Samsung POWERbot Alternatives
We previously talked about a Samsung POWERbot and what issues the consumers are facing with it. Today we are going to talk about the best alternatives to consider buying instead of a POWERbot.
Budget Samsung POWERbot alternatives
What are the best alternatives to first generations of Samsung robot vacuum cleaners such as: the POWERbot R7010, R7040, R7065, R7070 Pet, and the R7090.
|Botvac D4 Connected||Roomba 690||Roborock Xiaowa||Xiaomi Mi Robot|
|Battery life (min)||75||90||90||150|
|Suction power (Pa)||N/A||600||1,800||1,800|
|Dustbin capacity (ml)||700||600||640||420|
|Virtual walls||magnetic tape + digital||physical barrier||-||-|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home support||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Climbing ability||0.75 in / 19 mm||0.63 in / 16 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.59 in / 15 mm|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||no||yes||yes|
|Height||3.90 in / 9.9 cm||3.66 in / 9.3 cm||3.54 in / 9 cm||3.78 in / 9.6 cm|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Neato produces decent robots that have a D-shape that supposed to help them clean corners and edges better. Almost all Neato robots are equipped with a side brush (Samsung robots don't have any) that sweeps dust and dirt from corners transferring it to the main brush. Started from the D3 Connected, all the models can create No-Go Lines (digital walls built inside the Neato app). You can create as many of these as you'd like to prevent your robot from crossing particular areas. Neato has a battery that lasts much longer than almost any of a POWERbot robot. It also has a wide brush similar to the one Samsung cleaners have. The Neato units as powerful as Samsung vacuums are. They perform great on carpeted flooring (except thick carpets), and the cleaning brush was designed to pick up pet hair on multi-flooring surfaces. Consider Neato as an alternative to a Samsung robot, since it is a decent machine with a stable app and an accurate house mapping with superb navigation.
- Battery life. The Botvac robots last twice longer than the POWERbots
- Aside of a magnetic stripe, the app allows creating digital No-Go Lines to prevent the robot from crossing certain areas
- D5 has a side brush that catches dust from corners
- In the Neato app, you can interact with a map by creating digital walls
- Laser navigation is accurate, doesn't need a light to be on in a cleaning room
- The robot doesn't bump into things because it creates a detailed plan
- Thanks to the laser the Neato robot can clean dark carpets
- The Neato app is more stable
- You can manually control the robot via the app
- Although when the Neato is working it makes noises, it is still quieter than a POWERbot
Roomba is a well-known brand same as Samsung. The oldest models might not be as powerful as POWERbot robots though they don't have any software issues. The iHOME is basic, yet it is stable and maybe one of the most simple apps when it comes to installation. All the Roomba models are equipped with a Dirt Detect - a bunch of sensors that automatically identify high-traffic areas and provide deep cleaning on those spots. The 800s and 900s line have full bin indicator that alerts when the container is full. Apart from that, the robots started from 800s lines are equipped with brushless rollers. These brushes are amazing when it comes to picking up pet hair. They are effortless to maintain. All the Roomba robot vacuum cleaners are compatible with Amazon Alexa enabled devices and Google Home.
- Battery life. Both Roombas last about 90 minutes
- Have a physical virtual wall in the box
- The iHome app doesn't have any issues with connection
- Dirt detect identifies high-traffic zones and cleans these spots
- Work quieter than the POWERbot
It is one of a few robot cleaners that is budget and has strong suction power that provides deep cleaning on thin and medium-pile carpets. It is equipped with a gyroscope that helps to create a map of a cleaning area. It is not as detailed as the ones generated by a laser. The robot navigates in straight lines following the created plan. The Roborock Xiaowa can mop and sweep, equipped with a large dustbin (twice larger than most of the Samsung robots have). It also lasts much longer than all the POWERbots do. The robot will automatically return to the dock charger to be charged to 80% and then go back to resume the cleaning cycle from where left off. With a Carpet Boost, the Xiaowa provides excellent cleaning performance on bare floors as well as on carpeted flooring (except thick ones).
If you are tight on a budget, there is a cheaper first generation Xiaowa Lite that costs about $200, doesn't have mopping, not equipped with a gyroscope, but still offers great cleaning performance.
- With a cost of about $300, the Xiaowa offers decent performance on a carpet
- Its brush seems to be easier to clean from hair
- The app is more stable
- In the app you can see when the accessories need to be replaced
- It works quieter than any POWERbot
- The robot can mop and sweep
- The Roborock Xiaowa comes equipped with a twice bigger dustbin than POWERbots have
- The cleaner has a longer battery life than Samsung robots do
- You can manually control the Xiaowa robot via the app
- You can watch the cleaner working in real-time in the app
- The Roborock Xiaowa is not as tall as Samsung robots, it fits under most of the furniture
- Works quieter than a POWERbot
Xiaomi Mi Robot
The Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner also known as Mi Robot is a budget robot vacuum that has a long-lasting battery and is equipped with a laser that located inside the tower on the top. The laser scans a cleaning area creating a plan of your home. After that, the cleaner navigates in straight lines following the plan it has created. Thus the machine covers all parts of your home. When it finishes the robot docks itself to recharge, juice its battery to 80% and resumes cleaning.
