Top 10 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners For Pet Hair
If you are a pet owner, you probably know that pet hair is a nuisance. It loves clinging to carpets and fabrics, and it is so hard to vacuum it up. Nobody wants to spend a lot of time cleaning the house from a cat or dog hair. For a lot of people, it's the first reason to not owning a pet. However, nowadays we have a great solution that can solve this problem: there a variety of best automatic floor cleaners for pet hair. Those smart machines can be scheduled to clean at a specific time, there models with strong suction power and special brushes designed especially for pet hair.
When it comes to choosing the right robot vacuum for pet hair, you should pay attention to several important features, since far not every robot vacuum can do this job perfectly well.
- the robot vacuum should have a strong suction power to pick up cats and dogs hair from rugs and carpets
- there should be special brushes to clean a hardwood floor and carpet more efficient
- a large dustbin to hold more fur, so you don't have to empty it during a cleaning cycle
- a high-efficiency particulate absorber (HEPA) filter. This type of filters remove 99.9% of particles that have a size greater than 0.3 µm, absorb pollens and allergens which is very important for those who have asthma or allergy
There are two types of robot vacuums on the market:
Robot vacuums with a random cleaning pattern. Those robots don't remember your house layout, they move randomly, need more time to clean an entire apartment since they don't understand where they already cleaned and went through the same places several times. They might leave some areas untouched. The advantage of the robot vacuum with a random cleaning pattern is its price; usually, those machines are two-four times cheaper.
Robot vacuums with a mapping feature. Those devices have a lidar, gyroscope or camera sensor, they build a map of a house using a more efficient z-shaped cleaning path. Those machines will not miss any rooms and places since they have a layout of your home in their memory and remember where they have already cleaned. The robot vacuum with this feature can finish the work from two to four times faster than a robot vacuum with a random cleaning pattern.
So what type of robot vacuums do you need? It depends on the size of your house and budget. If you have a small house, you can save money and go with a cheaper robot vacuum with a random cleaning pattern. If you have a medium or big house, we would recommend buying a machine with mapping.
We made two lists of the best robot vacuums for pet owners. Here are the top 10 robot vacuums for pet hair: the first list - the best robot vacuums for pet hair on hardwood floors and carpets with mapping; the second list - robot vacuums with a price tag less than $300 with a random cleaning pattern.
Best Robot Vacuums for Pets with Mapping
Specifications and features of top 5 the best mapping robots for pet hair and carpets
|Features||Roborock S5||360 S6 Robot Vacuum||Neato Botvac D6 Connected||ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930||iRobot Roomba 980|
|Recharge & resume||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Battery life (min)||150||120||120||110||120|
|Suction power (Pa)||2,000||1,800||N/A||N/A||1,700|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home support||yes||no||yes||yes||yes|
|Dustbin capacity (ml)||500||400||700||450||600|
|Water tank capacity (ml)||150||150||-||N/A||-|
|Barrier-cross ability (in / mm)||0.79 / 20||0.67 / 17||0.75 / 19||0.63 / 16||0.79 / 20|
|Area blocking||digital||digital||digital + boundary marker||digital||Dual Virtual Wall Barrier (physical)|
|Filter||washable HEPA||washable HEPA||Ultra Performance||HEPA||HEPA|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
Robot vacuums mentioned in the article:
- Neato Botvac D6 Connected — from $729.99
- 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner — from $349.99
- Eufy RoboVac 30 — from $269.99
- ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 — from $499.99
- ECOVACS Deebot N79S — from $199.99
- Roborock Xiaowa Lite C10 — from $169.99
- iRobot Roomba 690 — from $279.95
- Roborock S50 (White) — from $569.98
- ILIFE A6 — from $299.00
- iRobot Roomba 980 — from $809.49
Based on a map the machine created, it remembers where it has already cleaned and knows where it was before went to the charging dock. This option is ideal for big-sized houses. The mapping system that based on a laser creates an accurate layout and makes the robot to work in the dark, it "sees" where it is. Camera sensor has its issues with dark carpets thinking it is a drop-off and prevents "falling" so the robot doesn't clean dark carpeted surfaces. Thanks to the created map, the cleaner knows where it left off when its battery ran out of energy. It gets back to recharge and resumes cleaning from the same place where it left.
