iRobot Roomba i7 7150 Features
|Mapping / Path planning||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||camera, odometry|
|Recharge & Resume||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes|
|Noise Level||68 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs|
|Battery Capacity||3300 mAh|
|Charging Time||120 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||N/A|
|IR Remote Control||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||no|
|Manual movement control||yes|
|Selected Room Cleaning||yes|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||yes|
iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) quick glance
The Roomba i7 is equipped with one side sweeper, advanced silicone rollers, has strong suction and a 500 ml dustbin. All these things work together to agitate debris, dust, and dirt from hard floors and carpets.
The Roomba i7 has smart carpet identification. Once the robot recognizes carpeted flooring, it boosts air power to its max level. When the machine leaves the carpet, it returns to standard cleaning mode.
There is dirt detect that automatically provides deeper cleaning on high-traffic spots.
Same as with the Roomba 960 and 980, the Roomba i7 is equipped with a full dustbin indicator. When the container inside the vacuum gets full, the cleaner alerts which you can see inside the app. You have to empty the container manually and let the robot continue cleaning.
Inside the Roomba i7, there is a built-in camera sensor. It scans the surroundings to create a map of your room, so the vacuum knows where exactly to clean. After the plan is created, the i7 moves back-and-forth in straight lines methodically cleaning one room after another.
The Roomba i7 is suitable for bigger homes with carpets and bare floors though it does not mop. Perfect for pet hair thanks to its brushless rollers. The carpet boost, good climbing ability, and strong suction make the i7 perform well on carpets up to 20 mm height.
Most significant improvements the Roomba i7 gets is the ability of zone cleaning. When the robot creates a map, you can divide it into areas, name each and schedule the vacuum to work on a specific zone. The robot stores up to 10 different floor plans which makes it suitable for multiple-level houses.
In the box, you get a dual virtual wall barrier that keeps the robot from wandering.
Pros of the Roomba i7 (7150)
- Perfect for pet owners
- Performs well on carpets
- Decent battery life
- Mapping makes cleaning more efficient
- Thanks to the recharge & resume, the Roomba i7+ is suitable for bigger homes
- Saved maps make the Roomba i7+ good for one and more level houses
- Allows cleaning within a particular zone
- HEPA filtration is ideal for people with allergy
Cons of the Roomba i7 (7150)
- No mopping feature
Video reviews of the iRobot Roomba i7 7150
iRobot Roomba i7 7150 alternatives
Compare Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Compare the iRobot Roomba i7 7150 with other robot vacuums
- iRobot Roomba i7+ 7150 vs. iRobot Roomba 980 Comparison Chart
- iRobot Roomba i7 7150 vs. Roborock S50 (2nd Generation) Comparison Chart
- Comparing iRobot Roomba i7+ 7150 vs. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- Miele Scout RX2 vs. iRobot Roomba i7 7150 Comparison Chart
- iRobot Roomba e5 vs. iRobot Roomba i7+ 7150 Comparison
- iRobot Roomba i7+ 7150 vs. Shark ION R85 (RV850) Comparison
- Comparing iRobot Roomba i7+ 7150 vs. iRobot Roomba 960