Which is better: the Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs. the Xiaomi Roborock 2 Comparison
Mar 29, 2018 7 min read
Neato is one of the most popular robot vacuum cleaners on the market. Xiaomi is the newbie but its robots are great! Let's see what is the difference between both models, which is the smartest one and why you should buy it.
Xiaomi Roborock vs Neato Botvac D7 Connected Comparison Chart
|Features & Specifications||Xiaomi Roborock||Neato D7 Connected|
|Runtime||150 min||120 min|
|Suction Power||2,000 Pa||2,000 Pa|
|Coverage Area||2690 ft2 / 250 m2||1290 ft2 / 120 m2|
|Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant||yes||yes|
|App||Mi Home||Neato Robotics|
|Digital Virtual Walls||yes||yes|
|Auto-Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Filtration||HEPA||Ultra Performance Filter|
|Smart Carpet Identification||yes||no|
|Dustbin Capacity||480 ml||700 ml|
|Noise Level||54-67 db||64 db|
|Surface||tile, hardwood, laminate, ceramic, vinyl, low and medium-pile carpets||tile, hardwood, laminate, ceramic, vinyl, low and medium-pile carpets|
|Good for carpet||yes||yes|
|Pet Hair Pick Up||yes||yes|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Weight||3.5 kg / 7.7 lbs||3.5 kg / 7.7 lbs|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||35.3 x 35 x 9.6 cm / 13.9 x 13.7 x 3.8 in||31.9 x 33.6 x 10 cm / 12.5 x 13.2 x 3.9 in|
|Amazon price||Check the price||Check the price|
The Xiaomi Roborock 2nd Generation
Xiaomi second generation robot is equipped with an intelligent system, SLAM, for mapping out a building interior for the best cleaning route. The battery perhaps lasts the longest in the industry. The newest cleaning brushes are made to prevent hair-tangling, which makes the Xiaomi Roborock ideal for picking up pet hair. The strong suction power picks up dust and dirt from most floor types.
The app gives detailed information about where the robot has been. You are also able to track the Xiaomi's movement in real-time as well as draw digital virtual walls just using your smartphone. You can send the robot to a specifit spot just by tapping on the screen of your smartphone. The robot's battery lasts over 2 hours, usually is enough to cover about 250 square meters. In case the machine does not finish its job, the robot will resume the session after recharging.
- Decent battery life
- Has a mopping feature
- With a 5200mAH capacity battery, the robot covers a large cleaning area in one charge
- Quiet operation
- User-friendly app
- Comes in three colors: white, black and rose-gold.
- a lack of accessories in the box
What does the Xiaomi 2nd Gen robot vacuum cleaner do
- Xiaomi Roborock is 2-in-1 robovac that can sweep and mop
- The SLAM technology creates a cleaning map and builds the most efficient path of cleaning on its own
- The app traces the route in real time and lets you assign virtual walls just by drawing on a map within the app
- The app gives detailed information about the whole cleaning session
- Comes with a highly-efficient anti-allergenic washable HEPA filter
- Even though the robot has a strong suction,it is equipped with a soft sieve on its bumper that provides quiet operation
- Designed with 13 sensors including LDS. These sensors help it not to bump into things, avoid falling, and keep the Roborock at a distance of 10 mm from the wall
- Has the Intelligent Carpet Identification that boosts the power to its maximum mode once it recognizes a carpet
- With its large wheels, the device can climbs obstacles up to 20mm.
- The 3-stage anti-tangled design prevents hair from getting stuck in the wheel, side brush, and rolling brush.
- Its 2000Pa suction power is one of the strongest in the industry
- In case Roborock hasn't finished its cleaning session, it gets back to recharge and then resumes from the same place it was.
Who the Xiaomi Roborock is designed for
- People with a fairly large home. With the big battery capacity and decent runtime, the robot covers more area than other top devices in the industry.
- Pet owners. Along with the anti-allergen washable HEPA filter, its newest brushes catches pet hair with ease.
