Table of Contents
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Comparison Chart
- Why are the DEEBOT robot vacuums better than others?
- For how long a DEEBOT can clean on one charge?
- Bare floor performance & OZMO technology
- ECOVACS DEEBOT for carpet
- Is a DEEBOT good for pet hair?
- Smart navigation, mapping, and path planning
- Smart Features: virtual boundaries, zone cleaning, prioritize areas
- Auto-recharge & resumption support
- Obstacle detection & anti-drop sensors
- How do I manually control my Ecovacs Deebot?
- DEEBOT R Series (R95 vs. R98)
- ECOVACS DEEBOT N Series
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 Series
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 600 Series
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 700 Series
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 900 Series
- ECOVACS DEEBOT 901
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 930
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 920
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 960
- ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T8
- Our recommendations
Ecovacs Robotics is a Chinese home robotics manufacturer with more than 20 years of experience in producing intelligent robot vacuum cleaners. Most of their products are highly rated on Amazon, they have budget models which you can buy for under $200 and a few flagship models that compete with other high-end devices from iRobot, Roborock, Neato, and others. If you decided to buy an Ecovacs Deebot but not sure which one is better for your needs, check out this comparison with the main differences between the Ecovacs Deebot model line.
Since the ECOVACS released many different models, some of them are old; some are most likely will not be on sale anymore, so we will not dive into the details of each of them. Let's have a look at the best and most popular Deebot models.
ECOVACS DEEBOT Comparison Chart
DEEBOT OZMO 930
DEEBOT OZMO 920
DEEBOT OZMO 950
DEEBOT OZMO 960
|DEEBOT OZMO T8|
|Suction Power (Pa)||1,000||800||N/A||1,000||N/A||N/A||1,200||1,500||N/A||N/A|
|Alexa / Google Home support||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Water tank size (ml)||-||-||-||300||-||-||240||240||250||240|
|Water level control||-||-||-||yes||-||-||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Virtual walls in mopping mode||-||-||-||no||-||-||yes||yes||N/A||yes|
|Mapping technology||-||-||Lidar||Lidar||Camera||-||Lidar||Lidar||Lidar + camera||Lidar + camera|
|Multiple-Mapping||-||-||no||no||no||-||up to 3||up to 3||no||up to 3|
|Object recognition and avoiding (such as socks, shoes, and cables)||no||no||no||no||no||no||no||no||yes||yes|
|Prioritizing where to clean||no||no||yes||yes||no||no||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Recharge & Resume||no||no||yes||yes||no||no||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Obstacle Climbing (in / mm)||N/A||0.55 / 14||0.70 / 18||0.62 / 16||N/A||0.55 / 14||0.79 / 20||0.79 / 20||0.39 / 10||0.79 / 20|
|Height (mm / in)||7.9 / 3.11||7.9 / 3.11||9.5 / 3.74||10.02 / 3.94||8.3 / 3.26||7.8 / 3.07||9.3 / 3.66||9.3 / 3.66||10.02 / 3.94||9.3 / 3.66|
|Noise Level (dB)||67||64||67||65||N/A||65||66||66||67||67|
|Dustbin Capacity (ml)||N/A||300||350||450||520||520||430||430||470||420|
|Battery Capacity (mAh)||N/A||3,000||3,000||3,200||2,600||2,500||N/A||5,200||3,200||5,200|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Why are the DEEBOT robot vacuums better than others?
- The cheapest DEEBOT N79S shows excellent performance on both: bare floor and thin carpets and has thousands of reviews on Amazon.
- With the 900 Series, you can prioritize where to clean first using the app.
- With the same models, in the app, you can set restricted areas and create zoned cleaning.
- The OZMO 900 Series automatically avoids carpets when mopping. This is the only model in the market with this kind of feature.
- The OZMO 601 costs less than $200 and can also do mopping.
- All the DEEBOTs have decent battery life.
- All the models support Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
- Price. Most of the models are affordable.
- There are two robots in the family that are able to recognize small objects.
- Two of the DEEBOTs run up to 200 minutes which is the longest in the industry.
For how long a DEEBOT can clean on one charge?
