Which is better: the Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs. the Xiaomi Roborock 2: Our Comparison
Mar 29, 2018 6 min read
Xiaomi Roborock vs Neato Botvac D7 Connected Comparison Chart
|Features & Specifications||Xiaomi Roborock||Neato D7 Connected|
|Runtime||150 min||120 min|
|Suction Power||2,000 Pa||2,000 Pa|
|Coverage Area||2690 ft2 / 250 m2||5000 ft2 / 460 m2|
|Amazon Alexa / Google Assistant||no||yes|
|App||Mi Home||Neato Robotics|
|Digital Virtual Walls||yes||yes|
|Auto-Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Filtration||HEPA||Ultra Performance Filter|
|Dustbin Capacity||480 ml||700 ml|
|Noise Level||54-67 db||64 db|
|Surface||tile, hardwood, laminate, ceramic, vinyl, low and medium-pile carpets||tile, hardwood, laminate, ceramic, vinyl, low and medium-pile carpets|
|Good for carpet||yes||yes|
|Pet Hair Pick Up||yes||yes|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Weight||3.5kg / 7.7 lbs||3.5 kg / 7.7 lbs|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||35.3x35x9.6cm / 13.9x13.7x3.8in||31.9x33.6x10cm / 12.5x13.2x3.9in|
|Amazon price||Check the price||Check the price|
The Neato D7 Connected
- Decent battery life
- Strong suction power
- Detailed cleaning maps
- Integration with smart gadgets
- Large dustbin
- A bit pricey
- Does not clean high-pile carpets
A Quick Look
Like all the rest Neato's models, the D7 Connected has a D-shape form that helps it clean corners better than the round robovacs. It is equipped with the SLAM technology that creates a map of your floor and builds the most efficient way to clean. The map is uploaded to your phone where you can draw as many lines as you want to indicate the areas where you don't want the robot to go. The app allows you to see where the robot has cleaned and how long it took.
The Neato D7 Connected comes with a spiral combo brush designed for people with allergies and pet owners. The brush is suitable for any surface and can be cleaned with ease. Along with the brush, the Neato has a powerful motor and the Ultra Performance Filter that captures twice as many small particles and picks up more pet hair, transferring it to the dirt bin. The Neato D7 Connected gives you the deepest clean you can get. The device is compatible with smart devices such as Alexa and Google Home Assistant; accordingly you can control it by voice commands.
What does the Neato Botvac D7 Connected do
- Thanks to its D-shape, the Neato D7 works better on corners and edges
- Compatible with smart devices such as Apple Watch, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT, and more.
- The SLAM technology creates a map to plan an efficient cleaning route
- Virtual No-Go Lines allow for setting up zones you don’t want the robot to enter
- Neato D7 Connected comes with a magnetic strip that can also be used as a barrier
- Comes with two cleaning modes: turbo and eco. In turbo mode, the device runs about 90 minutes and is louder than when it works in eco mode.
- Spiral Combo Brush is the highest-performing brush, ideal for pet hair and the preferred solution for homes with different floor types.
- Ultra Performance Filter captures twice the small particles (0.3 microns) as competitors. The filter minimizes particulates in the air, making it perfect for people with allergies.
- Auto-recharge and Resume feature makes the robot finish its job after the battery runs low and gets back to recharge.
- The app gives % charge for the battery, so you always know when the device needs to be recharged.
Who the Neato D7 Connected is for
- People with low and medium-pile carpets and hard floors.
- Pet owners. Its cleaning brush is designed to pick up more pet hair.
- Tech geeks, people who love new technologies, those who own a big house. The robot covers up to a 460-square meter area in one charge.
- Homes with mostly carpeted surfaces. The strong suction power enables deep cleaning of low and medium-pile carpets.
- People sensitive to allergies.
What consumers say
For the most part, consumers are happy with the newest robot vacuum cleaner from Neato Botvac. They say it works great; setup is very easy and mostly involves downloading the app. Creating an account, logging into Wi-Fi, and naming the unit are a breeze. They note the impressive amount of hair and dirt it picks up. And most of the owners are happy with the map it creates.
However, there are some complains we can’t help but talk about.
The D7 Connected has issues when it comes to working on high-pile carpets and rugs. Also, sometimes it takes several attempts to connect the device to Wi-FI. With its shape, the robot can get stuck. Some consumers claim that the floor plans aren’t accurate.
Price & where to buy
You can get the Neato D7 Connected on Amazon for around $800, which is more or less expected considering the fact that it is the latest top-level robot in Neato's model line. The product comes with the Amazon's Choice label as a high-rated product. If you are in a hurry, you can get it within 2 days if you subscribe to Amazon Prime.
*please take note that the price on Amazon may change
The Xiaomi Roborock 2nd Generation
Xiaomi second generation robot is equipped with an intelligent system, SLAM, for mapping out a building interior for the best cleaning route. The battery perhaps lasts the longest in the industry. The newest cleaning brushes are made to prevent hair-tangling, which makes the Xiaomi Roborock ideal for picking up pet hair. The strong suction power picks up dust and dirt from most floor types.
