The Newest ILIFE A9S Released With an Improved Wet Mopping And Camera Based Intelligent Navigation
Table of Contents
- ILIFE A9S Features
- New Design With Vinyl Finish
- Camera-based Mapping & Intelligent Navigation
- Battery life, recharge & resume
- App Control
- Electrowall: Virtual Boundaries
- The Newest Wet Mopping Technology With Vibrating Mopping Pad
- ILIFE A9S Specs and Features
ILIFE Innovation Ltd., one of the world's leading manufacturers of home robotics, just released their new flagship robot vacuum cleaner, the ILIFE A9S, which was recently debuted at CES 2019 in Shenzhen, China. It is already available to buy on AliExpress for the price of around $330. The new robot vacuum promises a few innovations compared to the oldest models such as an improved wet mopping, camera-based intelligent navigation, new virtual walls etc. Considering the big popularity and high customer ratings of ILIFE robot vacuums, the ILIFE A9S definitely deserves more customers attention. Let's take a closer look at this model and check if it worth the price.
ILIFE A9S Features
- Mop and sweep. It is the first ILIFE robot vacuum that has a pioneering vibrating water tank
- In the app, you can track it in real-time
- Scheduling up to 7 times a week
- Short body allows getting under most furniture
- Recharge & resume helps to finish cleaning even if the battery runs low
- OBS all-terrain detection system helps the robot to navigate around without getting bumped into furniture and falling down
- Electrowall makes an invisible boundary to keep the ILIFE from wandering.
New Design With Vinyl Finish
The ILIFE A9S has a classic vinyl finish. It does not look like its older brothers. The design is not as minimalist as it used to be. There is a mix of black and dark grey colors.
On top, there is a camera sensor with a 1/4 lens size, a power button, and a Wi-Fi indicator.
There is a port for a direct recharge that is housed on the side.
Underneath, there are two side sweepers, one main brush and big rubber wheels. Actually, underneath it looks the same as the other ILIFE models.
These side brushes help the vacuum cleaner bring the debris to the main brush that then sucks it up to the 600 ml dustbin.
The dustbin gets inserted from the side by sliding; the container is also easy to get when cleaning is done. To change it with a water container, remove the dirtbin to insert the 300 ml water tank.
Inside the dirt box, you will find a HEPA filter that is ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers.
Camera-based Mapping & Intelligent Navigation
The camera sensor that is located on top scans the surroundings to build a map that will help the robot to navigate around without redoing the same areas or missing uncleaned zones.
The robot navigates back-and-forth in straight lines.
Please note, the cliff sensors "think" black carpet is a drop-off, so they prevent the cleaner from going over it. Most of robot cleaners face it.
The robot is equipped with a voice assistant that alerts about what's going on.
Battery life, recharge & resume
According to ILIFE, the A9S lasts up to 2 hours before it needs to recharge. Recharging takes about 5 hours. It navigates back to the base station, charges up and then finishes cleaning to get the deed done. This feature makes the ILIFE A9S suitable for bigger homes.
The ILIFE A9S supports Wi-Fi and comes with the ILIFE Robot app. In the app, you can track the A9S in real-time, switch between cleaning modes, start/stop it, schedule the robot to clean at a specific time up to 7 times a week, etc.
The app and remote control allow managing the robot's movements manually.
One of the things that ILIFE didn't have before - controlling water dripping level. In the app, there are three stages of water leaking which you can choose depending on your mopping needs.
Also, the app lets you know when you need to replace the brushes and HEPA filter.
Electrowall: Virtual Boundaries
The ILIFE A9S comes equipped with an Electrowall. It builds an invisible barrier up to 3 meters long preventing the robot from crossing it.
The Newest Wet Mopping Technology With Vibrating Mopping Pad
Since the ILIFE A9S can sweep and mop, it has a water container and two mop cloths in the box.
The water tank has a built-in vibrating motor that keeps the cloth close to the floor providing thoughtful cleaning.
Previous water tank systems imitated mopping by just sliding the cloth around the floor leaving wet marks on it. ILIFE claims the new technology is more efficient.
As we mentioned before, you can control the level of water dripping in the app.
This tank is big enough to cover a large area before getting dry.
The mop is removable and can be washed in a washing machine.
ILIFE A9S Specs and Features
|Suction Power (Pa)||1000|
|Working Time (min)||90|
|Battery capacity (mAh)||2,600|
|Dust Bin Capacity (ml/oz)||600 / 20.2|
|Water Box Capacity (ml)||300|
|Amazon Alexa/Google Home Support||no|
|Mapping technology||camera & gyroscope|
|Weight (lbs/kg)||5.6 / 2.5|
|Height (in/cm)||2.9 / 7.6|
|Width (in/cm)||12.9 / 33|
|Accessories||charging dock, adapter, water tank, extra mop cloth, cleaning tool, two extra side brushes, remote control (batteries included), extra HEPA filter|
Pros of the ILIFE A9S
- Upgraded mopping system
- Long battery life
- HEPA filtration
- The ability to control the level of water dripping in the app
- Tracking it in real-time
- Voice prompt
- Mapping makes cleaning more efficient because the robot does not repeat the same spots twice
- Recharge & resume helps to finish cleaning if the battery is out of charge
Cons of the ILIFE A9S
- No map interaction
- Is not able to vacuum thicker carpets.
Considering such features as the camera-based mapping and the innovative wet mopping with vibration this robot vacuum can be a real competitor for other robot vacuums in this price range.
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
- Is the Roborock T6 Better Than The Xiaomi MiJia 1S? Comparison Chart
- Xiaomi Mi Robot vs. Xiaomi MiJia 1S: Is the Xiaomi Mijia 1S robot vacuum cleaner worth buying?
- Roomba vs. Deebot: Which Robot Vacuum Will Suit Your Cleaning Needs?
- The HOBOT LEGEE-668: a Robot Vacuum That Actually Mops
- The Newest Xiaomi Mijia 1S Robot Vacuum Released: What We Know About It So Far?