ILIFE A8 Robot Vacuum Review: Another Budget Cleaner?
ILIFE has launched its flagship robot vacuum the ILIFE A8 at CES 2018 (Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas. The new cleaner has a camera and intelligent navigating system. So here what we know so far:
A Few Words About the iLIFE company
- In 2016, ILIFE received Amazon Global Selling "Amazon Top Newborn Brand Award."
- In 2017, ILIFE V5s Pro won "Water Tank Structure Innovation Award" at the IFA Product Technical Innovation Award, and V8s was honored "China Good Design Award" by Red Dot Design Award in Germany.
- In the same year, ILIFE's robot vacuum was named the top global bestseller and "AliExpress 11.11 Top 10 Brands" in AliExpress 11.11 Global Shopping Festival.
ILIFE A8 Specs
|ILIFE A8 Specifications|
|A 360-degree live-vision camera navigation system|
|Voice alert system|
|7.2 cm thickness|
|CV-SLAM graphics algorithm maps an interior and plans a route|
|CyclonePower three-stage cleaning system|
|Tangle-free rubber brush|
|Two alternative cleaning brushes|
|Auto-charge and resume|
|Runs up to 1.5 hours in one charge|
|Charging time 3 hours|
|2,600 mAh Li-Ion battery|
|Floor types: hardwood, low-pile carpet, tile, marble, linoleum, low and|
ILIFE A8 Features
- With a camera on board, the A8 remembers your floor plan and knows where it needs to clean.
- Resumes cleaning after recharging.
- Moves in straight lines.
- Two brushes in the box: one is for carpet, the other one is for bare flooring and pet hair.
- The intelligent i-voice technology tells you what the A8 is doing or if it requires attention.
- The short body gets it under most furniture.
- Ideal for pet owners, bare floors and thin carpets.
ILIFE A8 Design & Appearance
iLIFE A8 looks extremely modern, very similar to its previous generation A6. Its glossy surface fits in every household and makes a great impression. A beautiful minimalistic absolute eye-catcher design with a black finish on top. With its 7.2 cm flat body the robot can run under most furniture and catch dust and dirt in hard-to-reach areas.
Underneath, two big wheels, two side sweepers and a cleaning brush block. The A8 comes equipped with two cleaning brushes in the package: silicone and bristled one. The brushless roller is tangle-free and is ideal for pets and hardwood floor; the bristled brush agitates dust and debris on carpet.
ILIFE A8 Cleaning Performance
The A8 is one of the few robot vacuum cleaners that have a smart "brain." The self-navigation robot is equipped with a 360-degree live-vision camera that along with PanoView helps the device to run under a room with less bumping into things. Three built-in data chips and CV-SLAM graphics algorithm map out an interior and plan a cleaning path. Assisted by a CyclonePower cleaning system iLIFE A8 cleans thoroughly with side brushes, rolling brush and powerful suction in a single operation. Speaking of brushes, the newest generation robot comes with two cleaning brushes. As we said before, a rubber one gets rid of pet hair without getting tangling and works best on hardwood floors, and the deep cleaning bristled brush for dirt pickup and carpet cleaning which makes the robot perfect for multifloored households.
The ILIFE A8 has a 12mm climbing ability and is not suitable for thick carpets; it is good for homes with bare floor and occasional carpets. If you have pets and mostly carpets — the ILIFE A8 would not be the best choice for you but if your home is mostly about hardwood flooring consider buying the ILIFE A8.
Obstacle & Stair Sensors
The iLife A8 reacts very sensitively to obstacles and drives hardly or only slightly against it. As a result, furniture is not damaged and cleverly avoided. Landings are reliably detected and the robot brakes automatically.
There are two alternative brushes: bristle brush is a good tool to pick up dirt from carpet and rubber brush works best on hard floors and pet hair without tangling.
All the robot cleaners from ILIFE run longer than most of the vacuums on the market and the A8 is no exclusion. It comes with a Li-Ion battery with a capacity of 2,600 mAh that works up to 90 minutes. It takes around 3 hours to charge the device.
Then the robot drives back to the charging station and recharges automatically. If its task is interrupted by a low-level battery, the ILIFE A8 resumes cleaning after recharging.
The feature that you're going to like is voice alert assistant called i-Voice. The robot tells you information about battery level or when the cleaning process will be finished. The system offers voice prompt in every status of cleaning jobs. You'll always be aware of anything that's going on.
Thanks to the new remote control with a display, you can easily make all settings: program cleaning times, select cleaning modes, send it back to the charging station.
Things we would like to be better
- The ILIFE A8 does not come with an app. The only way to control the robot — through the remote controller.
- It is not able to clean thicker carpets, only low-pile once not thicker than 12 mm and bare floors.
- It has a small dustbin. If you have pets, you need to empty it after every cleaning cycle.
Price & Where to buy
You can buy ILIFE A8 robot vacuum on Amazon with a price tag around $200.
The ILIFE A8 is also available to buy on GearBest for ~$350.
Where to buy
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Xiaomi Mi Robot vs. ILIFE A8 Comparison Chart
- ILIFE A8 vs. iRobot Roomba 960 Comparison Chart
- Compare ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 601 vs. ILIFE A8
- Comparing ILIFE A8 vs. XShuai T370
- Roomba 980 vs. ILIFE A8 Comparison Chart