Viomi v2 app issue - unable to pair

Hello, I've received device yesterday, but for my surprise app from Viomi nor Xiaomi works, unable to pair with wifi/robot, so for now useless device and not able to control it. Any hint how did u manage to connect? thanks

80 comments
GeoTsap ⋅ 3 years, 3 months ago #

I bought the viomi vslam VXVC05-SJ because it is so slim and fits under my furniture.
But i have a very big problem with viomi app.
It connects with xiaomi home app but it is lagging with the map creation after first use . The result is creating a totally different map with my home. Anyone. Can help me?

Dušan Kuplen ⋅ 3 years, 2 months ago #

i have the same problem with this robot viomi vslam VXVC05-SJ

Bekir Gençoğlu ⋅ 3 years, 5 months ago #

Try with android phone it will fix 100 percent

Miguel ⋅ 3 years, 8 months ago #

After Firmware update the same happens to me... I'm unable to pair it with the Mi Home app. After 8 months working more or less ok my Viomi V2 Pro is a going to warranty service (I hope).

M2Me ⋅ 3 years, 9 months ago #

Same problem. New Xaiomi styj02ym shipped on Aliexpress from Spain. It won't connect to WiFi or Phone on the Mi App. Tried China mainland and Germany servers with no change. Any suggestions?

Philip ⋅ 3 years, 10 months ago #

Hello,

I have same issue with me, not paring working perfectly for 7 months, now my phone can not see anymore WiFi from vacuum cleaner to reconnect.

Does somebody has a solution?

Domen ⋅ 3 years, 10 months ago #

I have a problem with a brand new EU viomi v2. I can't for the life of me pair it and add it to mi home app. It just scans and doesn't find anything despite the blue lights blinking on robot. I set the region to Germany and even tried china or Singapore and nothing helps. App just doesn't see the robots signal. App is latest update. Don't know what gives. It's brand new. I really need help.

Nat ⋅ 3 years, 10 months ago #

I also have the same problem. The mop function doesn't work or keeps stopping. I have the old app. I didnt update it as I heard there were issue with the new updates. I tried setting the region to Germany & I even used a German VPN. Still it doesn't work. Keeps saying to install the 2 in 1 vacuum.

han ⋅ 3 years, 10 months ago #

My viomi v2 has some crazy problems since the firmware update. Anyone facing similar issues?
1. Similar to @ devi - it can't detect the dust box or the mop specific water tank. It can only detect the 2 in 1 tank. Hence it repeatedly asks me to install the tank when either of the former 2 containers are installed

2. When using the 2 in 1 vacuum + mop , upon start up instead of the 8 to 10 busts of water to wet the mop, the tank just shoots/ spurts out all the water and completely empties itself creating this massive puddle of water!

jack ⋅ 3 years, 11 months ago #

devi ⋅ 3 years, 11 months ago #

everytime i set for mop, it keep asking for 2-in-1 compartment. before the latest firmware update, it works fine.
when they will launch new firmware?

Gilles M. ⋅ 4 years ago #

Hello. After the new update the two-way wipe doesn't work. Any idea ?
Thanks

Alin-Mircea Patrascu ⋅ 4 years, 1 month ago #

Hi all, I had issues pairing my Viomi V2 PRO with Mi Home app.
Trying to connect and no result. Phone communicate with device but does not register to network. any reset trick?

Primož ⋅ 4 years, 1 month ago #

Hello,

I have same issue with me, working perfectly for 4 months, now my phone can not see anymore WiFi from vacuum cleaner to reconnect.

Does somebody has a solution?

Thank you?

Primož

Pavol ⋅ 4 years, 3 months ago #

Hi. I have a problem with the Viomi V2. Before the leatest update it worked perfect but after that it goes wrong, sometime is working sometime is disconnecting and the device cannot locate the area and I can´t connect to the device, the app can´t read the are files and getting offline. What is the solution? What should I do? Thank you in advance for the answer.

Joanne ⋅ 4 years, 3 months ago #

Dear all,

I got same problem with you all, unable pair my device with WIFi. Finally can connect it.

Hope this link may you guys.
https://youtu.be/kEs4bBnpjgM

Follow it then u can connect it. :)

Donce ⋅ 4 years, 4 months ago #

Hi all, I had issues pairing my Viomi V2 PRO with Mi Home app. Brought home router from work and it worked perfectly from first attempt. Checked all parameters for both routers, but all looked the same. At last I tried to reset my router and in name and password didn't use any symbols. After that robot connected at first attempt.