When the robot recognizes a carpet, it automatically switches the suction power to its maximum level which provides deeper cleaning. Once the device leaves the carpet, it turns back the cleaning mode that was on before.
This option allows you to block some zones to prevent the robot from crossing it. The Roborock S5, 360 S6, D6 Connected, and Deebot Ozmo 930 have the ability to set the block zones using their apps. The Roomba 980 is equipped with a physical virtual wall barrier in the box, the Neato also has a magnetic tape. You can manually place the barrier or strip to the area you don't want your robot to clean.
If you want to provide deep cleaning on a specific area, there is an option that allows a robot to clean within the provided zone. Draw a rectangle inside the created map where the machine should clean (unfortunately, you can't choose the shape of the area). You can do the same with the Roomba's barrier and Neato's stripe.
- Affordable price. For the high-end features the Roborock S5 offers, it comes with a reasonable price tag
- Target Point. This option sends the robot to a specific point you tag on the map. Very useful for those who can't manage it through the remote control
- The longest battery life on the market
- Great crossing ability. It can climb up to a 20 mm tall obstacle (suitable for thicker carpets)
- Easy-to-slide water tank. Just place in under the robot and slide it until the container clicks
- The cleaning tool that hides under the lid which is useful, you always know where to find it
- Strong suction power. The Roborock S5 is suitable for cleaning hard floors, carpets and pet hair
- Spot cleaning. It moves in a 2*2 m rectangle shape in the spot cleaning mode providing thoughtful cleaning on that spot
- Washable filter. It comes with the HEPA filter that can be washed. It makes the filter live longer
- Carpet boost automatically switches the power to its maximum once the sensors recognize carpeted flooring
- When the dust box gets full the robot stops working
- In the Mi Home app, you can set virtual block offs and create zone cleaning.
Doesn't save a map when the job is doneThis feature was added in November.
The Roborock S5 is ideal for big homes covered with carpets. Performs well on a hardwood floor and any other kind of bare floors.
Read full review here
- The cheapest one considering its features
- Easy-to-get dustbin by pressing the "open" button
- Not noisy even though it has a powerful motor
- Has two side brushes
- Washable HEPA filter
- Carpet boost provides deep cleaning on carpets
- Holds in memory all the maps it has created; is able to recognize its position. In case you have two floors house, the S6 can map both floors, and it will understand where it is. You only need to restore the map
- The charging dock hides a cable inside. Something we haven't seen before
- Three types of plugs inside the box
- Block off zones prevent the 360 S6 from crossing some areas
- With the app, you can specify areas you want the robot to clean. It does not pass the rectangle you create and will clean within this zone. You can change the size of the area and how many times the S6 should clean.
- Is not compatible with Alexa or Google Home
Suitable for both: carpeted and bare flooring. Thanks to the mopping feature, the 360 S6 performs great on every floor type except thick carpets.
Learn more about the 360 S6
- D-shape is ideal for corners cleaning
- A double-tap initiates spot-cleaning mode, which does a seven-foot-square area
- Great carpet performance. Can do both: thin and medium-pile carpets
- A new core brush picks up pet hair. Plus, the ultra-performance filter, captures allergens and dust your pets bring in
- Botvac D6 comes with the multiple floor plan feature which stores up to three-floor plans
- Neato Quick Boost charging to allow the Neato Botvac D6 Connected to calculate how much power it needs to finish its cleaning run and top up accordingly. Your robot will return to its base automatically, get a quick boost, and resume cleaning the rest of your floorplan, meaning your robot is working smarter and your floors get cleaned faster.
- Gets stuck in tight spaces because of its D-shape
Home with carpeted flooring is ideal for the Neato Botvac D6 Connected. Neato is a robot vacuum that is designed to be suitable for pet hair.
