Top 5 Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners For A Small Home
Apr 27, 2018 7 min read
When it comes to buying a robot vacuum cleaner you've got too many things to consider. This list is mostly for people who are not ready to spend a ton of money on a $1000 vacuum. Spoiler: you will not find a robot vacuum with a mapping feature for the price of $300 and less so we have picked basic budget robot vacuum cleaners that will clean a small home perfectly without you having to spend a lot of money on it.
|Features||ILIFE V7S Plus||Xiaomi Xiaowa||ILIFE V8S||Ecovacs Deebot N79S||Eufy RoboVac 11+|
|Running time (minutes)||120||120||80||100||100|
|Water Tank Capacity||300ml||-||300ml||-||-|
|Good For Carpet?||no||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home||no||no||no||yes||no|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
ILIFE V7S Plus
ILIFE V7S Plus is an upgraded version of iLIFE V7S Pro - the robot that mop and sweep. The robot comes with a bunch of sensors that help to navigate, without falling from stairs. It has a dust box detection that reminds you to put it inside the robot before starting cleaning. The biggest improvement is its water tank. While ILIFE V7S Pro had a 450ml water tank and a 600ml dust box, ILIFE V7S Plus got a 300ml water container with an integrated 60ml dust box.
The robot is super quiet, maybe one of the quietest on the market so far. It can be controlled manually by pressing start on the lid and by using a remote controller. With a 2600mAh Li-Ion battery, it can run for the whole 120 minutes on one charge. The device has large wheels that make it easy to climb thresholds up to 20mm. Along with a side brush that helps to clean corners, transferring dust into the container, the machine has a bristle cleaning brush that scratches flooring surface, making it clean. After its battery runs out, iLIFE V7S Plus automatically returns to its base to recharge.
What is iLIFE V7S Plus the best for?
- This model from ILIFE family doesn't have a strong suction power, so it's not able to deep clean your carpet, but it still can catch the dust and dirt from it.
- It is quiet making it suitable for parents.
- The best thing that this machine can do is to wet mop bare floors. You don't have to worry about it anymore, your home assistant will do it for you.
iLIFE has a lot of amazing products on their line and we already talked about the most popular ones with a comparison chart in details so go read it and maybe you will find your perfect device.
Price & Purchase Details
You are able to get iLIFE V7S Plus on Gearbest for the price a little bit over $200.
There you can also find iLIFE V7S Pro for about $220.
Unfortunately, the newest version iLIFE V7S Plus is not available on Amazon so far, but you can go with its previous model - iLIFE V7S Pro that you can buy for $245.
A few months back Xiaomi released its new budget robovac, Xiaomi Xiaowa Lite. What is about the robot? It has a Xiaomi related minimalist design. The body is white, has 3 buttons on the lid. Can climb up to 20mm obstacles with ease. With a 1600Pa suction power, Xiaowa is able to deep clean carpet and rugs from dust, dirt and pet hair. For example, the latest and most expensive Roomba 980 delivers 1670Pa. A 2600mAh battery lasts the whole 120 minutes which is a great result for such a powerful motor and the price. The machine has sensors all over its body to help it prevent bumping and falling down. Xiaowa comes with the MiJia app so it can be controlled from your smartphone. After the battery is out of power, the robot gets back to its charging base.
What is Xiaowa Lite the best for?
- It performs great on carpets and rugs. Having strong suction the robot is able to deep clean carpeting surface (except thick carpets).
- Handles pet hair. If you have a pet - Xiaowa will get rid of the hair.
- Work well on a bare floor.
- Can be controlled by the app, so if you are busy, you can start cleaning from your smartphone without having to go and press start manually.
- With its design, the machine fits into minimalist interior home + it won't be trapped because of things that are usually lay on the floor.
Here we talk about why you need to choose the budget Xiaowa Lite over the most expensive Xiaomi Roborock S50.
Price & Where to buy
Xiaowa is on presale for about $300 on Gearbest.
Unfortunately, the model is not available on Amazon now. Once it is able to buy, we will update it here.
Along with its smart flagship A8, iLIFE released iLIFE V8S - a two-in-one mop robot. It is equipped with a large 750ml dustbin that holds more dirt which reduces the frequency of emptying. It has a tangle-free design, all the pet or long human hair transfer tight into the dustbin. It can climb obstacles up to 15mm. Unfortunately, the manufacturer hasn't mentioned its suction power, but from what we've seen, iLiFE V8S performs well on thin carpets and bare floors. The unit runs up to 80 minutes. Its sensors prevent it from falling and bumping into things. When its battery runs out of power, the device gets back to its docking station to recharge on its own.
What is iLIFE V8S good for?
- Homes with a mostly bare floor. Since it has a wet mopping function, iLIFE V8S is perfect for the hardwood floor, laminate, tile etc.
