Which one is better: Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs. Xiaomi Roborock 2 comparison
Mar 29, 2018 6 min read
|Features & Specifications||Xiaomi Roborock||Neato D7 Connected|
|Coverage Area||2690ft2 / 250m2||5000ft2 / 460m2|
|Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant||no||yes|
|App||Mi Home||Neato Robotics|
|Digital Virtual Walls||yes||yes|
|Auto-Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Filtration||HEPA||Ultra Performance Filter|
|Surface||tile, hardwood, laminate, ceramic, vinyl, low and medium-pile carpets||tile, hardwood, laminate, ceramic, vinyl, low and medium-pile carpets|
|Good for carpet||yes||yes|
|Pet Hair Pick Up||yes||yes|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Weight||3.5kg / 7.7lbs||3.5kg / 7.7lbs|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||35.3x35x9.6cm / 13.9x13.7x3.8in||31.9x33.6x10cm / 12.5x13.2x3.9in|
|Amazon price||Check the price||Check the price|
Neato D7 Connected
- Decent battery life
- Strong suction power
- Detailed cleaning maps
- Integration with smart gadgets
- Large dustbin
- A bit pricey
- Does not clean high-pile carpets
Ss well as all the rest Neato's models, D7 Connected has a D-shape form that helps it to clean corners better than round robovacs. It is equipped with a SLAM technology that creates a map of your floor and builds the most efficient way to clean. The map is uploaded to your phone where you can draw as many lines as you want to create the areas you don't want the robot to go. The app allows seeing where the robot cleaned and how long it took.
Neato D7 Connected comes with spiral combo brush that was designed for people with allergies and pet owners, also the brush is suitable for any surface and can be cleaned with ease. Along with the following brush, Neato has a powerful motor and The Ultra Performance Filter that captures twice as many small particles and picks up more pet hair, and transfer it to the dirt bin. Neato D7 Connected gives you the deepest clean you can get. The device is compatible with smart devices such as Alexa and Google Home Assistant accordingly you can control it by voice commands.
What does Neato Botvac D7 Connected Do
- Thanks to its D-shape Neato D7 works better on corners and edges
- Compatible with smart devices such as Apple Watch, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, and more.
- The SLAM technology creates a map to plan efficient cleaning route
- Virtual No-Go Lines allow to set up zones that you don’t want the robot to enter
- Neato D7 Connected comes with a magnetic strip that can also be used as a barrier
- Comes with two cleaning modes: turbo and eco. In turbo mode, the device runs about 90 minutes and louder than when it works in eco mode.
- Spiral Combo Brush is the highest-performing brush that is ideal for pet hair and preferred solution for homes with different floor types
- Ultra Performance Filter captures twice the small particles (0.3 microns) than competitors. The filter minimizes particulates in the air making it perfect for people with allergies.
- Auto-recharge and resume feature makes the robot finish its job after its battery runs low and Neato gets back to recharge.
- The app gives % charge for the battery so you always know when the device needs to be recharged.
Who is Neato D7 Connected for:
- People with low and medium-pile carpets and hard floors.
- Pet owners. Its cleaning brush was designed to pick up more pet hair.
- Tech geeks. People who love new technologies Those who own a big house. The robot covers up to 460 square meter area in one charge.
- Homes with mostly carpeting surface. Strong suction power enables deep clean low and medium-pile carpets.
- People who are sensitive to allergies.
What consumers say
At the most parts, consumers are happy with the newest robot vacuum cleaner from Neato Botvac. They say it works great, setup is very easy and mostly involved downloading the app, creating an account, logging it into the wifi, and naming the unit. Impressive amount of hair and dirt it picked up. And most of the owners are happy with the map it creates.
However, there are some complains we couldn't help but talk about.
D7 Connected has its issues when it comes to working on high-pile carpets and rugs. Sometimes it takes several attempts to connect the device to Wi-FI. With its shape sometimes the robot gets stuck. Some consumers claim the Floor Plans are not accurate.
Price & Where to buy
You can get Neato D7 Connected on Amazon for around $800 which is more or less expected considering the fact it is the latest top-level robot in Neato's model line. The product comes with the Amazon's Choice label as a high-rated product. If you are in a hurry, you can get it within 2 days if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.
*please take note that the price on Amazon may change
Xiaomi Roborock 2nd generation
Xiaomi second generation robot is equipped with an intelligent system SLAM for mapping out an interior and building the best cleaning route. The battery lasts maybe the longest in the industry. The newest cleaning brushes were made to prevent hair-tangling which makes Xiaomi Roborock ideal for picking pet hair. One of the strongest suction power picks dust and dirt from almost all floor types.