- The main brush and suction inlet in the box. The brush is better at cleaning carpeting flooring. The suction inlet is ideal for a hardwood floor and picking up pet hair
- Recognizes bare floors and carpeted surfaces. You can see it on a map the robot creates
- Doesn't mop carpets. Since the machine is able to recognize where the carpets are based on the map, it will not wet mop carpeting flooring when working in mopping mode
- Carpet boost helps to clean carpeting flooring better
- Prioritizing zones. The app allows making the robot working in the high-traffic zones first. All you need to do is to set it on the app
- Custom mode for targeted cleaning. It makes the ECOVACS work inside the rectangle you created
- Virtual boundary blocks certain areas
- The robot stops dampening the cloth when it's not moving
- Comes equipped with two side sweepers
- In the app, you can control the level of water dripping.
- The ECOVACS app needs to be completed
- Does not do thicker carpets.
ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 is ideal for bare floors and mixed surfaces. Thanks to the suction inlet and mopping feature, the Deebot works great on hardwood floors.
- Dirt detect recognizes high-traffic areas and provide deep cleaning
- Full bin indicator alerts when the dust box needs to be emptied
- Silicone rollers are designed for cleaning pet hair. These brushes are tangle-free
- Carpet boost cleans carpets that are up to 20 mm of height.
- A little bit loud
- Camera-based mapping. It is not as accurate as laser and doesn't allow the robot to work in the dark
- Doesn't save maps after cleaning.
The Roomba 980 is one of the best Roombas for pet hair because of its silicone rollers. Suitable for carpeted flooring though it can do bare floors too.
Best Budget Robot Vacuums for Pet Hair
Here are the top 5 best robot vacuum cleaners for pet hair under $300
|Features||ECOVACS Deebot N79S||Eufy RoboVac 30||Roborock Xiaowa Lite||iRobot Roomba 690||ILIFE A6|
|Battery life (min)||120||120||120||90||100|
|Suction power (Pa)||N/A||1,500||1,600||N/A||1,000|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home support||yes||no||yes||yes||no|
|Dustbin capacity (ml)||300||600||640||300||300|
|Barrier-cross ability (in / mm)||0.55 / 14||0.63 / 16||0.79 / 20||0.63 / 16||0.47 / 12|
|Area blocking||-||13 ft Boundary Strip||-||Dual Virtual Wall Barrier||Invisible Wall|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
- Affordable price. Good price considering its performance
- Compatible with Alexa/Google Home
- Picks up a lot of pet hair on bare floors and thin carpets
- Doesn't do medium and thick carpets
The ECOVACS Deebot N79S is suitable for mixed surfaces or hard floors.
- Large dustbin hols more pet hair. You don't have to empty it as often
- Strong suction power is ideal for cleaning floors from pet hair
- Boundary strip keeps the robot from pet things
- A short body helps the device to get under most furniture
- Can do thin and medium-pile carpets
- Doesn't support Wi-Fi
The Eufy RoboVac 30 is better for small and medium homes with a mixed surface.
- Strong suction power provides good cleaning
- Can do both: bare flooring and carpeted surface (except more than 20 mm thick carpets)
- Doesn't get tangled with hair too much
- Good climbing ability. Can cross over thresholds with ease
- Large dustbin holds a lot of dust and dirt
- Compatible with Alexa0enabled devices
- The app shows when accessories need to be replaced
- Affordable price especially considering what the Xiaowa offers
- Carpet boost provides deep cleaning. Catches pet hair with ease
- Does not come with virtual walls
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite is ideal for mixed and carpeted flooring. Though can work on a bare floor as well.
Read full review here
- Does thin and medium carpets
- The dual wall barrier blocks the robot from areas where pet stuff are
- Dirt detect recognizes high traffic areas where pet hair is concentrated the most
- Compatible with Alexa/Home
- A bit challenging to get the brushes untangled
The Roomba 690 is better for carpeted flooring and mixed surfaces.
