Roborock S6 Features
|Mapping / Path planning||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS|
|Recharge & Resume||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes|
|Noise Level||50 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh|
|Run time||150 min|
|Charging Time||150 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W|
|IR Remote Control||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes|
|Manual movement control||yes|
|Selected Room Cleaning||yes|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no|
Roborock S6 highlights
- 2-in-1. Can do mopping and sweeping at the same time.
- Among the strongest suction power and pick-up ability in the industry.
- Carpet identification. When the robot is on a carpeted surface, the suction boosted up to provide max cleaning performance.
- Identifies rooms after cleaning. When it finishes the job, it automatically divides the map by rooms.
- Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, it is suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm).
- The Mi Home supports virtual blocked zones which allows you to forbid the robot from going to specific places in your house.
- You can schedule the robot to clean specific rooms in the specified time. * Comes with a 2-year warranty, the longest in the industry.
- Has the longest-lasting battery (5200mAh) on the market and supports recharge & resumption, making the robot suitable for bigger homes.
- Thanks to the LIDAR and SLAM technology, it knows your floor plan.
- Stores up to 3 different floor plans, perfect for houses with more than one level.
- The power cord can be hidden inside the charging dock.
- Builds a very accurate map of your house; you can watch this process in real-time on your iOS or Android phone in the Mi Home app thanks to the three powerful processors housed inside.
- The cleaning brush parts are detachable. It is helpful when you are cleaning the brush from pet and long human hair.
- Even though it has strong suction, it is not as noisy as other robot vacuums on the market and 50% quieter than the Roborock S5.
- Has a rubber side brush: we have not seen anything similar before, and it looks like the new, improved brush will last longer.
We had a great chance to test the machine which you can all read about in the Roborock S6 review.
Mapping & Navigation
The robot has an LDS laser inside its head. The laser scans a cleaning area to build an accurate plan of the house. Compared to the previous version - the Roborock S5, the newest model finishes cleaning 20% faster. With mapping, the S6 cleans faster than those robots that move around until the battery dies. The Roborock does not go over the same spots again and never misses an area when cleaning covering the whole area in one cleaning cycle. The robot moves in a back-and-forth pattern methodically moving in straight lines. If you live in a big home (by big, we mean really big, more than 250 square meters), once the Roborock battery runs out of energy, it will return to recharge and continue cleaning from the same spot it left off — no need to worry about repeating the cleaning.
Schedule the robot to work in the kitchen at 10 AM every day
Mi Home App & Features
When the Roborock S6 finishes cleaning, it divides the map into separate rooms. You can edit the map as many times as you want to. This feature is also helpful when you want to schedule the robot to work in the kitchen at 10 AM, and the living room at 4 PM. Just go to the timer setting, choose the time, how often the robot should repeat the cleaning, pick a cleaning mood and click on the room you want to be cleaned. This feature is impressive if you don't want to clean the whole house because let's be honest, some rooms get dirtier than others.
Also, apart from the room cleaning, you can draw a rectangle to make the robot work within this zone. It is helpful if you want to clean a specific area, not the whole room.
In the Mi Home app, you can find barrier tape function and block off zones. Use it to prevent the robot from crossing some areas in the house.
Design & Cleaning Performance
The robot is equipped with a rubber side brush that supposed to catch even the smallest particles on carpet. Underneath there are a cleaning brush and two big wheels. The robot can cross an obstacle up to 20 mm in height. Along with strong suction, the brushes work together to agitate dust and dirt channeling it into the dustbin. The main cleaning brush has detachable parts that are essentials when it comes to cleaning the roller from hair.
The Roborock S6 is an excellent choice for pet owners
The machine has 14 sensors that help it to navigate around without getting stuck or bump into furniture. Actually, the Roborock is quite gentle with the furniture.
The Roborock S6 is suitable for carpets and bare floors
It has a bunch of sensors that recognize carpet flooring. Once the S6 steps on carpet, it boosts up suction to provide deep cleaning on carpets and returns to normal when it is off the carpet. It saves battery life since you don't have to turn the max power settings on all the time.
The Roborock S6 is safe for those who have an allergy or suffer from asthma
The 500 ml dustbin is not the biggest and highly recommended to be emptied after every cleaning. Inside the dustbin, you will find a washable HEPA filter than meant to last longer than those that can't be washed.
Some features such as strong suction, carpet boost, and big wheels help the robot to perform great on thin and thick carpets (except shaggy rugs). It picks up even the smallest particles and has no issues with pet and long human hair.
The Roborock S6 has a water tank with a switch that adjusts the amount of water you need depending on your cleaning needs. There are 10 disposable wipes in the box for day-to-day cleaning and 2 micro-fiber pads.
In our test, the robot was able to soften stains. Maybe it is not the best mopping system, but it works fine and is ideal for those who don't like manual mopping.
On bare flooring, we didn't notice any difference between low and high power settings. The Roborock picks up every particle from flour and sugar to cereals. The robot mops and sweeps at the same time, so you don't have to run the robot first to pick up everything before inserting the water tank.
Why buying the Roborock S6: what makes it one of the best?
- The longest-lasting battery in the business
- Real-time tracking
- One of the strongest suction power on the market
- Great pick up ability
- Shows excellent performance on carpets not thicker than 20 mm
- Remembers your home layout thanks to the LIDAR
- With long battery life and resumption, the Roborock S6 is perfect for big homes
- With storing up to 3 floor plans, the S6 is suitable for multiple-store houses
- The Mi Home app allows setting restricted areas. Not many models support it
- The Mi Home app permits creating zoned cleaning by drawing a rectangle on the map. A few flagship robots have this feature
- The S6 divides a map into separate rooms when finishes cleaning. It allows scheduling the robot to work in a particular room. Useful if you want to make it work in the kitchen only
- Carpet boost is supported by a few high-end models such as the Roomba i7+, and some budget robots made by Roborock
- New water tank and two types of mops help the robot to perform better on bare flooring
- LIDAR does not require light in the room
- Comes with a 2-year warranty when other models have a 1-year warranty
- The HEPA is washable, safer for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Nevertheless, it is among the most powerful machines, the Roborock is also one of the quietest in the industry.
The Roborock S6 is ideal for multiple-store houses, large households, pet owners. It is suitable for mixed surfaces, works great on bare floors and shows excellent performance on carpets as well. If you are looking for a decent flagship robot vacuum that not only performs great on both: bare floor and carpet but also has an app that gives useful features such as room cleaning, restricted areas, etc. - go with the Roborock S6 the best robot vacuum cleaner to buy in 2019.
Video reviews of the Roborock S6
Roborock S6 alternatives
Compare Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Compare the Roborock S6 with other robot vacuums
- Roborock S6 vs. iRobot Roomba S9+ Comparison Chart
- Roborock S6 vs. Roomba s9+: Comparison Chart
- Comparing 360 S6 vs. Roborock S6: What Is The Difference?