Most of the robots from the ECOVACS family work about 90-110 minutes. This time is enough to cover an average home. With mapping, a robot vacuum is more efficient and spends even less time to clean.
The S Series has resumption, which means it extends cleaning time and is ideal for bigger homes.
The OZMO 950 and T8 last up to 200 minutes on one charge.
Bare floor performance & OZMO technology
Since the ECOVACS produces half of their robots with a mopping feature, most of the devices perform great on bare floor. An extra attachment helps to keep the floor clean by wet mopping it. Those machines that come without a mopping option also perform well on a hardwood floor, tile, marble, etc.
The ECOVACS robot vacuums are ideal for hardwood floors
The flagship Ozmo 930, 920, 950, 960, and T8 are even able to recognize carpets when mop and avoids it leaving your rugs/carpets dry.
What is OZMO technology? It allows controlling the water level dripping depending on your cleaning needs instead of just let it run constantly. The water tank has a motor inside that ensures water leaks just the way you need it to. This makes mopping more efficient and extends cleaning time. There are 6 models with OZMO technology: OZMO 610, 920, 930, 950, T8, and OZMO 960.
ECOVACS DEEBOT for carpet
ECOVACS produces robot cleaners that first of all work great on hard floor, which doesn't mean the machines can't clean carpet. Consumers claim that all the models clean thin carpets and rugs pretty well. Strong suction power along with a cleaning brush (usually a bristled one designed to pick up pet hair from carpeted surfaces) do their job of catching dirt and dust with ease.
The DEEBOT is suitable for thin carpets
However, do not expect the ECOVACS to clean thicker carpets. Most ECOVACS models are more suitable for cleaning thick carpets; however, they perform well on low-pile carpets. The latest DEEBOT OZMO 920 & 950, and T8 are suitable for medium-pile carpets because of stronger suction power.
Is a DEEBOT good for pet hair?
With strong suction power and a bristle brush, the Ecovacs handles pet hair on bare floor and thin carpets. Unfortunately, the manufacturer doesn't mention the suction power of their robot vacuums, so we don't know which model is more or less powerful; but based on consumer reviews, we conclude that most of the devices from the family are suitable for pet owners.
The DEEBOT 900 Series and T8 are perfect for pet owners
Some robot vacuums such as DEEBOT S Series comes equipped with a suction inlet that is an ideal solution for pet hair since it is tangle-free. Also, the latest DEEBOT OZMO 920, 950, and T8 have the strongest suction and are ideal for pet hair even if you have medium-pile carpets.
Smart navigation, mapping, and path planning
Most of the Ecovacs robots have a random navigation pattern. They move around the cleaning area and don't remember where they have been. The DEEBOT OZMO 930, OZMO 920, OZMO 950, OZMO T8, and DEEBOT 901 have SMART NAVI technology that helps to create a map and build the most efficient cleaning path.
The DEEBOT OZMO 960 and T8, in addition, have a camera onboard that is able to recognize small objects and avoid them on its way.
The DEEBOT 711 also remembers your home layout, but it has different technology. It is equipped with a camera sensor instead of a laser to map out your interior. Unlike LDS-guided, the camera-based cleaners need a light to be on when cleaning. Also, you cannot set restricted areas, zoned cleaning, etc.
The DEEBOT 901, OZMO 900 Series, T8, and DEEBOT 711 remember your home layout
In the ECOVACS app, you can watch your vacuum working in real-time. With the mapping feature, the models with Lidar or camera cover the whole area without missing a spot.
The OZMO 920, 950, and T8 are the only models that support multimap which makes them suitable for multi-level houses
Smart Features: virtual boundaries, zone cleaning, prioritize areas
In the ECOVACS app, you can set virtual boundaries if you don't want the robot to go to some rooms.
Lidar-guided DEEBOTs allow setting restricted areas, creating zoned cleaning and prioritizing where to clean first using the ECOVACS app
Also, there is a possibility of creating zone cleaning. If you want the robot to work within a particular room, this option is useful.
In case there are high-traffic rooms such as a kitchen or living room, you can prioritize the vacuum to clean there first.