Philip Yun ⋅ 4 years, 4 months ago #

Viomi V2 Robot can not paring Mi Home app. Maybe server problem.

Viomi V2 PRO! ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

the viomi app does not work why?

Michael ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

I'm not sure, but maybe the V2 Pro model works only with the Mi Home app.

Serkan ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

Serkan

Hi guys,

I bought Xiaomi Viomi V2 from China. When i came back to my country Turkey, the same problem occured and i could not pair the vacuum robot with my phone. After reading a lot about the same problem i tried many options. Finally i solved the problem for my situation. So just use Mi home App. From profile section go to settings and change location to China. After this step, some updates can come and App will see and pair your robot.
I hope it works for you as well. Bye

Mehmet ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

Thank you Serkan, It works

Tal ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

Hi,
Im getting with new app problems:
Robot connects and all but after starting cleaning 3 minutes, it says: olease install dust box or water tank or whatever.. even these are installed.. tried with all 3 types of boxes.
Any solution to this ?
It didnt happen before..
Is there way to reset it ?

Er ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

One of the big problem about the Mi Home app + viomi v2 that it is not possible to schedule full week by specific day and hour,
only 1 specific start time for the all week :-( .
It’s basic option

shyha ⋅ 4 years, 3 months ago #

You can do it. Ignore Schedule in app. Use Automation in Mi Home instead.
I scheduled vacuuming 3 days a week and 1 mopping on Saturday.

Dave ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

Hi guys,
I have just bought viomi v2 (EU version) and having problems connecting the Mi home app with the robot. I have never used mi home app before, so I set up an account and and it asks me to either "setup mihome gateway" or "set up wifi smart adapter". Do I require any other products like Energenie hub or smart plug to connect the app to the robot? Or is there a way of connecting the app directly to the robot? Step by step tutorial would be highly appreciated.

Michael ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

Hi Dave,
You don't need any other products to connect the Viomi V2 with the Mi Home app. Log into your account in the Mi Home app; on the main screen, you will see a round "+" button in the top right corner. Press this button and give the app permission to turn on Bluetooth and to determinate your location when it asks for it. Now, you will see two links on the top: "Devices nearby" and "Add manually". Press and hold for a few seconds buttons on the robot vacuum (home + power button) to enter the robot into pairing mode. Now you can manually select the Viomi V2 from the list of supported devices or use "Device nearby" to find the robot automatically. Then just follow the instruction on the screen. Check out this video.

Thanks Michael. I managed to pair my phone with the device. It appears that I was looking into wrong app. Instead of working in Xiaomi Home App I tried to use MI Home app by Energenie. I made a few vacuum and mop tests last night and I am happy with the results and how the app is working so far.

Kk ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

Hi all,

I am getting confused. Does the app work or not? And which one? The Xiaomi or the Viomi? And how does it work if it works indeed? Help!!!!!!

Hi,
As far as I know, there are two modifications of the Viomi V2: Chinese and international. Chinese version works only with the Viomi app, when the international version - only with the Mi Home app. You can't pair the Chinese version with the Mi Home app and vice versa. I have the international Viomi V2, so I'm using the Mi Home. The app is usable, but a little buggy and some features don't work. However, we had the opportunity to test the beta app, which will be released to the public soon. It is more stable, sleek, and has a new feature - intelligent rooms recognition, so you can send the robot to clean a specific room (or a few selected rooms). I can't say that the beta is perfect but much better than the current version.

Edi ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

There is news about beta? Is it come to us?=)

Hi,
The beta app is not released to the public yet. I've heard that it will be released soon, but don't know when exactly.

Finally, it's here! The app was updated yesterday.

lukow ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

Was updated for android only. Having difficulties on IOS with the old app and new viomi firmware....
losing patiance with this buggy app

Nat ⋅ 3 years, 10 months ago #

Does your app have the button for both mop + vacuum? Or are they separate?

Dor ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

מזל שלא קניתי את ה Viomi v2
אני רואה שעדין קיימות בעיות איתו

Cassandra ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

Hi does anybody here ever face a problem with 'water tank does not exist' on mi home app eventhough the water tank has been installed correctly? Can somebody help me to solve this problem? Thanks

Natalie Red ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

Hi, Cassandra. Did you try contacting Viomi customer support with this problem? So far I can't find any solution for this, maybe they can help.

