What is the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet
Dec 21, 2017 3 min read
Table of Contents (Jump to)
There are so many robot vacuums on the market, but what is the best one for carpet cleaning? Not all robot vacuums are designed for carpets. For instance, if you have a carpet in your house, don't even think about buying a robot vacuum that specializes in hardwood floors. You should choose the right robot cleaner with good clearance and a powerful motor with great suction. Not every robot vacuum is good for this. Which features of a robot vacuum are therefore important for cleaning carpet? Let's figure it out:
- Powerful suction. It should be good enough to pick up all the dirt under the strands of the carpet.
- High clearance and bigger wheels. Most of robots are not designed for thick carpets, and they can easy get stuck on the border.
- Larger dust bin. Carpets collect a large amount of dust, dirt, and pet hair, so dirt bin capacity should be great enough to collect it all, especially if you have a lot of rooms.
We can recommend a few models on the market that meet these requirements.
Comparison of robot vacuums for carpet and rug cleaning
|Specs||Roomba 980||Xiaomi Roborock||ILife A6||Neato D85|
|Battery Life||90 min||150 min||160 min||60 min|
|Dirt capacity||600 ml||500 ml||300 ml||700 ml|
|Filtration system||HEPA filter||HEPA filter||HEPA filter||High Performance filter|
|Noise level||70 db||60 db||65 db||64 db|
|Full Bin Indicator||yes||yes||no||no|
|Returns to Dock||yes||yes||yes||yes|
The Xiaomi MiJia Roborock 2
The MiJia Roborock is a new and improved version of the Mi Robot first generation with a more powerful suction motor, which means it can suck more dust from carpets. Even if you have a thick carpet, this robovac can easily handle it because of the increased clearance. You can find more details in our latest comparison of first vs. second generation Xiaomi robots.
- Most powerful robot on the market: suction power of 2000Pa
- Good noise suppression makes this robot quieter
- Can overcome cover and obstacles up to 0.78 inches (2cm) in height
- Washable filters
- It can sweep and mop simultaneously
- Capacious battery of 5200mAh ensures 2.5 hours of running time
- No display on the robot
- No extra filters and brushes in the package
Check It Out on GearBest for $539
Rose-gold Roborock on Gearbest $539 with coupon: NEWXMVM
Check It Out on Amazon for $579
The iRobot Roomba 980
Roomba is the most popular and famous brand of robot vacuums on the US market. We chose the iRobot Roomba 980 model because it has improved features and is adapted to work better with rugs and carpets. If you have a problem with pet hair stuck in rugs, the Roomba can help solve it. The main cons of this model: it is expensive, but you can choose a budget model. To see the difference between Roomba's robots, take a look at our Roomba comparison chart.
- Handles pet hair with ease
- Automatically increases suction power on carpets
- High-efficiency filter
- Works with Alexa
- Too expensive
Check It Out on Amazon for $899
The Neato BotVac D85
The Neato Botvac is a very good robot vacuum for carpet cleaning. Unlike most robot vacuums, it has a cornered body and is perfectly suited for cleaning rugs in the corners. It performs great on thin and medium carpets/rugs, catching pet hair on its way. It is amazing on a bare floor. With a laser-based mapping feature, the Neato maps out an interior and cleans the whole floor never missing a single spot. Also, this technology allows the bot to work in the dark.
- Comes with brushes for hair
- Large dustbin: 700ml
- Better for cleaning corners unlike round robots
- Works poorly on dark floors or rugs (sensor issue)
- Running time only 1.5 hours
Check It Out on Amazon for $368
The ILIFE A6
If you are not willing to spend money for expensive models like the Roomba or the Xiaomi, but still want a good features, the iLife is your choice. Despite its low price, this robot vacuum beats the competitors in many ways. It has a perfect design and good functionality. There is one big main con if you compare it with the Xiaomi Roborock or the iRobot 890: it comes without an intelligent planning system, so it can't scan your room and build optimal routes. This means that it needs more time to clean your space. Because it has big wheels and increased clearance, it is good for cleaning carpets. We recommend checking out the ILIFE A4S vs A6 comparison.
- It adapts to the type of floor (auto increase/decrease clearance) and can adjust its head to prevent getting cornered
- Large wheels work perfectly on rough floor
- Ultra slim body — just 3.14 inches (8cm), so it can perfectly clean areas under furniture
- Low price
- Dust box capacity is only 300ml
- No intelligent path planning
Check It Out on GearBest for $219
Check It Out on Amazon for $249
A few models of robot vacuums are good for carpet cleaning. If you are not limited in budget and want a high-quality product from a well-known brand, we suggest the Roomba; it has all features that you need. On the other hand, the Xiaomi is the best value-for- the-money robot vacuum. The Xiaomi Roborock is the newest model with the same features as the Roomba but for less money. The most budget choice is the ILIFE A6. Even for this small price you get a well-designed and full-featured robovac for cleaning rugs and carpets.
WHERE TO BUY
Share with friends:
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- ECOVACS Deebot M80 Pro vs. ILIFE A6 Comparison Chart
- Compare ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 vs. Roomba 980
- Comparing 360 S6 Robot Vacuum vs. Xiaomi Roborock 2
- 360 S6 vs. Roomba 980 Comparison Chart
- Compare Proscenic 790T vs. Xiaomi 2nd Gen Roborock
- TOP 5 Best Robot Vacuums with Intelligent Mapping Technology
- Which Roomba is Worth Buying in 2018: Model Comparison Chart
- Meet the Newest 360 S6 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: Is it a New Roomba Killer?
- The Difference Between ECOVACS and Roomba: Which Robot Vacuum Cleaner Should You Buy?
- ECOVACS Deebot R95 vs Neato Botvac Connected Comparison Guide
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!