Roomba 980 vs. Xiaomi Roborock Second Generation Comparison: Which One is Better?
Table of Contents (Jump to)
Xiaomi MiJia Roborock S50 (Second generation)
Roborock S50 is an improved and more intelligent version of the first generation Xiaomi Mi Robot which has a very good reputation in the market. The second generation became more effective and fast, has a better suction power and improved battery capacity. It has a new mopping feature, now it can sweep and mop at the same time. The new model also equipped with a reusable filter, so you can just wash the filter with water. Now it can detect smaller objects better with X-Ray sensor. Read more about the differences in our Mi Robot vs. Roborock comparison.
|Product name||Where to buy|
|Xiaomi 2nd Generation Roborock S50||Check It Out
|iRobot Roomba 980||Check It Out
It has nice modern design and is made of high-quality plastiс. On the top of the robot located the LDS (Laser Distance Sensor) that rotates and scan your rooms with laser 360 degrees. The number and variety of sensors impress: it has cliff sensor, a collision sensor, drop sensor, dustbin sensor, electronic compass, wall sensor, fan speed sensor, gyroscope, accelerometer, laser distance sensor, speedometer and an ultrasonic radar sensor. Three powerful processors track the robot vacuum's position in real-time and build a route.
Xiaomi Roborock 2 smartphone app
- capacious battery - 5200mAh
- sweep and mop at the same time
- good noise suppression
- the E11 grade waterproof washable filter
- long running time - 2.5 hours, equal to cleaning the 250 sq. meters of your house
- improved charging base - 180-degree infrared coverage
- powerful motor which provides 2000Pa of suction power
- can handle obstacles up to 0.78inches (2cm)
- improved built-in 13 sensors and soft bumper on the robot helps to protect your furniture from any collisions
- you can see the map of your house from your smartphone and move your robot to any point just by tapping on the screen
- LDS (Laser Distance Sensor) build a map of your house and an intelligent system plan the most effective route of cleaning
Xiaomi Roborock 2 washable filter
Pros of Xiaomi Roborock
- mopping feature
- great quality for reasonable price
- no extra accessories in the box such as side brushes and mop pads
Where to buy Xiaomi Roborock?
We found for you the best offers on the market:
- On Lazada Singapore — for S$520.00
- On Amazon — for $548.99
- On GearBest — for $469.99 with the coupon code NEWXMVM
- On Aliexpress — for $474.99
Video review of Xiaomi MiJia Roborock
Roomba iRobot 980
Roomba is a most famous brand of robot vacuums on the US market. They developing robovacs more than 13 years already and iRobot 980 is the newest and most featured device in the model line. You can read more in our latest Roomba iRobot 980 review.
This model has better suction power compared to younger versions of Roomba — iRobot 960, 890 and 860. Now it can easily rid your carpets of cat or dog hair. A camera on the top and a floor sensor can detect obstacles along the way, and an intelligent system (visual simultaneous localization and mapping technology) builds the best route for the robot, so it can easily avoid collision with obstacles and furniture. Once it's on the carpet, suction power automatically increases to gather up more dust.
iRobot 980 route planning
iRoomba 980 features
- it scans your house with a camera and can see all the obstacles in the way and build an optimised route to clean your rooms in a most effective way
- intelligent navigation and path planning
- if еру battery is low and cleaning is not completed, it can automatically recharge and continue until the job is finished
- can be easily controlled, scheduled and monitored from your smartphone, Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant
- it has sensors which detect type of floor and automatically adjusts suction power
- tangle-free dual multi-surface brushes handle pet hair with ease
- high-efficiency filter captures 99% of allergens and pollen
Roomba smartphone app
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant integration
- extra filter and a brush in the box
- too expensive
Roomba iRobot 980 YouTube review
Xiaomi Roborock 2 vs. Roomba iRobot 980 comparison chart
|Specifications||Roomba 980||Xiaomi Roborock 2|
|Dimensions||13.8 x 3.6 inches||13.7 x 3.79 inches|
|Weight||8.7 lbs||7.7 lbs|
|Suction power||1,670 Pa||2,000 Pa|
|Working Time||120 min||250 min|
|Cleaning radius||185 m2||250 m2|
|Dust bin capacity||600 ml||500 ml|
|Noise Level||70 db||60 db|
|Amazon Alexa support|
Final conclusions: Which one is better?
Both robovacs are good featured and have similar functions. In our opinion, Xiaomi Roborock second generation is a better choice with the twice lower price, you can buy a robot vacuum that has more features than more expensive devices. It's built with the new technology, it costs less, has more powerful suction, longer working time, better noise suppression, washable filter, bigger cleaning radius and can sweep and mop at the same time. But if you want more trusted and proven brand or you want to control the robot by Amazon Alexa — Roomba iRobot 980 is your choice.
WHERE TO BUY
Share with friends:
- Roomba Comparison Chart 2018
- Xiaowa Lite Robot Vacuum Cleaner The Powerful Robovac From Xiaomi For Under $200
- ILIFE A8 vs Xiaomi Mi Robot comparison: which one is better?
- iLIFE V8S The Smart Flagship Robot Vacuum For Under $250
- Is The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Best Cheap Home Assistant To Buy In 2018?
TOP-10 Robot vacuums
15 july 2017, 05:18
08 january 2018, 03:47
23 july 2017, 00:53
05 march 2018, 03:33
07 september 2017, 04:41
06 july 2017, 03:57