Dave ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

Viomi support doesnt react anymore and the "promised" big update is nowhere

Hi Dave. We have already tested the newest beta version of the app. You can see screenshots of the beta app in this video. So I really hope it will be released to the public soon (maybe until the end of September).

Great! nice to see this info, as I and probably many other lost the hope...
I see finally rooms! great :)
Is this App for Xiaomi home or Viomi only?

Yeah, I like the room recognition feature. This is the Mi Home app, I have no idea if the Viomi app will be updated with the same features as well.

how did they activate beta ? somehow manually via the Xiaomi Home account ID?
Cos unable to change the start of vacuuming drives me crazy for already 3-4 months

One of our readers proposes us to test the beta app (he is in contact with app developers). As far as I know, there is no way to activate it manually. You can find more screenshots of the beta app in this review: http://c.mi.com//thread-2420097-1-0.html

George ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

Finally, oh, this is great news. I like the product, but the software side is terrible as is at the moment. Looking forward to the update.

Got the FW update, app is much better not that laggy, even Robot seem to performs bit faster (louder maybe), like overclocked ;)

Negative:
Scheduler doesnt start at all whole day, needs to be started manually seems like.

But is still Beta

Eyad ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

Hi Dave,

How did you get the beta update? my old MI app that was working in an accepted way is now not showing any wall in the house after I updated my iPhone to IOS13

Edi ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

I have the same problem after updating iphone to ios 13.....

Eyad ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

Regarding the "No Wall" issue after updating the IOS
it got fixed after i changed my server, for some reason i was selecting Germany server on my Mi home App while i live in Turkey... once i changed the server to Turkey everything changed and i got the new looking app with room Selection as the video shown by @Natalie, so check the server guys.

Natalie Red ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

Thanks a lot. Hopefully, it will help the others with this issue :)

Leo ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

Hi! I have a same problem on a Xiaomi Mijia Robot STYJ02YM, its basically identical vacuum to Viomi V2. I have this problem after an update and my vacuum telling me "water tank(reservoir) is not installed, please install water reservoir", but I inserted 2 in 1 box inside and it tells me "2 in 1 water tank is well installed".
Do you still have a problem like this? Thank you very much, appreciate it!

Refik ⋅ 3 years, 3 months ago #

Bende de aynı sorun oluştu. Viomi V3 mop hatası veriyor. Siz çözebildiniz mi...?

Economacy ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

Did you find a solution to this?

George B ⋅ 4 years, 8 months ago #

I had the same issue as Dave. I set the region to Germany (turned on Bluetooth, turned off mobile data). After a couple tries it went well, was able to update and use all the functions. Thanks for the comments! :)

1 day update:

The software has issues as it was mentioned. It stops sometimes and loses the map, I had to restart the house cleaning 3 times (I would recommend the side sweeping mode as it is much faster obviously, but it will save the map). I'm really sad if they won't update the software, because it would be better, but they won't make a big competition to the more expensive roborock family in house.

Also little disappointment, that long curtains count as an object so it avoids them, don't go underneath or behind them (also mirrors trick the system - we have a huge mirror from floor to ceiling and it bumps into it and spends like 5 minutes to leave that place finally).

The cleaning itself surprisingly good. So far I'm satisfied the actual robot, but the software will give me headache.

Michael ⋅ 4 years, 8 months ago #

Hi George,
Thanks for your update. For some reason, I can't set virtual barriers in the app. Does this feature work for you? Are you using the Mi Home app or Viomi Robot app? It seems like there are two variants of the robot, my device works only with the Mi Home, but there is another Chinese version that works only with the Viomi Robot app. Some users claim that the Viomi app has more features and more stable, but I was not able to connect it with my robot vacuum.

Hey,

I can set virtual walls, but it has to be done clean-by-clean :/.

I use the Mi Home App. The wifi network does not match with what the Viomi app needs. I guess the it's same as your issue.

Michael ⋅ 4 years, 8 months ago #

Just got the Viomi V2. I was able to pair the robot after a few attempts, I think it started pairing when I turned off mobile data on my phone — will test it more later.

Overall, build quality is good, but the app still needs to be polished. I've measured airflow velocity with an anemometer, and it shows 23 CFM: 876 ft/min (wind speed) x 0.026099 sq. ft (area of the duct). It is a better result than the Roborock S5/S6 and Roomba s9+ shows in the same tests. Only the 360 S7 and S5 that we have reviewed showed a little bit better result of 24 CFM. We'll get a new manometer soon which will be able to measure suction in Pascals, so it would be great to compare it with other robot vacuums.
Still testing all the app features and cleaning performance, will post our review soon.

