juices up the robot return to finish its job from the spot it left off. Ecovacs OZMO 930 and Ecovacs R95MKII come with "recharge & resume" option.
Obstacle Detection & Anti-Drop sensors
These technology helps the robot to move around without bumping into things which cause to protect your furniture. Also, it provides safety for the device so it will not fall down from stairs. All the robots are equipped with these sensors.
How To Control Ecovacs
Ecovacs provides a few options to control its robots. It would be a remote control, an app and those models that are compatible with Amazon Alexa / Google Home can be controlled by voice.
You can set your robot to work at a specific time on its own. All the robots come with scheduling.
- Bare floor. The ones with a mopping feature would be ideal for a bare floor. That's would be M80Pro, OZMO 930, OZMO 601, Slim2, M88, M82, R95MKII. Ecovacs N79 and its upgraded version N79S is an absolute winner when it comes to thousands of consumers reviews on Amazon so if you don't care about the mopping function - go with N79S.
- Carpeting surface. If your home mostly covered with thin carpets and rugs have a look at Ecovacs N79S (not recommended N79 because it's an older version), M80Pro, or M82.
- Mixed Surface. For bare floor and rugs go with the ones that include mopping feature (not the Slim2, it is super slim and probably will not clean carpets very well). And again, since N79S is a high-rated product and you don't need wet mopping - it is a perfect budget robovac to buy.
- Pet hair. The more power a robot gets the better it would catch pet hair from the floor. Basically, if you need a device only for a bare floor you can pick up any of the following machines, but in case you have a carpet - better to stick with the models we mentioned in the "carpeting surface" paragraph.
- Amazon Alexa/Google Home compatible. If you have echo dot or any other device that is a part of a smart ecosystem have a look at N79S, M80Pro, OZMO 930, M88, and R95MKII. With these robots, you will have a possibility to manage its movements with your voice.
- Average size house. You probably will need the one with the mapping feature such as Ecovacs OZMO 930 and Ecovacs R95MKII since with its "recharge & resume" feature the robots return to finish the job covering the whole cleaning area. If you stick with ECOVACS Deebot N79S you will need to place it manually in every room in case you want it to cover the whole household.
In the end
From all what we've said would be fair to notice the most obvious choice from all the models - its the Ecovacs Deebot N79S. It has a lot of good reviews, consumers love this machine. For a price of $250, you get compatibility with Alexa which you never find in other cleaners for such a price. It doesn't have a mopping feature though. It is a budget robovac that has everything you might need.
Which Ecovacs would you get? Write us in the comment section down below.
Get $100 off for a powerful robot vacuum Xiaomi Roborock with the coupon code GB100-$20off-
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Robot Vacuums With Mapping And Path Planning: Model Comparison Chart
- ECOVACS CEN540-LG vs DG801 vs DE33 Comparison
- Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners That Are Compatible With Amazon Alexa And Google Assistant
- What Is The Difference: Xiaowa Lite vs Xiaowa Route Planning Version
- The Best Robot Mops To Buy In 2018
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us to fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Array ( [thread] => resource-188 [name] => [email] => )