iLIFE A6 Budget Robot Vacuum Review: Better Cleaning Performance and An Amazing Design
Jul 20, 2017 4 min read
Table of Contents (Jump to)
Is A6 the best robot vacuum from ILIFE? Let's find out.
ILIFE A6 is one of the latest robot vacuums from ILIFE. ILIFE A6 is another improved version of A-series product lines such as A4 or A4S.
ILIFE A6 First Glance
ILIFE A6 has an amazing minimalist design with a piano black finish on the lid. On the top, you can see a physical Power button. On each side, there are two sweepers that were designed for catching dust and dirt from corners. Underneath you can find a BladeAway tangle-free rubber brush that works best at picking up pet and long human hair. To empty the dustbin all you need is click on the button on the lid and pull it out from the side. ILIFE A6 comes with a virtual wall that supposed to block areas you don't want it to cross. The robot is equipped with sensors that prevent it from falling down and not bumping into obstacles in its way. Two side sweepers catch dust and transfer it to the dustbin where the main brush along with strong suction suck it inside. After the battery runs down on energy, the robo gets back to recharge automatically.
|Features & Specifications||ILIFE A6|
|Cleaning brush||tangle-free rubber brush|
|Cleaning area coverage||2153sq.f. / 200 sq.m.|
|Cliff & obstacle sensors||yes|
|Dimensions (WxH)||30.5 cm / 12.01 inches x 8 cm / 3.15 inches|
|Weight||2.55 kg / 5.62 lbs|
What is the best about iLife A6
- Max cleaning mode delivers 1000 Pa of suction power
- 160 min of run time
- Piano black finish and grey accents look elegant and expensive
- Only 2.8 inches (about 8 cm) tall which makes A6 the shortest robot right now
- Virtual walls reaches about 10 feet
- ILIFE A6 is featured to clean hardwood floors, tiles and thin carpets
- The second generation CyclonePower is a 3-stage system that provides a better cleaning performance
- New BladeAway spiral tangle-free rubber brush that comes only with A6 so far
- MiniRoom mode find the most efficient way to clean the room using the new advanced algorithm
- Easy to use.
What comes in the box with ILIFE A6
Remote controller + batteries; virtual wall + batteries; charging dock and adapter; English manual; 2 extra side brushes; extra rubber brush; extra Hepa filter; cleaning brush.
What is the new BladeAway tangle-free rubber brush and why it is better than an old one?
Most robots face the problem caused by tangled brush and ILIFE A6 solved this issue with the BladeAway spiral tangle-free rubber brush that is bristles-less. This type of brushes works better on a bare floor and was designed for pet hair. You don't have to worry about cleaning the main brush anymore cause maintaining the rubber one is super easy.
There are few different cleaning modes: Auto cleaning, spot cleaning, max mode, edge cleaning, mini-room cleaning.
The Auto mode would direct the robot over the cleaning area till it cleans the whole room.
The Spot cleaning mode is featured to clean a specific area.
When the Edge cleaning mode is turned on, the robot would clean near walls and corners more accurately.
The Max cleaning mode boost the suction power to maximum.
MiniRoom technology feature shortens run time to clean a smaller room.
Slim body of ILIFE A6
Since it is only 8 cm tall which make it one of the slimmest robot vacuum cleaners on the market so far, ILIFE A6 does not get stuck under your furniture. Also, the cliff sensors do not allow iLIFE to fall from the stairs.
Watch ILIFE A6 review:
Using the robot every day decrease the need of using an upright vacuum at all. Perhaps you will still need deep clean with an upright vacuum but ILIFE A6 will definitely help you to use the first one less.
Thanks to the minimalist design, it is easy to use the robot vacuum. To start the robot working all you have to do is pressing the Auto button that you see on the lid.
What is ILIFE A6 good for?
- Ideal for homes with a bare floor. Its rubber brush is perfect at cleaning a hardwood floor, tile, laminate and other types of bare floors.
- Suitable for those who have a pet. Thanks to the strong suction and the tangle-free brush, ILIFE A6 performs great when it comes to pet hair.
- Small an average-sized homes. Since it does not have mapping, the robot can not remember where it has been. But it does a great job on small areas.
- Its outstanding design looks great in any modern-looking home.
Pricing & Purchase Details
You can find ILIFE A6 on Gearbest for the best price of about $200.
Also, ILIFE A6 is available on Amazon and comes with a price tag of about $220.
- The 2600 mAh battery has a longer lifespan. It runs up to 160 min and charges less than 300 min
- Low profile body allows running under the furniture all over the room
- Due to Max mode, you can clean carpeting surface
- The new rubber brush has the advantage of being easier to maintain when hair wrap up
- With virtual walls, the robot vacuum cleans only space you need it to clean
- As always iLife is pretty generous in terms of what comes in the box
- Low price
- HEPA filtration
- It is quiet
- Elegant minimalist design
- Every day's cleaning with the smart scheduled mode
What are the downsides of ILIFE A6?
- No mopping function. Unfortunatelly, ILIFE A6 doesn't have a mop cloth.
- Doesn't support Wi-Fi which means you can't control it from your smartphone.
- The rubber brush performs great on a bare floor and not so good on carpets. It can do thin ones though but do not expect deep clean from it. The bristles that get hair wrapped so fast also scratch carpets picking up the smallest particulars.
ILIFE A6 comes with a wide variety of accessories in the box for its price of about $200. It provides good performance on a hardwood floor, tile, marble, linoleum, laminate etc. The lowest body on the market allows the A6 to go all over the furniture. It runs on solid 160 minutes which is impressive. A beautiful eye-catchy design is an amazing bonus for the device plus the quiet operation. The ILIFE A6 deserves to be called one of the best in its price category.
Read next: The budget robot vacuums from ILIFE.
Share with friends:
- ECOVACS Deebot R95 vs Neato Botvac Connected Comparison Guide
- Proscenic 790T vs Roomba 690 Comparison: The Best Rated Robot Vacuums on Amazon
- Xiaomi Xiaowa Review: an Affordable Robot Vacuum With Strong Suction
- What Is a Robot Vacuum Cleaner & Why You Should Buy It?
- Shark Ion 750 vs Roomba 690
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!