What is the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet
Table of Contents (Jump to)
There are so many robot vacuums in the market, but what is the best one for carpet cleaning? Not all robot vacuums are designed for carpets. For instance, if you have a carpet in you house, don't even think about buying a robot vacuum that specializes in hardwood floors. You should choose the right robot cleaner with good clearance and a powerful motor with better suction. Not every robot vacuum would be good for it. Which features of robot vacuum are important for cleaning carpet? Let's figure it out:
- Powerful suction. It should be good enough to pick up all the dirt under strands of the carpet.
- High clearance and bigger wheels. Most of robots are not designed for thick carpets and they can easy get stuck on the border of the carpet.
- Larger dust bin. Carpets collect a large amount of dust, dirt, and pet hair so dirt bin capacity should be big enough to collect it all especially if you have a lot of rooms.
There are a few models on the market that meet these requirements and we can recommend them to you.
Xiaomi MiJia Roborock 2
MiJia Roborock is a new improved version of Mi Robot first generation. It has a more powerful suction motor which means it can suck more dust from the carpets. Even if you have a thick carpet, this robovac can easily handle it because of the increased clearance. You can find more details in our latest comparison of first vs. second generation Xiaomi robot.
- Most powerful robot on the market: suction power of 2000Pa
- Good noise suppression makes this robot quieter
- Can overcome cover and obstacles up to 0.78 inches (2cm) in height
- Washable filters
- It can sweep and mop simultaneously
- Capacious battery of 5200mAh which ensures 2.5 hours of running time
- There is no display on the robot
- No extra filters and brushes in the package
iRobot Roomba 980
Roomba is the most popular and famous brand of robot vacuums on the US market. We choose iRobot 980 model because it has improved features and adapted to work better with rugs and carpets. If you have a problem with pet's hair stuck in the rugs, Roomba can help you to solve it. The main cons of this model - it is expensive, but you can choose a more budget model. To find the difference between Roomba's robots take a look at our Roobma comparison chart.
- Handle pet hair with ease
- Automatically increases suction power on carpets
- High-Efficiency filter
- Works with Alexa
- Too expensive
Check It Out on Amazon for $899
Neato BotVac D80
Neato BotVac also is a very good robot vacuum for carpet cleaning. Unlike most of the robot vacuums, it has the cornered body and perfectly suited for cleaning rugs in corners.
- Comes with brushes for hair
- Large dust bin: 700ml
- Better for cleaning corners, unlike round robots
- Works bad on dark floors or rugs (sensors issue)
- Running time is only 1.5 hours
Check It Out on Amazon for $368
If you are not willing to spend money for some expensive models like Roomba or Xiaomi but still want a good features - iLife is your choice. Despite its low price, this robot vacuum can beat the competitors in many aspects. It has the perfect design and good functionality. There are one big main cons if you compare it with Xiaomi Roborock or iRobot 890 - it comes without intelligent planning system, so it can't scan your room and build optimal routes, that means that it needs more time to clean your apartment. It has big wheels and increased clearance so it is also good for cleaning carpets. We also recommend to check iLIFE A4S vs A6 comparison.
- It adapts to the type of floor (auto increase/decrease clearance), can adjust its head to prevent getting cornered
- It has the large wheels that work perfectly on the rough floor
- Ultra slim body — just 3.14 inches (8cm), so it can perfectly clean the areas under furniture
- Low price
- Dust box capacity only 300ml
- No intelligent path planning
Comparison of robot vacuums for carpet and rugs cleaning
|Specs||Roomba 980||Xiaomi Roborock||iLife A6||Neato D80|
|Battery Life||90 min||150 min||160 min||90 min|
|Dirt capacity||600 ml||500 ml||300 ml||700 ml|
|Filtration system||HEPA filter||HEPA filter||HEPA filter||-|
|Noise level||70 db||60 db||65 db||-|
|Full Bin Indicator||yes||yes||no||no|
|Returns to Dock||yes||yes||yes||yes|
We have a few models of robot vacuums that are good for carpet cleaning. If you are not limited in budget and want a high-quality product from the well-known brand, we would suggest you buy Roomba, it has all features that you need. On the other hand, Xiaomi is the best value for money robot vacuum. And Xiaomi Roborock is the newest model and has the same features as Roomba, but for less money. The most budget choice is iLife A6, even for this small price you will get well-designed and full-featured robovac for cleaning your rugs and carpets.
WHERE TO BUY
Share with friends:
- Roomba Comparison Chart 2018
- Xiaowa Lite Robot Vacuum Cleaner The Powerful Robovac From Xiaomi For Under $200
- ILIFE A8 vs Xiaomi Mi Robot comparison: which one is better?
- iLIFE V8S The Smart Flagship Robot Vacuum For Under $250
- Is The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Best Cheap Home Assistant To Buy In 2018?
TOP-10 Robot vacuums
16 december 2017, 03:46
11 august 2017, 03:25
10 october 2017, 07:31
26 february 2018, 06:55
05 march 2018, 03:29
06 july 2017, 03:57