These options are supported by the ECOVACS models with mapping except for the DEEBOT 711.
Auto-recharge & resumption support
All cleaners automatically get back to the docking station to recharge when the battery runs out of energy. Normally a DEEBOT has about 100 minutes of battery life but one of the latest models the DEEBOT OZMO 950 and T8 last up to 200 minutes on one charge.
The DEEBOT OZMO 950 and T8 are ideal for bigger homes
The recharge & resume feature makes a robot get back to recharge, and when its battery juices up, the robot returns to finish the cleaning from the spot it left off.
The recharge and resume option is supported by the DEEBOT Ozmo 900s, T8, and DEEBOT 901.
Obstacle detection & anti-drop sensors
This technology helps the robots to move around without bumping into things. Also, it provides safety for the device so it will not fall from the stairs. All the robots are equipped with these sensors.
How do I manually control my Ecovacs Deebot?
Ecovacs provides a few options to control its robots: remote control, app, and voice for models compatible with Amazon Alexa / Google Home if you own any.
You can set your robot to work at a specific time on its own. All the robots come with scheduling.
DEEBOT R Series (R95 vs. R98)
We decided to not include the R series in the comparison chart because these are old models that are not worth paying attention to because of the other better value/performance models available on the market.
ECOVACS DEEBOT N Series
The ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S is listed on Amazon for ~190. It is the same old DEEBOT N79S only in white color. What is the DEEBOT N79S/N79W+ best for?
- The most affordable model
- Homes with bare floors and some thin carpets
If you don’t want to spend more and just looking for a budget robot vacuum that will be an addition to the main vacuum — have a look at the N79S/N79W+. It is compatible with Alexa/Google Home, able to vacuum thin carpets and has long battery life, however, do not expect it to deep clean your carpets, it is more suitable for bare flooring and everyday cleaning.
ECOVACS DEEBOT N78 vs. N79 vs. N79S vs. N79SE vs. N79W/N79W+: the difference explained
Firstly, let’s remember the oldest versions of the N Series: N78 and N79. The N78 is not Wi-Fi-enabled and comes with mopping attachment but the mopping performance is not impressive. The N79 is not a mopping robot but it does have Wi-Fi even tho it is not compatible with Amazon Alexa nor Google Home. These models have a low price tag so if you don’t need Alexa compatibility, you can get one of these.
N78 vs. N79: what has changed?
- The N79 lacks mopping attachments;
- The N79 is wi-fi enabled.
DEEBOT N79S vs. N79SE. The N79S is an updated version of the N79, it has Alexa and Google Home integration and Max power mode that gives more power and can even do light vacuuming jobs on low-pile carpets (not deep cleaning). It is capable of removing for pet hair on hard floor but will not do so on carpet. The DEEBOT N79SE is the same as the N79S but one of these is sold on Amazon (N79S) while you can find the other one on Best Buy (N79SE).
N79 vs. N79S/N79SE: what is the difference?
- The N79S/N79SE is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home;
- The newer model has Max mode providing stronger suction.
DEEBOT N79S vs. N79W/N79W+. The difference between the N79S and N79W is a color option: one is black and the other one is white. It has the same motor and features. The DEEBOT N79W+ comes with a 2-years warranty respectively having a higher price tag (other models have a one year warranty).
N79S vs. N79W vs. N79W+:
- N79S is black; the N79W is white;
- The N79W+ has an extended two years warranty.
Note, these models are not suitable for carpets, better use on hard flooring
ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 Series
It is one of the latest models from ECOVACS. The machine is similar to the N79S and Ozmo 601. The manufacturer does not provide what the suction is here. The robot is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home. What is the ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 good for?
- Small homes
- Homes with low-pile carpets
The ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 is ideal for small homes that have some thin carpets.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 500 vs. 502 vs. 505
There is no significant difference between these modifications except for the color option. The DEEBOT 500 is black, the DEEBOT 505 and DEEBOT 502 are white and grey respectively.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 600 Series
The ECOVACS DEEBOT 601 is on sale for about $220 on Amazon. It is similar to the previous model but has a different design and weaker suction. The DEEBOT 601 is good for:
- Homes with no carpets
- Small homes
The DEEBOT 601 is not good for carpets, the suction is not enough to provide deep cleaning but the robot is ideal for houses with bare flooring.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 600 vs. 601 vs. 605 vs. 661 vs. OZMO 610
All these models are Wi-Fi-enabled and can be controlled by voice if you have Alexa or Google Home.
