What is the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet
Dec 21, 2017 4 min read
Table of Contents (Jump to)
There are so many robot vacuums on the market, but what is the best one for carpet cleaning? Not all robot vacuums are designed for carpets. For instance, if you have a carpet in your house, don't even think about buying a robot vacuum that specializes in hardwood floors. You should choose the right robot cleaner with good clearance and a powerful motor with great suction. Not every robot vacuum is good for this. Which features of a robot vacuum are therefore important for cleaning carpet? Let's figure it out:
- Powerful suction. It should be good enough to pick up all the dirt under the strands of the carpet.
- High clearance and bigger wheels. Most of robots are not designed for thick carpets, and they can easy get stuck on the border.
- Larger dust bin. Carpets collect a large amount of dust, dirt, and pet hair, so dirt bin capacity should be great enough to collect it all, especially if you have a lot of rooms.
We can recommend a few models on the market that meet these requirements.
Comparison of robot vacuums for carpet and rug cleaning
|Specs||Roomba 980||Xiaomi Roborock||360 S6||Neato D85|
|Suction power||1,700 Pa||2,000 Pa||1,800 Pa||N/A|
|Battery Life||120 min||150 min||120 min||60 min|
|Dirt capacity||600 ml||500 ml||400 ml||700 ml|
|Filtration system||HEPA filter||Washable HEPA filter||Washable HEPA filter||High Performance filter|
|Noise level||70 db||60 db||55 db||64 db|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home intgration||yes||yes||no||no|
|Full Bin Indicator||yes||yes||no||no|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes||yes||yes|
Roomba is the most popular and famous brand of robot vacuums on the US market. We chose the Roomba 980 model because it has the Carpet Boost that is adapted to work better with rugs and carpets switching suction to its maximum level. If you have a problem with pet hair stuck in rugs, the Roomba can help solve it. It comes with silicone rollers that prevents hair tangling making it ideal for pet owners.
In the box you will find a dual virtual wall barrier that block the Roomba from crossing some areas.
To see the difference between Roomba's robots, take a look at our Roomba comparison chart.
- Handles pet hair with ease because of its tangle-free rollers
- Automatically increases suction power on carpets
- High-efficiency filter
- Works with Alexa
- Too expensive
Check It Out on Amazon for $899
The MiJia Roborock is a new improved version of the Mi Robot first generation with a more powerful suction motor, which means it can suck more dust from carpets. Even if you have a thick carpet, this robovac can easily handle it because of the increased clearance. It is able to mop and sweep at the same time.
In the app you can see a map created by the robot, cleaning history, where the Roborock has been. You can send the robot to a specific point just by tapping on the place in the map. The Mi Home allows to set virtual walls by drawing it on your smartphone.
You can find more details in our latest comparison of first vs. second generation Xiaomi robots.
- Most powerful robot on the market: suction power of 2000Pa
- Good noise suppression makes this robot quieter
- Can overcome cover and obstacles up to 0.78 inches (2cm) in height
- Washable filters
- It can sweep and mop simultaneously
- Capacious battery of 5200mAh ensures 2.5 hours of running time
- No display on the robot
- No extra filters and brushes in the package
Check It Out on GearBest for $389
Black Roborock on Gearbest for $399
Check It Out on Amazon for $569
The 360 S6 is a budget yet one of the smartest devices on the market. Despite its low price, this robot vacuum beats the competitors in many ways. It has a minimalist design and strong suction. It is equipped with a LIDAR that scans out the room to create a map and build a cleaning path on its own. The robot comes with Carpet Boost option that provides deep carpet cleaning on its own. Along with that, the 360 S6 can mop for about 60 minutes. When its battery runs out, the robot docks itself to recharge and gets back to work from the point it left off.
- Carpet Boost provides deep cleaning
- Large wheels allows the robot to cross an obstacle up to 15 mm height
- It creates a map and never miss a spot when cleaning
- Thanks to the mapping, the robot cleans faster
- Affordable price
- 2-in-1 functionallity
- No integration with smart voice assistants
Check It Out on GearBest for $330
The Neato Botvac D85 is a very good robot vacuum for carpet cleaning. Unlike most robot vacuums, it has a cornered body and is perfectly suited for cleaning rugs in the corners. It performs great on thin and medium carpets/rugs, catching pet hair on its way. It performs amazing on a bare floor. With a laser-based mapping technology, the Neato maps out an interior and cleans the whole floor never missing a single spot. This technology allows the bot to work in the dark.
- Comes with brushes for hair
- Large dustbin: 700ml
- Better for cleaning corners unlike round robots
- No app support
- Short runtime
Check It Out on Amazon for $368
A few models of robot vacuums are good for carpet cleaning.
If you are not limited in budget and want a high-quality product from a well-known brand, we suggest the Roomba; it has all features that you need.
On the other hand, the Xiaomi and 360 S6 are the best value-for- the-money robot vacuum cleaners. The Xiaomi Roborock is the newest model with the same features as the Roomba but for less money. The most budget yet smart choice is the 360 S6. Even for its price you get a well-designed and full-featured robovac for cleaning rugs and carpets.
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
WHERE TO BUY
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Comparing Xiaomi Xiaowa E35 (C352) vs. iRobot Roomba 980
- Comparing iRobot Roomba 980 vs. iRobot Roomba 895
- Compare iRobot Roomba 690 vs. 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Compare Eufy RoboVac 11 vs. iRobot Roomba 980
- iRobot Roomba 895 vs. Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd Generation) Comparison Chart
- The Xiaomi Roborock S55 Review: an Intelligent and Powerful Robot Vacuum Cleaner You Always Wished To Have
- Is the 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Better Than the Roomba 980? Model Comparison Chart
- The XShuai HXS - C3: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Camera, Smart Navigation, and Alexa Support
- The Xiaomi VIOMI VXRS01: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Mapping and App control
- 5 Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners With Mapping