The Newest Xiaomi Mijia 1S Robot Vacuum Released: What We Know About It So Far?
Today Xiaomi presented an upgraded version of their Xiaomi Mi Robot vacuum cleaner at the Mi Fans Festival in China; the new model called Xiaomi Mijia 1S Robot vacuum cleaner. Currently, there is not so much info about it, so we'll update the article when more information is revealed.
What is new in the Xiaomi Mijia 1S Robot Vacuum?
The Xiaomi MiJia 1S robot vacuum is equipped with 12 sensors that help the device to navigate better including the optical sensor for more precise orientation around.
Xiaomi upgraded the laser distance sensor (LDS) and navigation algorithms.
The Xiaomi Mi Robot uses the LDS laser only, the Xiaomi 1S also has an additional visual sensor to create an accurate map
Xiaomi has significantly improved the robot’s laser distance sensor (LDS) and, subsequently, its navigation algorithms. The new technology scans the surroundings faster making the robot getting to work faster. It creates a more accurate map and not the vacuum has more advanced navigation algorithm. The company claims, the 1S robot vacuum provides more efficient cleaning that is improved up to 13% compared to the first generation Xiaomi Mi Robot.
The Mi Robot uses the Cortex - A7 processor, when the newest model is equipped with the Cortex - A35 which consumes 10% lower power and provides 40% better performance than the Mi Robot.
The 4-core processor that is located inside boosts the newest model cleaning performance significantly, according to the company's forecast.
The Xiaomi MiJia 1S knows where your rooms are located
The new Xiaomi Mijia 1S robot vacuum is featured with the AI Image Recognition that allows the 1S recognizing rooms identifying the doors between these rooms. So far, we don't know how it will work, but this is definitely one of the most significant improvements the Xiaomi has made.
Schedule the Xiaomi 1S to work in a particular room at a specific time
The newest model can store multiple maps which makes it perfect for homes with more than one level
As far as we understand, the Xiaomi 1S can be scheduled to work within a particular room same like the latest iRobot's Roomba i7 does.
Now, the latest model has an increased suction power delivering 2,000 Pa compared to 1,800 Pa of the previous gen Xiaomi Mi Robot. This upgrade will help the robot to perform better on carpet, and it will work great at picking pet heir.
The Xiaomi 1S robot vacuum cleaner is equipped with a 5,200 mAh battery that lasts up to 150 minutes. Same as the Xiaomi Mi Robor, the 1S returns to recharge when its battery runs lower than 20%, juice up the battery up to 80% and resumes cleaning to get the job done.
Long battery life, recharge & resume, and multiple-maps saving make the newest Xiaomi 1S robot vacuum ideal for big homes with more than one level.
Also, the Xiaomi 1S supports Xiaomi AI speaker, so if you have it, you can control the robot vacuum with your voice.
What is the Xiaomi 1S robot vacuum best for?
- Big homes. 150 minutes of battery life and recharge & resume feature helps the robot to cover more cleaning area. Besides, the advanced mapping and navigation technology saves battery life making cleaning performance more efficient.
- Pet owners. With stronger suction, the Xiaomi 1S is able to get rid of pet hair.
- Carpeted surface. The powerful motor delivers 2,000 Pa of suction, and it is one of the most powerful robot vacuums on the market. Thanks to the suction, the Xiaomi 1S is capable of providing deeper cleaning on carpets.
- Homes with many rooms. The AI technology allows recognizing rooms which mean if you want the device to clean within 2 rooms only, you can set it in the map and let the robot work.
- If you own the Xiaomi AI speaker, this vacuum cleaner would be perfect since you can control it with your voice.
- Hardwood floor surface. Even though the Xiaomi lacks mopping, it does a superb job on bare flooring.
- Multiple-level houses. Thanks to the mapping storing feature, the Xiaomi 1S is perfect for these kinds of houses.
Where to buy
The Xiaomi Mijia 1S can be ordered on GeekBuying for $379.99.
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
- Is the Roborock T6 Better Than The Xiaomi MiJia 1S? Comparison Chart
- Xiaomi Mi Robot vs. Xiaomi MiJia 1S: Is the Xiaomi Mijia 1S robot vacuum cleaner worth buying?
- Roomba vs. Deebot: Which Robot Vacuum Will Suit Your Cleaning Needs?
- The HOBOT LEGEE-668: a Robot Vacuum That Actually Mops
- The Newest ILIFE A9S Released With an Improved Wet Mopping And Camera Based Intelligent Navigation