DEEBOT 600 vs. 601 vs. 605 vs. 661. The 600 and 601 are the same models that are capable of mopping but the water tank can optionally be ordered separately. The DEEBOT 600 and 601 have a different color option: white and black respectively.
While the 600 and 601 modifications come without a water tank in the box, the DEEBOT 605 includes a tank. There is also a DEEBOT 661 which has the same features of the 605 modification, the difference between the DEEBOT 661 and DEEBOT 605 is also in a color option (black and white) only. Both models have a water tank in the box and this is how you can distinguish it from the 600/601 models.
The DEEBOT 605 (white) is not available to buy on amazon.com but you can get the DEEBOT 661 (black) instead.
600/601 & 605/661: the difference
- water tank can be ordered separately vs. includes in the box
DEEBOT 600/601/661 vs. OZMO 610. The main difference between these models would be OZMO technology. This system controls water level supply depending on light or heavier jobs while a standard water tank does not have a motor so water constantly drips at about the same amount all the time. Ozmo saves water extending mopping time up to 200 minutes on low settings (vs. 110 minutes). The OZMO 610 also has a smaller dustbin (450 ml vs. 520 ml).
600/661 vs OZMO 610: the main differences
- Ozmo technology controls water flow making mopping more efficient and also extends runtime in mopping mode;
- Dustbin size (520 ml vs. 450 ml);
- The 600/662 has a voice report.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 700 Series
Camera-based robot vacuum
The ECOVACS DEEBOT 711 is a robot vacuum cleaner from the model line that is based on a camera, not the LDS laser. The robot creates a map, knows where it has cleaned but does not support virtual walls and zoned cleaning. The previous two robots can be tracked in real-time in the app when the DEEBOT 711 can not. What is the DEEBOT 711 good for?
- Small and average-sized houses
- Homes with occasional thin carpets
The ECOVACS DEEBOT 711 is ideal for everyday cleaning but will not provide deep cleaning on carpets.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 710 vs. 711 vs. 711S
The 700 Series is a camera-guided robot vacuum with some small differences between modifications.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 710 vs. 711. It is the same robot vacuum, only the 710 is white when the 711 comes in black color. Other than the color options, these machines are identical.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 710 vs. 711
- The DEEBOT 710 is white; the DEEBOT 711 is black.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 711 vs. 711S. The DEEBOT 711S has better battery performance. Instead of 110 minutes, the 711S model gives you 130 minutes of runtime on one charge. At about the same price, you get an identical robot vacuum for a bigger cleaning area.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 711 vs. 711S
- Longer runtime: the 711S lasts up to 130 minutes compared to 110 minutes the original model has.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 900 Series
The 900 Series are laser or laser with camera-guided robot vacuums. Unlike the DEEBOT 700 Series, you can interact with the map by setting virtual walls, zoned cleaning or prioritize where to clean. The OZMO models come equipped with mopping attachments and are capable of recognizing carpets in order to avoid them.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 901
The cheapest robot with mapping
The ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 is one of the best budget robot vacuums with LIDAR technology. It is equipped with an LDS laser that creates a map of the house making cleaning more efficient. The robot does not go over the same spots twice and knows where it’s been.
In the app, you can track its movements in real-time, see a created map, switch between modes and schedule the robot.
The app also allows creating digital blocked zones and customize cleaning areas. And, you can prioritize cleaning saying living room first.
When the Deebot 901 cleans your house, and it doesn't finish cleaning the whole thing in one charge, it'll automatically recharge itself and when it is done charging it'll finish cleaning.
The robot is short even though it has a tower, the Deebot 901 fits under most furniture. In the box, you will find a suction inlet and the main cleaning brush. The inlet is excellent for pet hair since it doesn't cause hair tangling, the brush works better on carpet flooring. What is the ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 good for?