- Thanks to the newest filter system, it is ideal for people who suffer from asthma or allergies.
- Homes with mostly carpeted surfaces. The strong suction power does its job well on most floor types.
- Since this robot can mop, it cleans all types of bare floors.
- Geeks. Consumers find it fascinating to see how Roborock creates a cleaning map.
What consumers say
Most owners claim that the Roborock does its job well and rarely gets stuck. Unlike other robot vacuums that give up and wait for the user to free it, the Roborock has some clever ways of getting itself untangled.
Also, they are surprised at how much dirt and dust the robot catches.
They like the fact that the robot has 5 levels of suction and is able to clean the whole house in Max mode on one charge.
Consumers with medium-pile carpets note that the robot doesn't have a problem with cleaning it or going through the thresholds.
Those who owned the Roomba before comment that the Roborock is refreshingly less noisy, which is impressive considering the fact that it comes with a powerful motor.
An amazing thing happens with people who have allergies. Since they got the Roborock, their allergies appear to be gone (at least that's what they say).
Overall consumers who bought the Xiaomi Roborock are happy with it, but nothing is perfect, right?
US users have some issues with connecting the Mi Home app to the US server. To fix it, you need to connect the app via the European or China Region and then you'll be able to select this particular model. (For US users only)
Also, the robot works only with a 2.4 GHz router, not a 5 GHz.
How much does it cost & where to buy
The Xiaomi is available on Amazon and GearBest.
If you decide to buy it on GearBest, it will cost you $398.99.
The Roborock is also available in a black color on Gearbest for $399.99.
In case you want to get the Xiaomi Roborock on Amazon, you are able to buy it for around $533.99. The product comes with the Amazon's Choice label as a high-rated item, and if you in hurry, you can get it in two days for free by subscribing to Amazon Prime.
*please take note that the prices may change
Xiaomi Roborock Video Review
The Neato D7 Connected
Like all the rest Neato's models, the D7 Connected has a D-shape form that helps it clean corners better than the round robovacs. It is equipped with the SLAM technology that creates a map of your floor and builds the most efficient way to clean. The map is uploaded to your phone where you can draw as many lines as you want to indicate the areas where you don't want the robot to go. The app allows you to see where the robot has cleaned and how long it took.
The Neato D7 Connected comes with a spiral combo brush designed for people with allergies and pet owners. The brush is suitable for any surface and can be cleaned with ease. Along with the brush, the Neato has a powerful motor and the Ultra Performance Filter that captures twice as many small particles and picks up more pet hair, transferring it to the dirt bin. The Neato D7 Connected gives you the deepest clean you can get. The device is compatible with smart devices such as Alexa and Google Home Assistant; accordingly you can control it by voice commands.
- Decent battery life
- Strong suction power
- Detailed cleaning maps
- Integration with smart gadgets
- Large dustbin
- A bit pricey
- Does not clean high-pile carpets
Robot vacuums mentioned in the article:
- Xiaomi Roborock S55 Black — from $419.99
- Neato Botvac D7 Connected — from $599.00
- Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd Generation) — from $399.99
What does the Neato Botvac D7 Connected do
- Thanks to its D-shape, the Neato D7 works better on corners and edges
- Compatible with smart devices such as Apple Watch, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, and more.
- The SLAM technology creates a map to plan an efficient cleaning route
- Virtual No-Go Lines allow for setting up zones you don’t want the robot to enter
- Neato D7 Connected comes with a magnetic strip that can also be used as a barrier
- Comes with two cleaning modes: Turbo and Eco. In the Turbo mode, the device runs about 90 minutes and is louder than when it works in the Eco mode.
- Spiral Combo Brush is the highest-performing brush, ideal for pet hair and the preferred solution for homes with different floor types.
- Ultra Performance Filter captures twice the small particles (0.3 microns) as competitors. The filter minimizes particulates in the air, making it perfect for people with allergies.
