The ILIFE V7S Pro Review: The Budget Robot Worth Buying
- Review of:
- ILIFE V7S Pro
- Brand name:
- V7S Pro
- Reviewed by:
- Michael Fisher
- Published On:
- December 30, 2017
- Edited On:
- December 10, 2018
It mops and sweeps; it looks nice with its minimalist design and rose gold finish. The robot has enough power to sweep a carpet and can make your bare floor clean with the wet mopping function. The vacuum runs for the whole 2 hours without recharging. Although it doesn't have an app and comes without intelligent navigation, the iLIFE V7S Pro does many things for its price. I definitely recommend to buy this robot vacuum cleaner for consumers.
Table of Contents
- The ILIFE V7S Pro review
- First Glance
- What in the box
- Cleaning performance
- Dustbin and filtration
- Dimensions & Weight
- Remote control
- Mopping function
- Sweeping function
- What's the difference between the ILIFE V7s and the ILIFE V7s Pro
- What's the difference between the ILIFE V7s Pro and the ILIFE V7?
- Good things about the ILIFE V7S Pro
- What could be better
- ILIFE V7S Pro Features
- ILIFE V7S Pro Specifications
- Price & Where to buy
- To Buy or not to Buy? Is the ILIFE V7S Pro the best robot vacuum for less than $200?
The ILIFE V7S Pro review
A week ago, I received the amazing ILIFE V7S Pro robot vacuum cleaner from GearBest which is a big plus, since I have an amazing opportunity to test the device. Actually, I've been using the first version of the V7 line ILIFE V7 for about 2 years now, so I already knew what to expect from the third generation. Both have similar dimensions, and both have the same exact look except for the color difference. The new ILIFE V7S Pro comes with two modes: wet mopping and sweeping since the V7 only sweeps. It makes the new generation perfect for both types of floors: bare floors and carpeted surface (except high-pile carpets). Despite the fact than the device has only 600 Pa suction power, it sweeps the carpet well, especially if you clean at least twice a week. Even considering less suction power than the ILIFE A6, the Roborock S5 or the Roomba 980 built for carpets, it works great considering its price tag and features. To be honest, I'm very happy with my V7 robovac and the V7S Pro is even better.
Check It Out on GearBest Use the code IT$APV7SPRO and get the robot for $153.38
At first sight, the robot looks cool with its rose gold finish and modern and minimalist design. On the top of the body is located a button that changes its color. When the vacuum needs to charge, it changes the color to red; when it's charging, it becomes a blinking light green; it turns green when the battery is full. Also, you can see a lid on the top of the robot. Once you pressed it, you have access to the dustbin and water tank. A soft rubber bumper surrounds the body with sensors that prevent it from collisions.
On the bottom is a side brush that agitates the dirt from the edges of walls and furniture. The main double-V brush has rubber layers to help scrape stubborn dirt that it sends to the dustbin. The roller brush is constructed in such a way that anyone can rid it of tangled hair with ease. The four drop infrared sensors enable the iLIFE V7S to avoid obstacles and sharp drops from stairs. The rubber wheels are big enough to climb up to 1/2 inch (10mm) obstacles. On the bottom of the device, you can see a microfiber cloth for wet mopping that can be removed once you want the cleaner to sweep.
What in the box
- the robot
- water tank
- extra 77.5 sq.in microfiber cloth
- extra side brush
- cleaning brush
- extra filters
- remote control with two AAA batteries
- charging dock
The ILIFE V7S Pro runs over the room in a random way. It doesn't have an intelligent planning system but does its job amazingly well. The 600 Pa suction power might not be enough to clean dried stains on a carpet, but the robot sweeps well and makes the carpet clean enough if you turn it on twice a week or more often. The mopping function is helpful for days when you might be not able to clean the bare floor; but, honestly, I would use this option every time I want to wet mop my floors.
The robot is not as efficient as the Xiaomi Mi Robot, the Roborock S5 or the Roomba 980. The ILIFE V7S Pro needs more time to clean the house than more expensive vacuum cleaners with an intelligent planning system. Still, the device works for the whole 140 minutes which is pretty impressive considering its price. The most prominent feature is quiet operation so you even can sleep when it's working. It produces less than 60db. The remote control allows you to select from 4 cleaning modes: auto makes the cleaner run around the room, edge mode helps it to clean borders, spot mode needs for cleaning a specific area, and scheduled cleaning programs it when you need it to clean. Overall, the device is super easy to maintain with a brush located on the bottom of the robot. You can easily remove the dustbin and clean it out in a few seconds with one hand.
Dustbin and filtration
The ILIFE V7S Pro uses a dual HEPA filtration system. The filters are not washable, but you can clean it with the cleaning brush that comes in the box.
The dustbin has 500 ml capacity, one of the largest capacity bins on the market.
Dimensions & Weight
The robot measures 3.2 inches tall and 13.5 inches in diameter. It weighs 6.5 pounds.
Unfortunately, this version cannot be controlled by your smartphone, but it does have a remote control. You can manually change direction, set up a time when you want it to clean, select a cleaning mode, start cleaning and get the device back to its charging dock. The charging dock has a place on the top for the remote control.