The app gives detailed information about where the robot has been. You are also able to track the Xiaomi's movement in real-time as well as draw digital virtual walls just using your smartphone. The robot's battery lasts over 2 hours, usually is enough to cover about 250 square meters. In case the machine does not finish its job, the robot will resume the session after recharging.
- Decent battery life
- Has a mopping feature
- With a 5200mAH capacity battery, the robot covers a large cleaning area in one charge
- Quiet operation
- User-friendly app
- Doesn't support Alexa or Amazon Assistant
What does the Xiaomi 2nd Gen robot vacuum cleaner do
- Xiaomi Roborock is 2-in-1 robovac that can sweep and mop
- The SLAM technology creates a cleaning map and builds the most efficient path on its own
- The app traces the route in real time and lets you assign virtual walls just by drawing on a map within the app
- The app gives detailed information about the whole cleaning session
- Comes with a highly-efficient anti-allergenic HEPA filter
- Even though the robot has a powerful ,it is equipped with a soft bumper that provides quiet operation
- Designed with 13 sensors including LDS that help it not to bump into things, avoid falling, and keep the Roborock at a distance of 10 mm from the wall
- Has Intelligent Carpet Identification that boosts the power to its maximum mode once it recognizes a carpet
- With its large wheels, the device can climbs obstacles up to 20mm.
- The 3-stage anti-tangled design prevents hair from getting stuck in the wheel, side brush, and rolling brush.
- Its 2000Pa suction power is maybe the strongest in the industry
- In case Roborock hasn't finished its cleaning session, it gets back to recharge and then resumes from the same place it was.
Who the Xiaomi Roborock designed is for
- People with a fairly large home. With the big battery capacity and decent runtime, the robot covers more area than other top devices in the industry.
- Pet owners. Along with the anti-allergen washable HEPA filter, its newest brushes catches pet hair with ease.
- Thanks to the newest filter system, it is ideal for people who suffer from asthma or allergies.
- Homes with mostly carpeted surfaces. The strong suction power does its job well on most floor types.
- Since this robot can mop, it cleans all types of bare floors.
- Geeks. Consumers find it fascinating to see how Roborock creates a cleaning map.
What consumers say
Most owners claim that the Roborock does its job well and rarely gets stuck. Unlike other robot vacuums that give up and wait for the user to free it, the Roborock has some clever ways of getting itself untangled.
Also, they are surprised at how much dirt and dust the robot catches.
They like the fact that the robot has 5 levels of suction and is able to clean the whole house in Max mode on one charge.
Consumers with medium-pile carpets note that the robot doesn't have a problem with cleaning it or going through the thresholds.
Those who owned the Roomba before comment that the Roborock is refreshingly less noisy, which is impressive considering the fact that it comes with a powerful motor.
An amazing thing happens with people who have allergies. Since they got the Roborock, their allergies appear to be gone (at least that's what they say).
Overall consumers who bought the Xiaomi Roborock are happy with it, but nothing is perfect, right?
US users have some issues with connecting the Mi Home app to the US server. To fix it, you need to connect the app via the European or China Region and then you'll be able to select this particular model. (For US users only)
Also, the robot works only with a 2.4 GHz router, not a 5 GHz.
How much does it cost & where to buy
The Xiaomi is available on Amazon and GearBest.
If you decide to buy it on GearBest, it will cost you $399.99 (limited offer, valid until August, 31).
The Roborock is also available in a black color on Gearbest for $559.99.
In case you want to get the Xiaomi Roborock on Amazon, you are able to buy it for around $533.99. The product comes with the Amazon's Choice label as a high-rated item, and if you in hurry, you can get it in two days for free by subscribing to Amazon Prime.
*please take note that the prices may change
Which one is better: the Xiaomi Roborock vs the Neato D7 Connected?
When it comes to comparing the following robots, there are is no better solution about which one to buy than this. The Roborock can mop; on the other hand, the Neato is compatible with Alexa which is a must-have this days. Both have strong suction power and do their job well on carpets. Both are good for people with allergies having a high-performance filtration system. Both robots are highly-rated products and deserve to be called the beasts of the industry. The Neato D7 Connected and the Xiaomi Roborock and the best robot vacuum cleaners on the market so far (okay, we did not forget about the Roomba which is fairly called one of the best too). So what do you think, which is better? Let us know in the comment section below.
WHERE TO BUY
Share with friends:
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Comparing Neato Botvac D5 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- Compare ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 930 vs. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- Compare 360 S6 Robot Vacuum vs. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- Comparing 360 S6 Robot Vacuum vs. Xiaomi Roborock 2
- Compare Proscenic 790T vs. Xiaomi 2nd Gen Roborock
- TOP 5 Best Robot Vacuums with Intelligent Mapping Technology
- Which Roomba is Worth Buying in 2018: Model Comparison Chart
- Meet the Newest 360 S6 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: Is it a New Roomba Killer?
- The Difference Between ECOVACS and Roomba: Which Robot Vacuum Cleaner Should You Buy?
- ECOVACS Deebot R95 vs Neato Botvac Connected Comparison Guide
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!