What is the Best Robot Vacuum: the iLife V7S Pro vs the Xiaomi Mi Robot vs Roomba 980: Comparison
Jul 11, 2017 4 min read
|Specs||ILIFE V7S||Xiaomi Mi Robot||Roomba 980|
|Battery||2600 mAh||5200 mAh||3000 mAh|
|Run Time||140 min||150 min||120 min|
|Charging Time||5-6 h||3-4 h||-|
|Suction power||600 Pa||1600-1800 Pa||1600-1700 Pa|
|Noise||57 db||62-68 db||66-70 db|
|Dirt Capacity||17 oz (500 ml) + 13.5 oz (450 ml water box)||14 oz (415 ml)||14 oz (415 ml)|
|Types of Floor||low and medium-pile carpets and all the bare floors||from low pile and medium pile carpets to hard floors||all including carpet, rugs, tile, hardwood, and laminate floors|
|Weight||6.5 lbs (2.9 kg)||8.4 lbs (3.8 kg)||8.7 lbs (3.9 kg)|
|Height||3.15 inches (13.39 cm)||3.8 inches (9.65cm)||3.6' inches (13.9 cm)|
|Sensors||4 *Cliff Sensors||equipped with 12 different sensors that help to clean your home efficient. No less than 12 sensors to navigate your home (it uses the laser distance sensor (LSD) that scans the room to map out the interior of your house, SLAM algorithms find the most effective way of cleaning etc.||5 * Cliff sensors|
|Asseccories||vacuum cleaner, charging dock + adapter, remote controller with two AA batteries, extra side brush, extra mop, cleaning brush, dust box, water tank box, 2 extra filtres||vacuum cleaner, charging dock + adapter, plastic brush good for untangling hair||dual mode virtual wall barrier + 2 batteries, charging cable, extra side brush, extra air filter|
|Smartphone App||no||Mi Home App||iRobot HOME App|
|Scheduled Cleaning Option||yes||yes||yes|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Buy on Amazon||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
The Xiaomi Mi Robot
The Xiaomi Mi Robot is an intelligent vacuum cleaner equipped with 12 different sensors that help to clean your home efficiently. The robot comes with an impressive 5200 mAh lithium ion battery that provides longer cleaning as compared to similar models. Its navigation system is almost perfect. This laser distance sensor scans its surroundings for 360 degrees, 1800 times per second, to map out the interiors of your house and then calculate the most efficient cleaning route. The laser-based technology allows the robot to work in the dark. With an impressive 150 minutes of cleaning (only the Xiaomi Roborock can go this long), the Xiaomi Mi Robot can clean bare floors and thin carpets from pet hair, dust, dirt, and debris. After the cleaner's battery runs out of energy, the Mi Robot returns to its charging base, recharges up to 80%, and resumes its cleaning from the point it left off.
- Nice design
- Reasonable price
- Hepa filtration
- Strong suction power
- Intelligent planning system
- Long working time
- Not many accessories in the box
- No wet mopping function
UPDATE: Xiaomi introduced a new second generation of the robot — you can read more about it in our Xiaomi Robot Vacuum 1st vs 2nd generation comparison.
The ILIFE V7S Pro
The ILIFE V7S Pro is a super mute sweeping robot vacuum with the possibility of wet mopping, but with no virtual walls in the package that cost less than $300. Due to its suction power, the vacuum is less powerful than the Xiaomi but the noise is still lower than many other vacuum cleaners make. The robot is designed mostly for cleaning bare floors. It does clean thin carpets, but it mostly sweeps more than sucks. Nevertheless, it runs an impressive 140 minutes. The robot is ideal for small homes with mostly bare floors.
- Affordable price
- Minimalist design
- Easy to use
- Super mute compared to other robot vacuum cleaners
- Significant capacity of dirt bin and water tank means a larger cleaning radius
- The ILIFE V7S Pro comes with two big boxes: dust and water so you can use it on a bare floor as on a floor with a carpet
- It is still shorter than the Roomba 980
- Less powerful than the Xiaomi Mi Robot and the Roomba 980 navigation system is not perfect.
- The robot just runs around the house until the battery dies.
- A house with a lot of furniture could be a bit hard for the iLIFE to avoid all the stuff. Once in a while it will get stuck, so you need to figure out how to keep the cleaning area less cluttered.
- No smartphone app but it does have a remote controller.
The iRobot Roomba 980
The iRobot Roomba 980 is the first flagship robot vacuum that comes with a beautifully-designed smartphone app and an extra power mode that works better on floors with a carpet. Also, the Roomba 980 is integrated with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. It has double silicone rollers that work together to catch pet and long human hair without getting tangled. Its strong suction power performs great on bare floors, and thin and medium-pile carpets. The robot also has carpet boost that turns on the maximum power when the sensors recognize the machine is on carpeting. The mapping technology is based on a camera sensor that scans an interior and builds the most efficient cleaning path. Dirt detection finds the high-traffic areas, providing more thoughtful cleaning. Also, the unit has a full dustbin indicator so you always know when the dustbin needs to be emptied. The Recharge & Resume feature allows the robot to finish the job even if its battery needs to recharge.
- You can control your vacuum with iRobot HOME App and voice commands
- Mapping function--with iRobot Home app you can keep track of where it’s already been
- It comes with the dual mode virtual wall barrier that looks very nice. The primary function is to build a particular space where the iRobot has to clean.
- The navigation system is better than on the previous versions of Roomba. Now it moves more, organizing and avoiding bumping into things like it used to.
- A bit expensive depending on what you expect from your home assistant
- Carpet boost is a bit loud
- If you have a lot of furniture in your room, it could be a challenge for the Roomba not to bump into it (the Xiaomi Navigation system is better in this case)
- Doesn't work in complete darkness, but you can leave the light on in the room if you want
Unfortunately, there are no Roomba 980 vs Xiaomi Mi Robot vs ILIFE V7S comparisons, but you can watch the videos with two of them showing a cleaning and navigation test on the bare floor.
Have you watched the previous video? This one is about a Roomba and Xiaomi war. Check it out and decide which is the best robot vacuum cleaner after all.
UPDATE: Don't miss the new Xiaomi Roborock vs. Roomba 980 comparison.
The ILIFE comes equipped with a microfiber mop and water box for mopping. This means if you mostly have a bare floor and want to get the budget cleaner, the ILIFE is for you.
Pet owners most likely will want to spend extra money for the iRobot Roomba 980 for its extra cleaning power. Also, the Roomba is more suitable for medium-pile carpets.
Otherwise, the Xiaomi Mi Robot is an excellent choice for those not looking to spend more than $350 to get a great robot vacuum for a home all about bare floors or thin carpets/rugs.
WHERE TO BUY
Share with friends:
- ECOVACS Deebot R95 vs Neato Botvac Connected Comparison Guide
- Proscenic 790T vs Roomba 690 Comparison: The Best Rated Robot Vacuums on Amazon
- Xiaomi Xiaowa Review: an Affordable Robot Vacuum With Strong Suction
- What Is a Robot Vacuum Cleaner & Why You Should Buy It?
- Shark Ion 750 vs Roomba 690
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!