- Homes with a mixed surface
- Pet owners
- Average and big houses
- Cluttered homes. With the restricted areas option you can block the robot from going to certain places and don’t have to babysit it
The robot is ideal for all houses, from smallest to large ones. The Deebot 901 performs great on thin carpets and bare floor. Not suitable for thick carpets. For the price of around $350, the Deebot 901 is the best choice for those whose home is all about mixed surface.
ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 930
The ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 930 is similar to the DEEBOT 901. It includes a suction inlet, maps your home and has the same suction. However, the Ozmo 930 also can do mopping and while doing it, the robot avoids carpets so you don’t have to create blocked zoned around the carpets. The robot can identify carpets, when it’s on carpet, the Ozmo 930 boosts up suction to max level to provide deeper cleaning. What is the ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 930 suitable for?
- Average and big homes
- Homes with occasion carpets
- Houses with mostly bare flooring
- Pet owners
The Ozmo 930 is a flagship vacuum in the model line. It is the only robot vacuum on the market that automatically avoids carpets by recognizing them. The robot is perfect for those who have some carpets and want a machine with mopping. But the same as with the DEEBOT 901, the Ozmo 930 won’t get your carpets clean, the cleaner is not suitable for deep cleaning.
ECOVACS DEEBOT 900/901 vs. OZMO 930
- The OZMO is able to identify carpeted surface
- The OZMO 930 can do mopping
- Has a bigger dustbin (350 ml vs. 450 ml)
ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 920
Ideal for multi-level homes
The ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 920 is very similar to the new OZMO 950.
The biggest difference between them — suction power. The OZMO 950 has 1,500 Pa, the OZMO 920 has 1,200 Pa. The OZMO 950 has three cleaning modes: normal, max and max plus. The OZMO 920 has two: normal and max.
The OZMO 920 provides up to 130 minutes of cleaning which is a good result. It is not as good on medium-pile carpets as the OZMO 950 but still good enough for thin carpets and bare flooring.
Equipped with a 240 ml water tank and mopping pads for mopping chores. In the app, you can control the water level depending on your mopping needs.
The ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 920 is suitable for homes with more than one level, pet hair, and mixed surface.
What is the DEEBOT OZMO 920 good for?
- Average and bigger homes
- Multi-level houses
- Pet owners
- Homes with a small area of bare floor
- Homes with thin carpets
- Cluttered homes
- Alexa & Google Assistant owners
ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 920 vs. OZMO 930: what has changed?
- Multimapping makes the OZMO 920 suitable for homes with more than one level;
- Longer battery life (110 min vs. 130 min);
- Stronger suction power is better for picking up debris on low-pile and cleaning medium-pile carpet;
- The OZMO 930 has a slightly bigger dustbin and water tank;
- The newer model has a better climbing ability so it is suitable for thicker carpets.
To conclude: the OZMO 930 is an older robot vacuum with its flaws. It is good for small to average homes with almost no carpets and pet hair while the OZMO 920 is better for homes with more than one floor and medium-pile carpets.
ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950
The longest-lasting battery in the industry
The most powerful and longer-lasting robot vacuum cleaner in the family. Equipped with the LDS laser to build an accurate map. Runs 200 minutes on low power settings and the whole 150 minutes in high power which is long enough, only a few cleaners in the market can work on low power for 2.5 hours.
It has 1,500 Pa of suction and 24 CFM of airpower velocity which is one of the highest numbers we’ve seen to date. It has an upgraded cleaning brush that handles hair tangling pretty well. It provides deep cleaning on medium-pile carpet and shows good results on a deep carpet cleaning test according to the Vacuum Wars review.
The robot supports virtual boundaries, custom zone cleaning and area mode. By drawing a rectangle or clicking on a particular area, you can make the robot work within a certain zone or room or block it from going to specific places.
It is the first model that saves up to 3 floor plans which makes the robot ideal for big multi-level houses. It is equipped with a cleaning brush and suction port for bare flooring cleaning and pet hair pickup.
