What is the Best Robot Vacuum: the ILIFE V7S Pro vs. Xiaomi Mi Robot vs. Roomba 980: Comparison
Jul 11, 2017 4 min read
Fairy to notice that all the three robot cleaners are different-level machines. The Roomba 980 is a high-end device with a price tag of around $900, and the Xiaomi Mi Robot is one of the budget cleaners with mapping. The ILIFE V7S is a cheap device that is quiet and comes with mopping.
|Specs||ILIFE V7S||Xiaomi Mi Robot||Roomba 980|
|Battery||2600 mAh||5200 mAh||3000 mAh|
|Run Time||140 min||150 min||120 min|
|Charging Time||5-6 h||3-4 h||-|
|Suction power||600 Pa||1,800 Pa||1,700 Pa|
|Noise||57 db||62-68 db||66-70 db|
|Dirt Capacity||17 oz (500 ml) + 13.5 oz (450 ml water box)||14 oz (415 ml)||20 oz (600 ml)|
|Types of Floor||low-pile carpets and all types of bare floors||from low pile and medium pile carpets to hard floors||all including carpet, rugs, tile, hardwood, and laminate floors|
|Weight||6.5 lbs (2.9 kg)||8.4 lbs (3.8 kg)||8.7 lbs (3.9 kg)|
|Height||3.15 inches (13.39 cm)||3.8 inches (9.65 cm)||3.6' inches (13.9 cm)|
|Asseccories||vacuum cleaner, charging dock + adapter, remote controller with two AA batteries, extra side brush, extra mop, cleaning brush, dust box, water tank box, 2 extra filtres||vacuum cleaner, charging dock + adapter, plastic brush good for untangling hair||dual mode virtual wall barrier + 2 batteries, charging cable, extra side brush, extra air filter|
|Smartphone App||no||Mi Home App||iRobot HOME App|
|Scheduled Cleaning Option||yes||yes||yes|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Buy on Amazon||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
The Xiaomi Mi Robot
The Xiaomi Mi Robot is an intelligent vacuum cleaner equipped with 12 different sensors that help to clean your home efficiently. The robot comes with an impressive 5200 mAh lithium-ion battery that lasts longer than almost any robot on the market. Its navigation system is accurate, thanks to the LDS laser, the robot can work in the dark. This laser distance sensor scans its surroundings for 360 degrees, 1800 times per second, to map out the interiors of your house and then calculate the most efficient cleaning route. With an impressive 150 minutes of cleaning (only the Roborock S5 and the Roborock Xiaowa E35 can go this long), the Xiaomi Mi Robot can clean bare floors and thin/medium carpets from pet hair, dust, dirt, and debris. After the cleaner's battery runs out of energy, the Mi Robot returns to its charging base, recharges up to 80%, and resumes its cleaning from the point it left off.
- Nice design
- Reasonable price considering its features
- Hepa filtration
- Strong suction power
- Intelligent planning system
- Long working time
- Not many accessories in the box
- No wet mopping function
Robot vacuums mentioned in the article:
The ILIFE V7S Pro
The ILIFE V7S Pro is a super mute sweeping robot vacuum with a possibility of wet mopping that cost less than $300. The robot vacuum is less powerful than the Xiaomi producing less noise than most of the robot vacuum cleaners on the market. The robot is designed for bare floors. It does clean thin carpets, but it mostly sweeps more than sucks. Nevertheless, it runs an impressive 140 minutes. The robot is ideal for small homes with mostly bare floors.
- Affordable price
- Minimalist design
- Easy to use
- Super mute compared to other robot vacuum cleaners
- Significant capacity of dirt bin and water tank means a larger cleaning radius
- The ILIFE V7S Pro comes with two big boxes: dust and water so you can use it on a bare floor as on a floor with a carpet
- It is still shorter than the Roomba 980
- Less powerful than the Xiaomi Mi Robot and the Roomba 980
- A house with a lot of furniture could be a bit hard for the iLIFE to avoid all the stuff. Once in a while it will get stuck, so you need to figure out how to keep the cleaning area less cluttered.
- No smartphone app but it does have a remote controller.
The iRobot Roomba 980
The iRobot Roomba 980 is the first flagship robot vacuum that comes with silicone tangle-free rollers and an extra power called Carpet Boost that provides better cleaning on carpeted floors. Also, the Roomba 980 is integrated with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. The double silicone rollers work together to catch pet and long human hair without getting tangled. Its strong suction power performs great on bare floors and thin and medium-pile carpets. The carpet boost turns on the maximum power when the sensors recognize a carpet. The mapping technology is based on a camera sensor that scans an interior and builds the most efficient cleaning path. Dirt detection finds the high-traffic areas, providing more deep cleaning. Also, the unit has a full dustbin indicator, so you always know when the dustbin needs to be emptied. The Recharge & Resume feature allows the robot to finish the job even if its battery needs to recharge.
- You can control your vacuum with iRobot HOME App and voice commands
- Mapping function: with iRobot Home app you can keep track of where it’s already been
- It comes with the dual mode virtual wall barrier that looks very nice. The primary function is to build a particular space where the iRobot has to clean.
- The navigation system is better than on the previous versions of Roomba. Now it moves more, organizing and avoiding bumping into things like it used to
- Carpet Boost provides deep cleaning
- Silicone rollers are ideal for pet owners
- A bit expensive depending on what you expect from your home assistant
- Carpet boost is a bit loud
- If you have a lot of furniture in your room, it could be a challenge for the Roomba not to bump into it (the Xiaomi Navigation system is a bit better in this case)
- Doesn't work in complete darkness, but you can leave the light on in the room if you want
Unfortunately, there are no Roomba 980 vs. Xiaomi Mi Robot vs. ILIFE V7S comparisons, but you can watch the videos with two of them.
Have you watched the previous video? This one is about a Roomba and Xiaomi war. Check it out and decide which is the best robot vacuum cleaner after all.
UPDATE: Don't miss the new Roborock S5 vs. Roomba 980 comparison.
The ILIFE V7S comes equipped with a microfiber mop and a water box for mopping. If you mostly have a bare floor and want to get a budget cleaner, the ILIFE V7S is for you.
Pet owners most likely will want to spend extra money for the iRobot Roomba 980 for its extra cleaning power. Also, the Roomba is suitable for homes with covered with carpets and is compatible with Amazon Alexa/Google Home.
Otherwise, the Xiaomi Mi Robot is an excellent choice for those not looking to spend more than $350 to get a great robot vacuum for a home all about bare floors or thin carpets/rugs. It is ideal for medium and bigger sized-homes.