The app gives detailed information about where the robot has been. You are also able to track Xiaomi's movement in real-time as well as draw digital virtual walls just using your smartphone. The robot's battery last over 2 hours that usually is enough to cover about 250 square meters. In case the machine did not finish its job the robot will resume the session after recharging.
- Decent battery life
- Has the mopping feature
- Having a 5200mAH capacity battery, the robot covers a large cleaning area in one charge
- Quiet operation
- User-friendly app
- doesn't support Alexa or Amazon Assistant
What does Xiaomi 2nd Gen robot vacuum cleaner do
- Xiaomi Roborock is 2-in-1 robovac: it can sweep and mop
- The SLAM technology creates a cleaning map and builds the most efficient way on its own
- The app traces her route in real time and lets assign virtual walls just by drawing on a map within the app
- Also, the app gives the detailed information about the whole cleaning session
- It comes with a high-efficient anti-allergen HEPA filter
- Even though the robot has a powerful motor it is equipped with a soft bumper that provides quiet operation
- Designed with 13 sensors including LDS that helps it to not bump into things, avoids falling and keeps Roborock at the distance of 10 mm from the wall
- Has the Intelligent Carpet Identification that boosts up the power to its maximum mode once it recognizes a carpet
- With its large wheels the device can climbs obstacles up to 20mm.
- 3 Stage anti-tangled design prevents hair getting stuck in the wheel, side brush, and rolling brush.
- Its 2000Pa suction power maybe the strongest in the industry
- In case Roborock hasn't finished its cleaning session, it gets back to recharge and then resume from the same place it was.
Who is Xiaomi Roborock designed for
- People with fairly large home. With the biggest battery's capacity and decent runtime, the robot covers more area than other devices in the industry.
- Pet owners. Along with the anti-allergen washable HEPA filter, its newest brushes catch pet hair with ease.
- Thanks to the newest filter system it is ideal for people who who suffer from asthma or allergies.
- Homes with mostly carpeting surfaces. The strong suction power does its job well almost on all floor types.
- Since this robot also can mop, it cleans all types of bare floors.
- Geeks. Consumers find it fascinating to see how Roborock create a cleaning map.
What consumers say
Most of the owners claim Roborock does its job well and rarely gets stuck. Unlike other robot vacuums which give up and wait for the user to free it, the Roborock has some clever ways of getting itself untangled.
Also, they are surprised with how much dirt and dust the robot catches.
The fact that it's got 5 levels of suction, the robot is able to clean the whole house in Max mode on one charge.
Consumers with medium-pile carpets note that the robot doesn't have a problem with cleaning it as well as with going through thresholds.
Those who owned Roomba before comment that Roborock is refreshingly less noisy which is impressive considering the fact it comes with a powerful motor.
The amazing thing happens with people who have allergies because since they got Roborock the allergies appear to be gone. (at least that's what they say)
Overall consumers who bought Xiaomi Roborock is happy about it but nothing is perfect, right?
US users have some issues with connecting the Mi Home app to the US server. To fix it you need to connect the app via the European or China Region and then you'll be able to select this particular model. (For US users only)
Also, the robot works only with a 2.4 GHz router, not a 5 GHz.
How much does it cost & Where to buy
Xiaomi is available to buy on Amazon and GearBest.
If you decide to buy it on GearBest it will cost you $439 with the coupon code GB100-$20off- ($100 off).
Also, Roborock is available in rose-gold on Gearbest for $459.99.
In case you want to get Xiaomi Roborock on Amazon you are able to buy it for the price around $533.99. The product comes with the Amazon's Choice label as a high-rated item and if you in hurry you can get it in two-days for free by subscribing to Amazon Prime.
*please take note that the prices may change
Which one is better: Xiaomi Roborock vs Neato D7 Connected
When it comes to comparing the following robots there are is no better solution: which one to buy. The Roborock can mop, on the other hand, Neato compatible with Alexa which is a must-have this days. Both have strong suction power and do their job on carpets well. Both are good for people with allergies having the high-performance filtration system. Both robots are highly-rated products and deserve to be called the beasts in the industry. Neato D7 Connected vs Xiaomi Roborock - the best robot vacuum cleaners on the market so far (okay, we do not forget about Roomba which is fairly called one of the best either). So what do you think, which one is better? Let us know in the comment section down below.
WHERE TO BUY
- Xiaomi Xiaowa Review: an Affordable Robot Vacuum With a Strong Suction
- What Is a Robot Vacuum Cleaner & Why You Should Buy It?
- Shark Ion 750 vs Roomba 690
- Which One To Buy: ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 930 vs Xiaomi Roborock 2nd Gen Comparison
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Robot Vacuums With Mapping And Path Planning: Model Comparison Chart
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us to fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!