What Is The Best Robot Vacuum: iLife V7S vs Xiaomi Mi Robot vs Roomba 980 Comparison
Jul 11, 2017 3 min read
|Specs||ILIFE V7S||Xiaomi Mi Robot||Roomba 980|
|Battery||2600 mAh||5200 mAh||3000 mAh|
|Run Time||140 min||150 min||120 min|
|Charging Time||5-6 h||3-4 h||-|
|Suction power||600 Pa||1600-1800 Pa||1600-1700 Pa|
|Noise||57 db||62-68 db||66-70 db|
|Dirt Capacity||17 oz (500 ml) + 13.5 oz (450 ml water box)||14 oz (415 ml)||14 oz (415 ml)|
|Types of Floor||low and medium-pile carpets and all the bare floors||from low pile and medium pile carpets to hard floors||all including carpet, rugs, tile, hardwood, and laminate floors|
|Weight||6.5 lbs (2.9 kg)||8.4 lbs (3.8 kg)||8.7 lbs (3.9 kg)|
|Height||3.15 inches (13.39 cm)||3.8 inches (9.65cm)||3.6' inches (13.9 cm)|
|Sensors||4 *Cliff Sensors||equipped with 12 different sensors that help to clean your home efficient. No less than 12 sensors to navigate your home (it uses the laser distance sensor (LSD) that scans the room to map out the interior of your house, SLAM algorithms find the most effective way of cleaning etc.||5 * Cliff sensors|
|Asseccories||vacuum cleaner, charging dock + adapter, remote controller with two AA batteries, extra side brush, extra mop, cleaning brush, dust box, water tank box, 2 extra filtres||vacuum cleaner, charging dock + adapter, plastic brush good for untangling hair||dual mode virtual wall barrier + 2 batteries, charging cable, extra side brush, extra air filter|
|Smartphone App||no||Mi Home App||iRobot HOME App|
|Scheduled Cleaning Option||yes||yes||yes|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Buy on Amazon||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Xiaomi Mi Robot
The Xiaomi Mi Robot is an intelligent vacuum cleaner equipped with 12 different sensors that help to clean your home efficient. The robot comes with an impressive 5200 mAh lithium ion battery that provides longer cleaning if you compare it with similar models. Its navigation system is almost perfect. This laser distance sensor scans its surroundings 360 degrees, 1800 times per second, to map out the interiors of your house and then calculates the most efficient route for cleaning.
- nice design;
- reasonable price;
- Hepa filtration;
- good suction motor;
- intelligent planning system;
- long working time and fast recharge duration.
- not much accessories in the box;
- no wet mopping function.
UPDATE: Xiaomi introduced a new second generation of the robot — you can read more about it in our Xiaomi Robot Vacuum 1st vs 2nd generation comparison.
ILIFE V7S is a super mute sweeping robot vacuum with a possibility of wet mopping but with no virtual walls in the package that cost less than $300. Due to its suction power, the vacuum is less powerful than Xiaomi but either the noise is still lower than many other vacuum cleaners make.
- affordable price;
- minimalist design. Easy to use;
- it is super mute compared to other robot vacuum cleaners;
- the significant capacity of dirt bin and water tank means a larger cleaning radius;
- iLIFE V7S comes with two big boxes: dust and water so you can use it on a bare floor the same as on a floor with a carpet;
- it is still shorter than Roomba 980.
- less powerful than Xiaomi Mi Robot and Roomba 980;
- the navigation system is not perfect. The robot just runs around the house until the battery dies;
- in a house with a lot of furniture could be a bit hard for iLIFE to avoid all the stuff. Once in a while it will get stuck, so you need to figure out how to keep the cleaning area less cluttered;
- there is no smartphone app but it does have a remote controller.
iRobot Roomba 980
iRobot Roomba 980 is the first flagship robot vacuum that comes with a beautifully designed smartphone app and an extra power mode that works better on floors with a carpet.
- you can control your vacuum with iRobot HOME App;
- mapping function. With iRobot Home app you can keep track of where its already been;
- it comes with the dual mode virtual wall barrier that looks very nice. The primary function is to build particular space where iRobot have to clean;
- the navigation system is better than is was on the previous version of Roomba. Now it moves more organizing and avoids bumping into things as it used to be.
- for someone it could be a bit expensive depends on what you really expect from your home assistant;
- carpet boost is a bit loud;
- if you have a lot of furniture in your room it could be a challenge for Roomba to not bumps into it (Xiaomi Navigation system is better in this case);
- doesn't work in complete darkness but you can leave the light on in the room if you need to.
Unfortunately, there is no Roomba 980 vs Xiaomi Mi Robot vs ILIFE V7S comparisons, but you can watch the videos with two of them. Watch cleaning and navigation test on the bare floor.
Have you watched the previous video? This one is about Roomba and Xiaomi war. Check it out and decide what is the best robot vacuum cleaner after all:
UPDATE: Don't miss the new Xiaomi Roborock vs. Roomba 980 comparison.
Both vacuums Xiaomi Mi Robot and ILIFE V7S is on sale for less than $350 while Roomba 980 costs about $800. ILIFE and Xiaomi has its pros and cons. Chuwi comes equipped with a microfiber mop and water box for mopping. That means if you mostly have the bare floor and want to get the budget cleaner - ILIFE is for you. Pet owners most likely want to spend extra money for iRobot Roomba 980 for extra cleaning power. Otherwise, Xiaomi Mi Robot is an excellent choice for those who are not looking to spend more than $350 to get a great robot vacuum.
Get $100 off for a powerful robot vacuum Xiaomi Roborock with the coupon code GB100-$20off-
WHERE TO BUY
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Robot Vacuums With Mapping And Path Planning: Model Comparison Chart
- ECOVACS CEN540-LG vs DG801 vs DE33 Comparison
- Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners That Are Compatible With Amazon Alexa And Google Assistant
- What Is The Difference: Xiaowa Lite vs Xiaowa Route Planning Version
- The Best Robot Mops To Buy In 2018
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us to fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Array ( [thread] => resource-11 [name] => [email] => )