Comparing The Slimmest Robot Vacuum Cleaners iLIFE A4S vs A6: Get More, Pay Less
Aug 1, 2017 3 min read
Let's have a quick look at the differences between iLIFE A4S, A6, and the oldest version — A4
|Features||ILIFE A4||ILIFE A4S||ILIFE A6|
|Cleaning radius||180 - 200 sq.m||180 - 200 sq.m||180 - 200 sq.m|
|Run time (minutes)||120||140||160|
|Charging time (minutes)||230||230||230|
|Suction Power (Pa)||700-1000||700-1000||950-1000|
|Noise||Less than 65 db||Less than 65 db||Less than 65 db|
|Battery Capacity||2600 mAh||2600 mAh||2600 mAh|
|3-Stage Cleaning System||no||yes||yes|
|2nd generation CyclonePower motor||no||no||yes|
|Dustbin capacity (l / oz)||15.2 / 0.45||15.2 / 0.45||10.1 / 0.3|
|Floor Types||Tile, Wood Floor, Carpet||Tile, Wood Floor, Carpet||Tile, Wood Floor, Carpet|
|Dimensions (WxH)||30.9x7.5cm / 12.2x2.99in||30.9x7.5cm / 12.2x2.99in||30.5x8cm / 12.01x3.15in|
|Weight (kg / lbs)||2.2 / 4.85||2.2 / 4.85||2.5 / 5.6|
|Accessories Included||English Manual; Extra HEPA filter; Charging base + Adapter; Remote Controller + 2 AAA batteries; Extra side brush; Cleaning Brush||Quick start guide; User Manual; Charging dock + plug; Extra filter; Remote Control + 2 AAA batteries; Two extra side brushes; Cleaning brush||Remote controller + batteries; Virtual wall + batteries; Charging dock and adapter; English manual; 2 extra side brushes; Extra rubber brush; Extra Hepa filter; Clean brush|
Most of the ILIFE robots run in a random direction. The two robots don't bump into obstacles which is the improvement worth mentioning. The upgraded motor has enough suction power to give your carpet a thorough clean. Both robots A4S and A6 are good for cleaning almost all types of floors such as carpeting surface of bare floors compare to its price. It works till the battery runs out and cover all the area and then the robot gets back to the charging station. Since it cost less than $300 the cleaning performance is good enough to compete with more expensive vacuum cleaners.
Let's go over the features.
- Cleaning modes: Auto Cleaning Mode; Edge Cleaning Mode to clean your wall edges better; Spot Cleaning Mode for concentrating on a smaller area; Max Cleaning Mode to pick up more dirt than the auto mode
- With advanced MiniRoom cleaning mode, the robot could clean one room more deeply in a short time.
- Better suction power that allows the robot to clean better on carpets and helps you to save energy and time
- It is quiet due to its suction power
- HEPA filtration
- Infrared sensors that prevent falling from the stairs
- Intelligent Anti-collision System Sensor protects the furniture from damaging
- OBS sensors, 1 set wall sensor, 5 IR receivers on the body
- A low body can help the robot to clean almost everywhere
- A4S goes back to its dock to recharge and then returns to finish the job
- Easy to use. Just press the button to start cleaning
- A4S got an upgraded brush with stiffer bristles that are easier to clean and the brush is smaller than the previous one
iLIFE A4S Review: Unboxing & Features
- Gen 2 CyclonePower 3-stage cleaning system which is the combination of agitation, brushing, and suction delivers the thorough and complete cleaning performance
- The new upgraded blade spiral rubber brush combined with Tangle Free Technology that is easy to clean and provides more efficient cleaning.
- A new elegant design with the piano black finish and tempered glass top cover
- Better cleaning performance on a carpeting surface
- Dual Mode Electro Wall that A4 and A4S don't have
- Cleaning modes: auto mode (moves from one wall to another before it spirals inwards to clean the floor), edge mode, max mode, spot mode, MiniRoom cleaning mode that saves more energy just by clicking the button twice
- Intelligent sensors provide better navigation protecting the robot from falling and avoid furniture damaging
- Thanks to 8mm body the A6 couldn't get trapped under the furniture
- HEPA filtration
ILIFE A6 Review + Cleaning Test
What is the difference between A4S and A6
Biggest upgrade A6 got with the new tangle-free bearing system that is much easier to clean. The blade spiral rubber brush has the high-powered dirt pickup capability and solves the toughest issue with tangled fur and hair that most robots face. Also, A6 is running a bit longer than previous versions. The new amazing design is something you will be crazy about.
Overall A6 costs $50 more and has all the features you can find on the earlier A4S + the new blade spiral rubber brush and the new design. Both can clean carpets, tiles and wood floors without any problem. If you feel that you have a lot of hair to clean up at home whether it pet hair or long human hair the A6 will be a better option because the rubber brush is easy to maintain and you actually get a better-looking robot. But if you don't want to spend extra money the A4S would be good as well due to its cleaning performance and a lower price tag.
WHERE TO BUY
- Xiaomi Xiaowa Review: an Affordable Robot Vacuum With Strong Suction
- What Is a Robot Vacuum Cleaner & Why You Should Buy It?
- Shark Ion 750 vs Roomba 690
- Which One To Buy: ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 930 vs Xiaomi Roborock 2nd Gen Comparison
- ECOVACS DEEBOT Robot Vacuums With Mapping And Path Planning: Model Comparison Chart
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us to fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!