- Auto-recharge and Resume feature makes the robot finish its job after the battery runs low and gets back to recharge.
- The app gives % charge for the battery, so you always know when the device needs to be recharged.
Who the Neato D7 Connected is for
- People with low and medium-pile carpets and hard floors.
- Pet owners. Its cleaning brush is designed to pick up more pet hair.
- Tech geeks, people who love new technologies, those who own a big house. The robot covers up to a 460-square meter area in one charge.
- Homes with mostly carpeted surfaces. The strong suction power enables deep cleaning of low and medium-pile carpets.
- People sensitive to allergies.
What consumers say
For the most part, consumers are happy with the newest robot vacuum cleaner from Neato Botvac. They say it works great; setup is very easy and mostly involves downloading the app. Creating an account, logging into Wi-Fi, and naming the unit are a breeze. They note the impressive amount of hair and dirt it picks up. And most of the owners are happy with the map it creates.
However, there are some complains we can’t help but talk about.
The D7 Connected has issues when it comes to working on high-pile carpets and rugs. Also, sometimes it takes several attempts to connect the device to Wi-FI. With its shape, the robot can get stuck.
Price & where to buy
You can get the Neato D7 Connected on Amazon for around $800, which is more or less expected considering the fact that it is the latest top-level robot in Neato's model line. The product comes with the Amazon's Choice label as a high-rated product. If you are in a hurry, you can get it within 2 days if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.
*please take note that the price on Amazon may change
What is the difference between the Xiaomi Roborock and the Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- The Xiaomi comes with mopping. The Neato only sweeps
- The Roborock is less noisy
- Along with a possibility of creating virtual walls, the Neato Botvac D7 Connected comes with a magnetic stripe. The Roborock only has the ability of setting virtual walls
- The D7 Connected is equipped with a large 700 ml dustbin, the Roborock has a 480 ml container
- The Xiaomi works 30 minute longer than the Neato
- The Botvac D7 Connected is a D-shape robot that supposed to clean corners better
- Because of its shape, the Neato seems to stuck more often than the Xiaomi
- The Roborock is equipped with a washable filter
- The Xiaomi Roborock comes with the Carpet Boost that provides deeper carpet cleaning
- The Xiaomi Roborock costs $100 less than the Neato Botvac D7 Connected
Which one is better: the Xiaomi Roborock vs the Neato D7 Connected?
When it comes to comparing the following robots, there are is no better solution about which one to buy than this. The Roborock can mop; on the other hand, the Neato has a shape that is better at cleaning corners. Both have strong suction and do their job well on carpets. Both are good for people with allergies thanks to a high-performance filtration system. Both robots are highly-rated products and deserve to be called the beasts of the industry.
The Xiaomi Roborock is better for homes with mixed surfaces and bare floors because of the mopping. Along with that, the machine performs great in thin and medium carpets.
The Botvac D7 Connected is ideal for mixed and mostly carpeted surfaces.
The Neato D7 Connected and the Xiaomi Roborock and the best robot vacuum cleaners on the market so far (okay, we did not forget about the Roomba which is fairly called one of the best too). So what do you think, which is better? Let us know in the comment section below.
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
WHERE TO BUY
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Neato Botvac D6 Connected vs. Xiaomi Roborock S55 Black Comparison
- iRobot Roomba 895 vs. Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd Generation) Comparison Chart
- Xiaomi Roborock S50 vs. VIOMI VXRS01 Comparison Chart
- Comparing Neato Botvac D5 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- Compare ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 vs. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- The Xiaomi Roborock S55 Review: an Intelligent and Powerful Robot Vacuum Cleaner You Always Wished To Have
- Is the 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Better Than the Roomba 980? Model Comparison Chart
- The XShuai HXS - C3: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Camera, Smart Navigation, and Alexa Support
- The Xiaomi VIOMI VXRS01: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Mapping and App control
- 5 Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners With Mapping