- The Xiaomi robot is better at navigation (laser works accurately)
- It has three times longer runtime
- You can track it in real-time with the Mi Home app
- The detailed map causes less bumping into obstacles
- On Gearbest the Xiaomi Mi Robot costs less than most of the budget POWERbots
- The Mi Home app is more stable and offers more features
- Works quieter than a POWERbot
High-end Samsung POWERbot robot cleaners alternatives
For those who is not sure about the latest POWERbots such as the R9000, R9020, R9250, and the R9350 Turbo, here are 7 best alternatives to a Samsung robot cleaner.
|Botvac D7 Connected||Roomba i7||Roborock S5||360 S6||ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930|
|Battery life (min)||120||75||150||120||110|
|Suction power (Pa)||2,000||1,700||2,000||1,800||1,000|
|Dustbin capacity (ml)||700||378||500||400||350|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Virtual walls||magnetic tape + digital||physical blocker||digital||digital||digital|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home support||yes||yes||yes||no||yes|
|Height||3.94 in / 10 cm||3.62 in / 9.2 cm||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.94 in / 10 cm||4.02 in / 10.2 cm|
|Climbing ability||0.75 in / 19 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.67 in / 17 mm||0.63 in / 16 mm|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Neato Botvac D7 Connected
D7 Connected Features
- Longer battery life than any POWERbot provides
- You can set No-Go Lines that blocks the robot from preventing special zones. With the D7 Connected you also can set zoned cleaning. Neato has a magnetic tape in the box
- Mapping based on a laser doesn't need a light on in the room. Is more accurate than a camera sensor. The robot navigates in straight lines following the created plan
- The Neato doesn't bump into furniture as often as a POWERbot does
- The robot has a side brush that catches dirt and dust from corners
- The Neato is shorter than a Samsung POWERbot
- Both high-end models from Samsung and Neato perform great on carpets. The oldest Neato does a better job on carpets than first POWERbots
- The newest Neato comes with a feature that prevents it from getting stuck into tight places such as between chair legs etc. It also doesn't get close to delicate furniture/objects to minimize bumping
- The Neato app seems to be more stable
- The Neato saves up to three different floor plans.
- Battery life
- Works quieter than a POWERbot
- You can interact with the map by setting in which room you want the robot to clean
- The newest Roomba i7+ 7550 comes with a Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal. It is automatically emptying into an enclosed, disposable bag that holds 30 robot bins
- The robot can store up to 10 different plans
- Dirt Detect and Carpet Boost provides deep cleaning on carpeted flooring
- The iHome app is more stable
- Upgraded brushless rollers are the best at picking up pet hair
- The Roomba i7 works quieter than a POWERbot
- The robot can mop and sweep at the same time
- The strong motor inside provides deep cleaning along with a Carpet Boost feature
- With the Mi Home app, you can create digital virtual walls and set zoned cleaning
- The long-lasting battery has the biggest capacity in the industry
- It comes with a stable app
- The Roborock S5 can be tracked in real-time thanks to the Mi Home app
- The robot can be controlled by the app like a radio car
- Targeted point works stable. With this option, you can tap on the screen, and the robot will follow your command by cleaning the spot you've chosen
- The laser works accurately and causes less bumping
- Works quieter than a POWERbot
- On Gearbest it costs half of the price of the latest POWERbots
The 360 S6 has strong suction power and long-lasting battery. With the app, you can create digital boundaries and customize cleaning areas. It is equipped with a LIDAR mapping system based on a map that creates a detailed cleaning plan that it follows navigating in straight lines. Washable HEPA filter makes the robot suitable for those who have an allergy or has asthma. The robot is 2-in-1 can mop and sweep. Thanks to strong suction and main cleaning brush, the 360 S6 performs excellently on thin and medium-pile carpets and any bare floor. With a recharge & resume feature, the 360 S6 is perfect for medium and large-sized homes. The 360 S6 stores up to 10 different floor plans and can recognize its location when manually placed to a cleaning area in case it mapped it before — something only a few robots have.
