ILIFE V7S Pro Review: The Budget Robot Worth Buying
- Review of:
- ILIFE V7S Pro
- Brand name:
- V7S Pro
- Reviewed by:
- Michael Fisher
Published On: December 30, 2017
Edited On: March 12, 2018
It mops and sweeps, it looks nice with its minimalist design and rose gold finish. The robot has enough power to sweep a carpet and can make your bare floor clean with the wet mopping function. The vacuum runs for the whole 2 hours without recharging. Although it doesn't have an app and comes without intelligent navigation, iLIFE V7S Pro does many things for its price. I definitely recommend this robot vacuum cleaner to buy.
Table of Contents (Jump to)
iLIFE V7S Pro review
A week ago I received an amazing ILIFE V7S Pro robot vacuum cleaner from GearBest which is a big thanks since I have an amazing opportunity to test the device. Actually, I've been using the first version of the V7 line ILIFE V7 for about 2 years now so I already knew what to expect from the thirt generation. Both have similar dimensions, both have the same exact look except the color difference. The new ILIFE V7S Pro comes with two modes: wet mopping and sweeping since V7 only sweeps. It makes the new generation perfect for both types of floor: bare floor and carpeting surface (except high-pile carpets). Despite the fact than the device has only 600 Pa suction power it sweeps the carpet well especially if you would clean at least twice a week. Even considering less suction power than iLife A6, Xiaomi Roborock or Roomba 980 that were built for carpets, it works great considering its price tag and all the features. To be honest I'm very happy with my V7 robovac and V7S Pro is even better.
At the first sight, the robot looks cool with its rose gold finish, modern and minimalist design. On the top of the body located one button that changes its color. When the vacuum needs to charge it changes the color to red, when it's charging it becomes light green blinking color, and it's green when the battery is full. Also you can see a lid on the top of robot, once you pressed it you have an access to dust bin and water tank. The body is surrounded by a soft rubber bamper with sensors that prevent it from collisions.
On the bottom there are one side brush that agitates the dirt from the edges of walls and furniture. The main double-V brush has rubber layers to help scrape stubborn dirt and then sends it into dustbin. The rolled brush constructed in such a way that that anyone can clean it from tangled hair with ease. The 4 drop infrared sensors enable iLIFE V7S to avoid obstacles and sharp drops from stairs. Rubber wheels are big enough to climb up to 1/2 inches (10mm) obstacles. Also, on the bottom of the device you can see a microfiber cloth for wet mopping that can be removed once you want the cleaner to sweep.
What in the box
- the robot
- water tank
- extra 77.5 sq.in microfiber cloth
- extra side brush
- cleaning brush
- extra filters
- remote control with two AAA batteries
- charging dock
ILIFE V7S Pro runs over the room in a pretty random way. It doesn't have an intelligent planning system, but does its job amazingly good though. The 600 Pa suction power maybe isn't enough to clean dried stains on a carpet but the robot sweeps good and makes the carpet clean enough if you would turn it on twice a week or even often. The mopping function is helpful for the days when you might be not able to clean the bare floor but honestly I would use this option every time I want to wet mop my floors.
The robot is not as efficient as Xiaomi Mi Robot, Roborock or Roomba 980. ILIFE V7S Pro needs more time to clean the house than more expensive vacuum cleaners that has an intelligent planning system. Still the device works for the whole 140 min which is pretty impressive consider its price. The biggest feature is quite operation so you even can sleep when it's working, it produces less than 60db. The remote control allows to select from 4 cleaning modes: Auto mode makes the cleaner run around the room, edge mode helps it to clean borders, spot mode needs for cleaning a specific area and scheduled cleaning to clean when you need to. Overall the device is super easy to maintain. It is easy to clean the dustbin from the dust and a brush that located on the bottom of the robot, you can easily remove the dustbin and clean it out in a few seconds with one hand.
Dustbin and filtration
The ILIFE V7S Pro uses dual HEPA filtration system. The filters are not washable but you can clean it with a cleaning brush that comes in the box.
The dustbin has 500 ml capacity which is one of the largest capacity bins in the market.
Dimensions & Weight
The robot is 3.2 inches tall and 13.5 inches in diameter. Weighs 6.5 pounds.
Unfortunately, this version can not be controlled by your smartphone, but it does have a remote control. You can manually change direction, set up time when you want it to clean, select a cleaning mode, start cleaning and get the device back to its charging dock. The charging dock has a place on the top for the remote controller.
The biggest difference between the iLIFE V7S Pro and the previous iLife V7S is a water tank. This robovac included to our list of the best robot mops. Now it doesn't drip when the robot is charging or stops. The third generation not only sweep but mops as well which makes it perfect for bare floors. The water dustbin holds about 450 ml of water.
The robot vacuum has one side Z-form brush and one main cleaning brush with V-type of bristles which provide the maximum effective cleaning. The main brush perfectly collects hair from the floor and carpets. Side brush helps to get clean the corners of the rooms. Suction power of ILIFE V7S Pro is not very impressive so it can suck out less dust from the carpets compared to more powerful and expensive Roomba and Xiaomi robot vacuums, but it is still enough for everyday use.