It recognizes carpet when vacuuming the cleaner boosts up suction once it steps on carpet to ensure deeper cleaning. In mopping mode, it avoids carpets. You can also drag an area around carpets to let the cleaner know where it should not go. Unlike the OZMO 930, the newest OZMO 950 can do both: mopping and vacuuming at the same time.
The ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950 is ideal for large households with more than one level covered with carpets, and pet owners.
What is the DEEBOT OZMO 950 good for?
- Large homes
- Multi-level houses
- Pet owners
- Homes with a small area of bare floor
- Homes with thin and medium-pile carpets
- Cluttered homes
- Alexa & Google Assistant owners
Why is DEEBOT OZMO 950 better than the DEEBOT OZMO 920?
- Has MAX+ mode which makes the robot suitable for medium-pile carpets and better for pet hair;
- Stronger suction (1,200 Pa vs. 2,000 Pa);
- Longer battery life makes the OZMO 950 the longest-lasting robot vacuum in the industry.
DEEBOT OZMO 950 vs. OZMO T8
- The OZMO T8 has an additional camera to recognize small objects and be more gentle towards them.
To conclude: The OZMO 950 is better for bigger homes and medium-pile carpets, also more suitable for pet hair.
ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 960
Can recognize and avoid objects on the floor
This model is equipped with a camera in front of the robot that can detect objects such as socks, shoes, cords, etc, and avoid them when cleaning your house. The robot identifies these objects and chooses the most efficient cleaning path around them. Probably it is the first robot vacuum that has such technology.
If you don't want to bother with picking things up from the floor before starting the cleaning, the Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 960 will be a good choice for you.
ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950 vs. ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 960: which one is better?
- Stronger suction. The manufacturer does not mention the suction of the OZMO 960 but we assume it is the same as the OZMO 930 has which makes the OZMO 950 more powerful;
- AI technology makes the OZMO 960 gentler with small objects;
- OZMO 950 has a longer battery life (200 min vs. 100 min);
- OZMO 950 supports multimap which makes it better for multi-level homes.
To conclude: the OZMO 960 has a camera onboard in tandem with a laser to recognize small objects though it does not have strong suction nor long battery life. It is better for an average house with no more than one level and no medium-pile carpets but it would be okay for pet hair if you don’t have anything thicker than low-pile carpets.
The OZMO 950 is suitable for multi-level houses with thin and medium-pile carpets and pets as well as some hard floor area to mop. It would not be as gentle with smaller objects as the OZMO 960 but the 950 robot also costs about ~$200 less.
ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T8
The newest robot in the family has DToF Laser Detection which recognizes small things such as cables, shoes, socks, etc. It has the most precise navigation in the family because of the built-in camera. Also, it can last up to 3+ hours on one charge which means the T8 is perfect for big homes.
Ideal for large multi-level houses
It supports multimapping and can save up to 3 different maps. The OZMO T8 is based on one of the best robots in the series, the OZMO 950.
Because of strong suction and carpet identification, the OZMO T8 is suitable for medium-pile carpets. It also avoids carpeted surfaces in mopping mode as it can detect one which you can see on the map.
The OZMO T8 avoids carpets in mopping mode
DEEBOT OZMO T8 vs. OZMO 960
- Suction power. We don’t know the exact suction of the T8 but based on the OZMO 950 which is the most powerful on the industry, we conclude, that the T8 is more powerful than the OZMO 960.
- Battery size. The OZMO T8 has a bigger battery that lasts longer and is more suitable for big houses.
- Climbing ability. The older OZMO 960 can only climb up to a 10 mm obstacle while the T8 can do a 20 mm one. This means the T8 can climb onto medium-pile carpets.
- Multimap management. The newer model stores up to 3 maps and is more suitable for multi-level houses.
- Height. The OZMO T8 is slightly shorter which means it can go under some furniture, the OZMO 960 can not.
To conclude: We do not recommend getting the OZMO 960 as it is expensive and is basically the OZMO 930 which is an old model. The OZMO T8 has a bigger battery, stronger suction, and overall better navigation & specifications. So far, the OZMO T8 is the best in the family and we would recommend it to buy for anyone who wants a robot vacuum with objects recognization and also great features.