- The 360 S6 is budget. It costs about the same as the oldest POWERbot does
- It works twice longer than the latest Samsung cleaner
- In the 360Smart app, you can set virtual boundaries and customizing cleaning areas
- The robot can sweep and mop
- Performs excellently on every type of floors except high-pile shaggy carpets
- Holds in memory up to 10 different plans
- Maps obstacles in real-time. Most robots follow the map the way it was when it was building it; the 360 S6 recognizes obstacles in real-time
- The 360 S6 uses a LIDAR mapping technology creating a more accurate room plan
- Navigates in straight lines instead of a random pattern
- Rarely bumps into things thanks to the LIDAR mapping technology
- The robot speaks English informing about everything that's going on
- Works much quieter than the POWERbot (any of them)
- Comes with a washable HEPA filter. Better for people with allergy
- It's charging base hides a cord inside making it look minimalist without the cable laying on the floor
- The 360 S6 is shorter than the POWERbot making it suitable under the furniture where a Samsung can't fit
- Unfortunately, the 360 S6 is not compatible with Alexa enabled devices and Google Home. We believe it will soon
- The 360Smart app is more stable
- Because of saved maps, the 360 can recognize itself if placed to another floor manually. A few robots can do that
- Works quieter than a POWERbot
ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930
ECOVACS robots might not be as powerful as a POWERbot, yet they produce decent machines that are worth paying attention to. With the ECOVACS app, you can prioritize where the robot should clean first, customize cleaning areas and set digital virtual boundaries. The Deebot Ozmo 930 can recognize a type of a surface to avoid carpets when it is on a mopping mode and boost suction power when on carpeted flooring. All the ECOVACS robots work longer than Samsung cleaners do. All the ECOVACS robots are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home. ECOVACS uses LIDAR technology to map out an interior. ECOVACS robots are great for homes with a mixed surface.
- Battery life is about twice longer than any of a POWERbots offer
- In the app, you can control water dripping, so the mop cloth doesn't get too dry or too wet
- ECOVACS works quieter than a POWERbot
- You can watch the Deebot working in real-time on the created map
- ECOVACS (Ozmo 930) comes with a suction inlet to work on a bare floor and pick up pet hair, and the main brush that cleans thin carpets
- With the app you can: customize cleaning area, set a digital boundary, prioritize cleaning area
- The Ozmo 930 can mop and sweep avoiding carpets in a mopping mode
Which robot vacuum is the best Alternative to a Samsung POWERbot?
Since the Samsung POWERbot robots are decent robots with maybe one of the strongest suction in the industry, it is hard to consider which robot vacuum could be a good alternative to it when it comes to the quality of cleaning. All the issues with Samsung cleaners are related to its app which makes it a big deal for a machine that cost you about a $1000.
When it comes to shape, Neato produces very similar vacuums that clean corners and edges. The navigation is better; the newest robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent it from getting stuck into tight places and not allowing it to get very close to areas where there is no room for a cleaner to navigate. The suction power is as strong as the newest POWERbot cleaners have. Neato devices perform great on thin and medium-pile carpets as well as on a bare floor which makes them perfect for a home with a mostly carpeted surface.
The Roomba i7 might not be as powerful as the high-end Samsung robots, yet it offers more useful features when it comes to cleaning. The robot is ideal for pet owners thanks to its rollers. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long making it suitable for small and medium-sized homes with a mixed surface. It can clean a large house also, though it will need more time to finish cleaning.
The Roborock S5 is one of the best on the market. It is as powerful as a Neato or Samsung; it can mop and sweep (none of which is able to do), it lasts the whole 150 minutes (say hi to a POWERbot that runs for about 60 minutes top) and causes less bumping into things as a POWERbot does. The mapping is as accurate as Neato robots do and the Roborock S5 costs less than most of the high-end robots in the industry. The Roborock S5 works excellent on any type of surfaces except high-pile shaggy carpets and covers a big area when cleaning. Also, the robot is suitable for pet owners.
The 360 S6 is a bit similar to the Roborock S5. It also can sweep and mop, has a decent battery life, perform great on a bare floor and carpeted flooring and the app offers a couple of nice features. The biggest thing about the 360 S6 is its ability to recognize its location and map obstacles in real-time. Saying if you placed a chair in front of it, the robot will "see" it. The Roborock S5 saves one created map only, the 360 S6 stores up to 10 floor plans. The same as the Roborock S5, the 360 S6 is perfect for homes with any surface, good for pet owners and suitable for all sizes of houses from small to the biggest one. And, it costs about $150 less on Amazon.
The ECOVACS cleaners are good at cleaning thin carpets and in general are ideal for a mixed surface. There are a few featured we haven't seen anywhere else such as controlling water dripping, and avoiding carpets when the robot in a mopping mode. The app offers some cool options that make the ECOVACS robots attractive to consider buying. Suitable for small, medium and large homes and those who have pets.
Where to buy
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner vs. 360 S5 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Comparison
- Comparing 360 S6 Robot Vacuum vs. Roborock S5
- Comparing the Roborock S5 vs. Viomi V2
- Roborock S50 (White) vs. Roborock T6 Comparison
- Roborock Xiaowa E20 vs. 360 S5 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Comparison Chart