ILIFE V7S Pro works good on tile, hardwoods, laminate, vinyl, thin carpets etc, but on rough and thick carpets it can stuck on the border. My rugs have 1/2 inch thickness and sometimes the robot can't cross the border the first time and stuck on it for a few seconds. So if you have thick and fleecy carpets I would recommend you to buy some more expensive robovacs that are suitable for carpets.
A 2600 mAh Li-Ion battery delivers about 600 Pa suction power and cleans your home continuously for up to 140 minutes. It takes 300 min to charge.
What's the difference beetweer ILIFE V7s and ILIFE V7s Pro
The third generation comes with the new upgraded version of the water tank. It equipped with the pump to control dripping. The water tank dose not leak, when the device is not running. It makes the ILIFE V7S Pro better perform mopping function.
What's the difference between ILIFE V7s Pro and ILIFE V7?
ILIFE V7 is the first generation of V-line series. It only sweeps while iLIFE V7S Pro can do wet mopping as well and covers cleaning area about 220m2 (V7 does 150m2).
Good things the iLive V7S Pro does
- Wet mopping & sweeping function.
- Quite operation.
- Many extra accessories coming in the box.
- The one of the largest dustbin on the market.
- Improved water tank that doesn't drip when the robot stops.
- It works for 2 hours and 20 min covering about 220 square meters.
- Cleans all floor types.
- Decent cleaning performance even when it comes with carpet/rug.
- 2-stage HEPA filtration.
- Affordable price.
- Schdeduling feature. The robot can work when you are not home.
- The nice rose gold finish that looks fantastic.
What could be better
- There is no mapping function or smart navigation system, so it moves randomly and spend more time than more expensive robots with an intelligent planning system.
- Doesn't go over black color carpets (most likely this is due to infrared anti-drop sensors located at the bottom of the body).
Nice rose gold finish that looks fantastic.
ILIFE V7S Pro Features
- Has sweeping, dry mopping and wet mopping functionality.
- It is quite. Produces only 60 db of noise.
- 450 ml water tank and 500 ml dustbin which is one of the biggest on the market.
- Runs up to 140 min (2 hours and 20 min) that means it can cover about 220 square meters.
- Anti-drop and anti-collusion system that prevents the robot from failing and bumping into furniture.
- Cleans all types of floors.
- The ILIFE V7S Pro uses two-filter HEPA system that prevents the dust from getting back into the air.
- It can be scheduled for everyday automatic cleaning.
- The water tank uses an upgraded mechanism that stops water from dripping when the vacuum cleaner stops.
- Comes with a bunch of accessories in the box.
- The dual HEPA filtration.
- Upgraded software allows to schedule the robot to mop on its own.
- Remote control that allows to operate the robot vacuum, set up cleaning schedule, and also to select the cleaning mode.
- Smart dust bin detection technology alerts you in case the dust bin is forgotten to be inserted.
ILIFE V7S Pro Specifications
|Full Specs||iLIFE V7S Pro|
|Cleaning radius||80 - 220m2|
|Dust bin capacity||500ml|
|Water Tank Capacity||450ml|
|Noise Level||less than 60dB|
|Robot Weight||6.5lb (2.9 kg)|
|Robot size||13.39 x 3.15inches (34 x 8cm)|
|Border Cleaning Mode||yes|
|Concentration Cleaning Mode||yes|
|Filter Type||HEPA filter|
|In the Box||1 x Robot Vacuum, 1 x Charging Base, 1 x Remote Controller, 1 x AC/DC Adapter, 2 x Side Brushes, 1 x Mop, 2 x AAA Batteries, 1 x Cleaning Brush, 1 x Dust Box, 1 x Water Tank Box|
To Buy or not to Buy? Is iLIFE V7S Pro the best robot vacuum for a price that's less than $200?
iLife V7S Pro has its pros and cons but I still think it is the best budget robot vacuum cleaner you can get for about $200. It mops and sweeps, it looks nice with its minimalist design and rose gold finish. The robot has enough power to sweep a carpet and can make your bare floor clean with the wet mopping function. The vacuum runs for the whole 2 hours without recharging. Although it doesn't have an app and comes without intelligent navigation, iLIFE V7S Pro does many things for its price. I definitely recommend this robot vacuum cleaner to buy.
Share with friends:
- Roomba Comparison Chart 2018
- Xiaowa Lite Robot Vacuum Cleaner The Powerful Robovac From Xiaomi For Under $200
- ILIFE A8 vs Xiaomi Mi Robot comparison: which one is better?
- iLIFE V8S The Smart Flagship Robot Vacuum For Under $250
- Is The Housmile Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Best Cheap Home Assistant To Buy In 2018?
TOP-10 Robot vacuums
15 july 2017, 05:18
11 july 2017, 02:59
23 november 2017, 08:05
03 august 2017, 06:58
22 december 2017, 08:20
05 march 2018, 03:33
26 february 2018, 06:55