- Bare floor. The ones with a mopping feature are ideal for bare floor. That would be the OZMO models: 930, 920, 950, and T8. If you don't need mopping, go with any model since they all perform great on bare flooring.
- Carpeted surface. If your home is mostly covered with thin carpets and rugs, have a look at the Ecovacs 500 and the Deebot 601. If you are not tight on budget, go with the high-end models such as DEEBOT 901, Deebot 711. The best for carpets would be the latest models: OZMO 930 and OZMO 950.
- Budget option. If you are tight on a budget and don’t have thick carpets, have a look at the DEEBOT N79S or DEEBOT 500.
- Mixed Surface. For bare floors and rugs, go with the ones that include a mopping feature. Again, since the N79S is a highly-rated product and if you don't need wet mopping - it is the perfect budget robot to buy.
- Pet hair. The more power a robot gets, the better it will catch pet hair off the floor. Basically, if you need a device only for a bare floor, pick up any of the following machines, but in case you have a carpet, it is better to stick with the models mentioned in the "carpeting surface" paragraph. The models equipped with a suction inlet are ideal for pet hair. These would be DEEBOT 901 and Ozmo 930. The best anti-hair-tangling brush is included inside the OZMO 920, 950, and T8.
- Amazon Alexa/Google Home compatible. If you have any Alexa-enabled device, you can control any of the ECOVACS robots with your voice since they all support smart voice assistants.
- Average size house. You probably will need the one with a mapping feature such as the DEEBOT 901, and Ecovacs OZMO 930 since the "recharge & resume" feature allows them to finish the job, covering the whole cleaning area. If you stick with the ECOVACS Deebot N79S, you will need to place it manually in every room if you want it to cover the whole household in one charge.
- Big-sized home. Because of the longest-lasting battery in the industry, the OZMO 950 and OZMO T8 are the best for really large homes. The OZMO 950 covers 350 square meters on one charge.
- Multi-level house. Since the DEEBOT OZMO 920, 950, and T8 save up to 3 different floor maps, these are the perfect models suitable for homes with more than one floor.
What is the best DEEBOT to buy?
If you don't want to spend a lot of money, go with the Ecovacs Deebot 500. It has good reviews, and consumers are in love with this model. At ~$200, you get compatibility with Alexa which is good for such price. It doesn't have a mopping feature though. It is a budget robovac that has everything you might need. The same goes for the DEEBOT 601 and N79S.
If you want a smarter machine, the DEEBOT 901 and Deebot OZMO 930 will suit your needs. These robot vacuums build a map of your house with an LDS sensor, and the ARM processor inside the device chooses an efficient cleaning path. The DEEBOT 901 has all the same features that the Ozmo 930 does except carpet identification and mopping. The Ozmo 930 recognizes carpeted surfaces and doesn't go over it in Mopping mode leaving your carpets dry.
The DEEBOT 711 seems like a decent machine as well but the camera is not as efficient as the LDS, and with the LDS you can interact with maps when the camera-based model only gives you a report of cleaning. Also, the DEEBOT 901 costs less than the 711 one and has the same suction power. However, if you do not need these features but still want to get a smart machine without spending more on the Ozmo 930 - go with the DEEBOT 711.
Those who are looking for a premium robot vacuum that would be suitable for any surface, multi-level houses and perfect for large households, the DEEBOT OZMO 950 is an ideal choice. If your home is about a mixed surface and it is not too big, the OZMO 920 would be right for you.
The latest DEEBOT OZMO 960 is the first robot vacuum in the industry with AI that is able to recognize small objects and avoid them but it has its flaws too. The camera can only recognize what is in front of it. Overall, the OZMO 960 is overpriced, the AI needs to be improved so we do not recommend getting it yet.
Editor’s Choice: the ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T8
So far, the OZMO T8 is the best robot vacuum in the model line. It is gentle towards objects, it has strong suction and is ideal for large multi-level houses. The robot is ideal for pet hair. If you have carpets, pets and live in a big house, have a look at the DEEBOT OZMO T8.
Which Ecovacs Deebot would you get? Write to us in the comment section below.