What You Need to Know Before Buying The Ecovacs: Model Comparison Chart
May 1, 2018 4 min read
You might or might not have heard about Ecovacs, but its rating goes much further than its reputation. The Ecovacs Deebot N79 is one of the best-sellers on Amazon right now so we decided to dive deeper into the model line that Ecovacs presents.
|Features||Deebot N78||Deebot N79||Deebot N79S||Deebot M80Pro||Deebot OZMO 930||Deebot OZMO 601||Deebot Slim2||Deebot M88||Deebot M82||Deebot R95MKII|
|Control||remote control||app+remote control||app+Alexa+remote control||app+remote control+Alexa||app+Alexa||app||app+remote control||app+remote control+Alexa||remote control||app+Alexa|
|Recharge & Resume||no||no||no||no||yes||no||no||no||no||yes|
|Battery Capacity (mAH)||3000||2600||N/A||3000||3000||3000||2600||3000||3000||2850|
|Charging Time (h)||4||3||N/A||4||4||4||4||4||4||3|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Most of the robots from the Ecovacs family work about 90-110 minutes. Most of the expensive robots work about 60-80 minutes (not including the latest models from Neato, Roomba, and Xiaomi). Having a powerful motor, the battery lasts for more than an hour, which is impressive.
Since the ECOVACS produces half of their robots with a mopping feature, most of the devices perform great on a bare floor. An extra attachment helps to keep the floor clean by wet mopping it. Those machines that come without a mopping option also perform well on a hardwood floor, tile, marble, etc.
Ecovacs for a carpet
Ecovacs produces robot cleaners that first of all work great on a bare floor, which doesn't mean the machines couldn't do a carpet. Consumers claim that all the models clean carpets and rugs pretty well. Strong suction power along with a cleaning brush (usually a bristled one designed to pick up pet hair from carpeted surfaces) do their job of catching dirt and dust with ease. Do not expect the Ecovacs to clean high-pile and some medium carpets. Nevertheless, Ecovacs robots can clean thin carpet/rug as well as the more expensive devices on the market.
With strong suction power and a bristle brush, the Ecovacs handles pet hair on bare floor and thin carpets. Unfortunately, the manufacturer doesn't mention suction in Pa so we don't know which model is more or less powerful; but based on consumers reviews, we conclude that most of the devices from the family are perfect for pet owners.
Smart Navigation + Mapping
Most of Ecovacs robots come with a random navigation pattern. They move around the cleaning area and don't remember where they have been. The Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII are equipped with SMART NAVI technology that helps create a map and build the most efficient cleaning path. With the mapping feature, the Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII cover the whole area without missing a spot.
All cleaners automatically get back to the docking station to recharge when the battery runs out of energy.
The recharge & resume feature makes a robot get back to recharge, and when its battery juices up, the robot returns to finish its job from the spot it left off. The Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII both come with the "recharge & resume" option.
Obstacle Detection & Anti-Drop sensors
This technology helps the robot move around without bumping into things which protects your furniture. Also, it provides safety for the device so it will not fall from stairs. All the robots are equipped with these sensors.
How To Control the Ecovacs
Ecovacs provides a few options to control its robots. It is by remote control, an app, and voice for models compatible with Amazon Alexa / Google Home.
You can set your robot to work at a specific time on its own. All the robots come with scheduling.
- Bare floor. The ones with a mopping feature are ideal for a bare floor. That would be the M80Pro, OZMO 930, OZMO 601, Slim2, M88, M82, and R95MKII. The Ecovacs N79 and its upgraded version, the N79S, is an absolute winner when it comes to thousands of consumers reviews on Amazon; so if you don't care about the mopping function - go with the N79S.
- Carpeted surface. If your home is mostly covered with thin carpets and rugs, have a look at the Ecovacs N79S (not the N79 because it's an older version), the M80Pro, or the M82.
- Mixed Surface. For bare floors and rugs, go with the ones that include a mopping feature (not the Slim2 because it is super slim and probably will not clean carpets very well). Again, since the N79S is a high-rated product and if you don't need wet mopping - it is the perfect budget robovac to buy.
- Pet hair. The more power a robot gets, the better it will catch pet hair from the floor. Basically, if you need a device only for a bare floor, pick up any of the following machines, but in case you have a carpet, it is better to stick with the models mentioned in the "carpeting surface" paragraph.
- Amazon Alexa/Google Home compatible. If you have Echo Dot or any other device part of a smart ecosystem, have a look at the N79S, M80Pro, OZMO 930, M88, and R95MKII. With these robots, you will have the possibility of managing its movements with your voice.
- Average size house. You probably will need the one with a mapping feature such as the Ecovacs OZMO 930 and the Ecovacs R95MKII since the "recharge & resume" feature allows the robots to finish the job, covering the whole cleaning area. If you stick with the ECOVACS Deebot N79S, you will need to place it manually in every room if you want it to cover the whole household.
In the end
From all what we've said would be fair to notice the most obvious choice from all the models - its the Ecovacs Deebot N79S. It has a lot of good reviews, consumers love this machine. For a price of $250, you get compatibility with Alexa which you never find in other cleaners for such a price. It doesn't have a mopping feature though. It is a budget robovac that has everything you might need.
Which Ecovacs would you get? Write us in the comment section down below.
WHERE TO BUY
Share with friends:
- ECOVACS Deebot R95 vs Neato Botvac Connected Comparison Guide
- Proscenic 790T vs Roomba 690 Comparison: The Best Rated Robot Vacuums on Amazon
- Xiaomi Xiaowa Review: an Affordable Robot Vacuum With Strong Suction
- What Is a Robot Vacuum Cleaner & Why You Should Buy It?
- Shark Ion 750 vs Roomba 690
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!