The biggest difference between the iLIFE V7S Pro and the previous iLife V7S is a water tank. This robovac is included on our list of the best robot mops. It doesn't drip when the robot is charging or stops. The third generation not only sweep but mops as well, which makes it perfect for bare floors. The water dustbin holds about 450 ml of water.
The robot vacuum has a one side Z-form brush and one main cleaning brush with V-type bristles that provide the maximum effective cleaning. The main brush perfectly collects hair from the floor and carpets. The side brush helps get the corners of the room clean. The suction power of the ILIFE V7S Pro is not very impressive; it sucks out less dust from carpets compared to the more powerful and expensive Roomba and Xiaomi robot vacuums, but it is still enough for everyday use.
The ILIFE V7S Pro works good on tile, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, thin carpet, etc., but on rough and thick carpets, it can stuck on the border. My rugs have a 1/2-inch thickness, and sometimes the robot can't cross the border the first time and gets stuck for a few seconds. So if you have thick and fleecy carpets, I would recommend the more expensive robovacs suitable for carpets.
A 2600 mAh Li-Ion battery delivers about 600 Pa suction power and cleans your home continuously for up to 140 minutes. It takes 300 minutes to charge.
What's the difference between the ILIFE V7s and the ILIFE V7s Pro
The third generation comes with the new upgraded version of the water tank. It is equipped with a pump to control dripping. The water tank does not leak when the device is not running. The ILIFE V7S Pro has a better performing mopping function.
What's the difference between the ILIFE V7s Pro and the ILIFE V7?
The ILIFE V7 is the first generation of the V-line series. It only sweeps while the iLIFE V7S Pro can do wet mopping as well and covers a cleaning area of about 220m2 (V7 does 150m2).
Good things about the ILIFE V7S Pro
- Wet mopping & sweeping function.
- Quiet operation.
- Many extra accessories are coming in the box.
- One of the largest dustbins on the market.
- The improved water tank that doesn't drip when the robot stops.
- It works for 2 hours and 20 minutes, covering about 220 square meters.
- Cleans all floor types.
- Decent cleaning performance even on carpets/rugs.
- 2-stage HEPA filtration.
- Affordable price.
- Scheduling feature: the robot can work when you are not home.
- The nice rose gold finish looks fantastic.
What could be better
- There is no mapping function or smart navigation system, so it moves randomly and spends more time than the more expensive robots with an intelligent planning system.
- Doesn't go over black carpets (most likely due to infrared anti-drop sensors located at the bottom of the body).
ILIFE V7S Pro Features
- Has sweeping, dry mopping and wet mopping functionality.
- It is quiet; produces only 60 dB of noise.
- 450 ml water tank and 500 ml dustbin which is one of the biggest on the market.
- Runs up to 140 minutes (2 hours and 20 minutes), covering about 220 square meters.
- Anti-drop and anti-collision system that prevents the robot from falling and bumping into furniture.
- Cleans all types of floors.
- The ILIFE V7S Pro uses a two-filter HEPA system that prevents dust from getting back into the air.
- It can be scheduled for everyday automatic cleaning.
- The water tank uses an upgraded mechanism that stops water from dripping when the vacuum cleaner stops.
- Comes with lots of accessories in the box.
- Dual HEPA filtration.
- Upgraded software allows to schedule the robot to mop on its own.
- The remote control that allows operating the robot vacuum, set up a cleaning schedule, and also to select the cleaning mode.
- Smart dustbin detection technology alerts you in case the dustbin has not been inserted.
ILIFE V7S Pro Specifications
|Full Specs||iLIFE V7S Pro|
|Cleaning radius||80 - 220m2|
|Dust bin capacity||500ml|
|Water Tank Capacity||450ml|
|Noise Level||less than 60dB|
|Robot Weight||6.5lb (2.9 kg)|
|Robot size||13.39 x 3.15inches (34 x 8cm)|
|Border Cleaning Mode||yes|
|Concentration Cleaning Mode||yes|
|Filter Type||HEPA filter|
|In the Box||Robot Vacuum, Charging Base + Adapter, Remote Controller (2 AAA Batteries included), 2 Side Brushes, Mop, Cleaning Brush, Dust Box, Water Tank Box|
Price & Where to buy
The ILIFE V7S Pro is available on Gearbest.
To Buy or not to Buy? Is the ILIFE V7S Pro the best robot vacuum for less than $200?
The ILIFE V7S Pro has its pros and cons, but I still think it is the best budget robot vacuum cleaner you can get for about $200. It mops and sweeps; it looks nice with its minimalist design and rose gold finish. The robot has enough power to sweep a carpet and can make your bare floor clean with the wet mopping function. The vacuum runs for the whole 2 hours without recharging. Although it doesn't have an app and comes without intelligent navigation, the ILIFE V7S Pro does many things for its price. I definitely recommend this robot vacuum cleaner.
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
- Roborock S6 vs. Roomba i7+: The Differences Explained
- Viomi V2 vs Roborock S6: the Differences Explained
- Roborock S6 Hands On Review: What to Expect From the Newest Robot Vacuum
- 360 S5 vs. Xiaomi Mi Robot: Is the Newest Robot Vacuum Better Than Xiaomi?
- Viomi V2 - An Intelligent Robot Vacuum For Carpet