- Rubber brush is tangle-free. Easy to maintain
- Comes with a price tag under $200
- Decent battery life
- Invisible wall keeps it from crossing the places, where you have pet things like a bowl or bed
- Thin body allows the robot to go under most of the furniture
- No wi-fi support
- Doesn't do medium-pile and thick carpets
Is ideal for bare floors and thin carpets. Thanks to a silicone brush, the ILIFE A6 is perfect for pet hair because it takes a little time to maintain it.
Not suitable for homes with medium-pile and thick carpets.
What is the best robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair?
The robots with mapping:
The Roborock S5 and the 360 S6 are featured with similar options like mopping mode, the LIDAR technology, etc. Both do thin and medium-pile carpets thanks to the strong suction power and good climbing ability. The 360 S6 is the cheapest robot vacuum with mapping. The Roborock S5 is about $50 expensive. Each of them is perfect for both: bare floor and carpet.
The Neato Botvac D6 Connected is ideal for homes covered with carpet flooring and pet owners. Neato is known for its excellent performance on carpet.
The best feature of the ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 is its ability to recognize bare floors and carpets. The robot doesn't mop rugs and when it stops the water is not dripping. Ideal for mixed surface and houses with bare floors.
Thanks to silicone rollers, the Roomba 980 is perfect when it comes to picking pet hair. You will not have any issues with tangled hair. Though the Roomba 980 would be better for mixed surfaces and bare floors.
Budget Robot Cleaners: Which One To Buy
Both robots: the ECOVACS Deebot N79S and the Eufy RoboVac 30 have similar features and performance. Eufy is a bit more expensive. It works a little bit better on carpets than the ECOVACS, though it doesn't have an app.
Both are suitable for hardwood floor and thin carpets. The Deebot is better for mixed surfaces, while the Eufy works well on carpet flooring.
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite is the most powerful device from those that come without mapping. It is an ideal device for homes with pets because of its strong suction that is able to pick up pet hair on bare floors and all types of carpets except thick ones. Suitable for both: mixed and carpeted flooring.
The Roomba 690 performs excellently on thin and medium-pile carpets making the machine ideal for homes covered with carpets. Though its brushes are a bit hard to deal with. The robot would be great at picking pet hair from a carpeted surface but a bit challenging to untangle pet hair.
The ILIFE A6 is the cheapest vacuum in our list. It is equipped with a rubber brush similar to the Roomba 980 rollers. It is ideal for homes with pets with a thin carpet and bare floor. If you don't want to deal with pet hair wrapped around the brush, the ILIFE A6 is for you.
Those machines that come with mapping are not easy to pick the best from. Since these machines cost from about $300 to $800, we can't choose the best cleaner, it depends on your needs, surface, size of your home, etc.
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite is one of the best budget robot vacuum for carpet and pet hair.
The Roborock Xiaowa Lite is ideal for pet hair considering its price, performance on carpets, strong suction, etc. Its cleaning brush doesn't get hair tangled as much as other bristled brushes do making it great for pet hair. Its suction power is able to deep clean thin and medium-pile carpets. The Roborock Xiaowa Lite C10 is the most powerful robot vacuum cleaner that costs around $200.
Where to buy
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner vs. ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 601 Comparison
- Roborock Xiaowa Lite C10 vs. Tesvor X500 Comparison
- Compare iRobot Roomba 980 vs. Neato Botvac D85
- Compare ILIFE A6 vs. ILIFE A7
- ECOVACS DEEBOT N79 vs. iRobot Roomba 690 Comparison Chart
- 12 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners of 2019 For Different Cleaning Needs
- Top 5 Best-Rated Robot Vacuum Cleaners of 2019
- Can the Roomba 690 beat the Roomba 960? Comparison Chart
- Can the Roborock Xiaowa be the Roomba 690 Alternative?
- What Is the Difference Between the Roborock S5, Roborock Xiaowa Lite, Roborock Xiaowa E2/E3, and Xiaomi Mi Robot