Alex ⋅ 4 years, 8 months ago #

There is a way to fix it. Robot does not work in all regions. In My Home app set the region to Germany (because this model is designed for Europe) and all will work.

Natalie Red ⋅ 4 years, 8 months ago #

Did you contact Viomi or it just worked with the Germany region?

Dave ⋅ 4 years, 8 months ago #

Viomi support via FB, but they are vary lame in replies once in 2 weeks or so, promising some big update already 2 months. currently with FW 21 you are not even able to set time when u want to start.
Multiple floor option doesnt exist yet...main functions are not there

Mohammad ⋅ 4 years, 2 months ago #

Dear Alex
i had the same problem and as you said i changed my country to germany and it just worked like a piece of cake!
thank you man, thank you :)

Luk ⋅ 3 years, 5 months ago #

The same in my case. After changing on Germany - works fine.

Jenson ⋅ 4 years, 9 months ago #

How to create multi map in viomi v2? I cannot find any option to store a map..

Natalie Red ⋅ 4 years, 11 months ago #

Seems like integrating the Viomi with the Mi Home will be available by the end of May 2019. Try to contact Viomi on Facebook. Costumer service works from Monday to Sunday 9:00-21:00.

Dave ⋅ 4 years, 11 months ago #

BTW ive tried Viomi app, with Xiaomi app it doesnt have it in there present
I tried via FB, but no reply since friday :( https://www.facebook.com/pg/viomitech/posts/?ref=page_internal

Pm ⋅ 4 years, 1 month ago #

Had the pairing problem. Reset or factoty setting didn't work. The advice from Alex (use Germany region) solved the problem! Thank you Alex.

Hi Dave,

Did you follow the instruction of how to connect the Viomi V2 to the app?

Natalie

Dave ⋅ 4 years, 11 months ago #

App is expecting "V-RVCLM21B-XXXX" network on Vacuum, but i and many other have "viomi-vacuum-v6_miapXXXX" and that might be the problem as well....no clue :(

Dale ⋅ 4 years, 10 months ago #

Have you found a solution or workaround to this?

Dave ⋅ 4 years, 10 months ago #

contact Viomi via FB a wait till they add you manually to Server, then u can see device in Xiaomi App.

But after is added there are other problems present:
- unable to set rooms / floors
- they disabled scheduled cleaning with last FW update , probably due to fact that even after i set 8am it started 5-6h earlier. Probably due to time zone settings somewhere

Basically they are selling product with unfinished software

Michael ⋅ 4 years, 9 months ago #

Hi Dave!
Have they fixed these problems already? What is your overall experience with this robot vacuum? Do you like it? Thanks!

Dave ⋅ 4 years, 9 months ago #

Asked geekbuying (where i got the device) to return, but in the end we agreed for partial refund.

Since my last comment Viomi support didn't fixed anything, they just asked to do Video, no clue of how can i make video that they are missing features in app, they should see it as well.

Anyway Viomi support is very poor, 1x reply per week or so.

Viomi device is cleaning but i cannot set new time as is it still blocked.
Vacuuming is done well,HW looks nice and solid so far. Only issue is the promoted functions are not there yet

Vill ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

Hey, Did you find a way to fix this pare problem?
I have it too. No idea how to fix

Michael ⋅ 4 years, 5 months ago #

Hi,
Try to connect the robot with the Mi Home app (instead of the Viomi Robot app).

marcello ⋅ 3 years, 9 months ago #

Mine was imported direct from Aliexpress - China. Doing some research I found out that you have setup Chinese mainland ... It's all you have to do. Start pairing again.

Sally ⋅ 4 years, 11 months ago #

I have the same problem. Can’t connect the robot to WiFi. Help please

At this moment it seems like you cannot connect the Viomi V2 with the app. It should be available by the end of May. Try to contact Viomi on Facebook. Costumer service works from Monday to Sunday 9:00-21:00.

Raphal ⋅ 3 years, 10 months ago #

Hi Sally, have you sort it the issue? I have the same problem

Sally ⋅ 4 years, 11 months ago #

I have the same problem. Help please

Join our friendly community

Learn more about home robots, ask questions, share news, reviews, or create posts that you find helpful or entertaining.