- Pet owners. With its anti-tangling design, you don't need to clean its cleaning brush after every cleaning session.
- It can clean rugs and carpets catching dust and dirt on its way(not a thick one though).
Price & Purchase Details
The device is on sale on Amazon for a price of about $250 (unfortunately, it is currently unavailable, we hope it will get back in stock soon).
Ecovacs Deebot N79S
Ecovacs Deebot N79 got thousands of good reviews on Amazon and consumers love it, so meet the upgraded version - N79S. It is the only robot on our list that is compatible with Alexa so you can control it by using voice commands or your phone since it also has an app. With 1000Pa of suction power, the unit can clean thin carpets and a bare floor with pet hair, dust, and dirt. Considering its low price, Ecovacs Deebot N79S is a good device that does its job well and featured with such a thing as Alexa/Google Home which is impressive for the price it comes.
What is Ecovacs Deebot N79S good for?
- Performs well on thin carpets.
- Goot at picking pet hair.
- Works well on a bare floor.
- Can be controlled by a voice which is good for people who's busy working and don't want to be distracted by going and starting their device.
Price & Where to buy
ECOVACS Deebot N79S is available on Amazon for a price of $250 which sounds super excited considering its compatibility with Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant and cleaning performance. It also has the Amazon's Choice label as a highly-rated product.
Eufy RoboVac 11+
Eufy is a well-known brand that has a lot of good reviews so they released the RoboVac 11+ that is improved version of its previous well-selling Eufy 11. It is a basic robovac that cleans thin carpets and bare floors. The unit can be controlled by a remote controller that comes in the box. Eufy RoboVac 11+ is equipped with an anti-scratch tempered glass cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Can climb up to 15mm obstacles. The auto-recharge feature makes it automatically go to its base to recharge when the battery runs out.
What is Eufy RoboVac 11+ best for?
- Homes with the mostly bare floor is ideal for Eufy RoboVac 11+. Even though it still performs well on thin carpets, it works great on the hardwood floor, tile, laminate, marble etc.
- Pet owners would be thankful for cleaning pet hair once they let it run.
Price & Purchase Details
Eufy RoboVac 11+ is a highly-rated product with the Amazon's Choice label on sale for around $230.
What robot vacuum cleaner to buy for a small home?
It depends on many things and your own preferences.
- Do you have pets?
- Do you care about the design?
- Your home covered with carpets or mostly bare floor?
- Do you have Amazon Alexa or Google Home?
Let's start with carpets. For carpeting surface we would recommend you getting Xiaowa from Xiaomi since it has decent battery life and it is super powerful being able to catch pet hair.
For $50 less you can get ECOVACS Deebot N79S that is also compatible with Alexa, or iLIFE V8S that is on sale for almost the same price but can also do mopping. Eufy RoboVac 11+ cost even less than the previous two so if you are low on a budget - this device is a good machine that has a lot of good reviews on Amazon.
For a bare floor with some rugs (not thick!), you could get iLIFE V7S Plus with a mopping feature or iLIFE V8S that is a little bit more powerful than the previous one but runs less.
Fairly to say that Xiaowa, Eufy or Ecovacs are also good at cleaning hardwood floor. If you need a mopping option - stick with V7S Plus or V8S from iLIFE.
Speaking about design - it's on your own taste. All the robots look beautiful and would fit in any interior.
For those who have pets, it could be a challenge to pick the right robovac. iLIFE V8S is tangle-free which means you wouldn't be annoyed with untangling pet hair from the brush everytime your home assistant works. Xiaowa has a lot of power to get rid of pet hair from carpets so it is also a good choice.
Eufy and ECOVACS are also good at picking pet hair and cost less than Xiaowa, but these robots less powerful than Xiaomi which means for pets + carpets Xiaowa Lite would be better.
The last, but not least - voice assistant. From this list and budget robot vacuum cleaners in general - ECOVACS Deebot N79S is the only device that is compatible with it.
Hope we have helped with the question: which robot vacuum cleaning to buy for a small home? Let us know what robovac you would recommend in the comments down below.
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
WHERE TO BUY
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Roomba 890 vs. Eufy 11+ Comparison Chart
- Compare ECOVACS Deebot M80 Pro vs. Eufy RoboVac 11+
- ILIFE V8s vs. ECOVACS Deebot M80 Pro Comparison Chart
- ILIFE V8s vs. ECOVACS Deebot N79S Comparison Chart
- ILIFE V8s vs. ILIFE V5s Pro Comparison Chart
- The Xiaomi VIOMI VXRS01: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Mapping and App control
- 5 Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners With Mapping
- Could The 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Be The Xiaomi Roborock Killer?
- 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review
- TOP 5 Best Robot Vacuums with Intelligent Mapping Technology