Is the 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Better Than the Roomba 980? Model Comparison Chart
Sep 25, 2018 5 min read
The Roomba 980 is one of the most popular high-end robot vacuum cleaners. The 360 S6 is a high-featured robot cleaner with a budget price tag. Let's compare the two models and see is there any reason to pick the less expensive robot vacuum over a well-known one.
Roomba 980 vs. 360 S6 comparison chart
|Features||360 S6||Roomba 980|
|Operation time||120 minutes||120 minutes|
|Battery capacity||3,200 mAh||3,000 mAh|
|Dustbin capacity||400 ml||600 ml|
|Water tank capacity||150 ml||-|
|Recharge & resume||yes||yes|
|Full bin indicator||no||yes|
|Suction power||1,800 Pa||1,700 Pa|
|Amazon Alexa / Google Home||no||yes|
|Noise level||55 dB||70 dB|
|Cleaning area||2,153 ft2 / 200 m2||1,991 ft2 / 185 m2|
|Barrier-cross height||0.67 in / 17 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
What is the 360 S6 robot vacuum?
The 360 S6 is a smart robot vacuum cleaner with a price tag of around $350 and high-end features. There are two buttons on the top: home and power. To pull out the dustbin just press the "open" button and the container jumps up automatically. Underneath, you can find two side sweepers and the main brush. The robot is equipped with a LIDAR system. The LDS sensor is located inside the tower on the top. It scans a layout of your room creating a map that you can see on the app. Thanks to the laser, the 360 S6 is able to work in the dark. After the map has created, the robot builds the most efficient way of cleaning on its own. It methodically cleans one room after another until the job is done. In case the machine couldn't finish cleaning on a charge, it returns to its charging dock, recharge and resumes working from the same point it left off. A bunch of sensors located all over the robot's body helps it to navigate around without bumping and falling from stairs.
Along with two sweepers and the main brush, the robot is equipped with a powerful motor and delivers 1,800 Pa of suction to handle dirt, debris, and hair with ease. The robot performs great on low and medium pile carpets thanks to the carpet boost feature that switches suction to its maximum level to provide deep cleaning. It comes with a water tank and a mop cloth attachment for wet mopping making the robot suitable for bare floors. The robot mops and sweeps and at the same time.
In the app, you can create block off areas (the space you don't want the robot to cross) and specify zones (draw a rectangle for the machine to work inside the zone). You can see when the accessories need to be replaced, battery level, cleaning history etc.
The device is suitable for medium and large-sized homes. It can clean a small home much faster than robots without mapping.
- Affordable price tag
- Decent battery life
- Sweeping and mopping at the same time
- Strong suction power
- Easy-to-get dustbin
- Great performance on all carpets except thick ones
- Ideal for bare floors
- Accurate mapping system
- The best for mixed surfaces
- Can work in the dark
- The app allows to manage its movements, track the robot in real-time, schedule it, set block off areas and specify zones
- Very quiet when cleaning
- Washable HEPA filter is perfect for those who suffer from asthma or allergies
- Is not compatible with Amazon Alexa or Google Home
- Lack of accessories in the box
Price & Where to buy
The 360 S6 is only available on Gearbest so far. You can buy it for $329 with the coupon code GB-APS6 (valid until October 31).
Why buy the 360 S6 over the Roomba 980
- The 360 S6 sweeps and mops at the same time
- The robot has stronger suction
- It works way less quiet than the Roomba
- The LDS sensor is more accurate than a camera sensor Roomba uses
- LIDAR system allows the 360 S6 to work in the dark
- You can create as many blocks off areas as you want, while the * Roomba 980 comes with physical dual virtual wall barriers
- The 360 Smart app allows specifying cleaning areas
- It cost twice cheaper than the Roomba 980
- It has two sweepers on each side
- The 360 S6 holds in memory all the maps it creates. If you place the robot on the second floor, it will restore the map of this floor (in case it cleaned there before) and recognize where it is 360 S6 is only available on Gearbest so far. You can buy it for $330
iRobot Roomba 980
The Roomba 980 is one of the latest robot vacuum cleaners on iRobot's family. It is equipped with cliff and anti-collision sensors that ensure safe operation without bumping into things and falling from drop-offs. Advanced Dirt Detect Technology recognizes the dirtiest areas and provides deep cleaning on these zones. The iAdapt Navigation and Localization create a map of your house and help the robot to navigate around covering the whole area. In the box, you will find the dual mode virtual wall barriers that keep the robot from places it shouldn't cross. Full bin indicator alerts when the dust box should be emptied (you can see a notification in the app).
With the app, you can schedule the machine, manage its movement in real time, watch the map, and switch between cleaning modes.
The Roomba 980 comes with double silicone rollers that are designed to work on a bare floor and pick up pet and long human hair. The rollers are tangle free meaning that the device is perfect for pet owners, these things are very easy to maintain. Carpet boost automatically increases suction for a deep cleaning on a carpeted surface.
If you own the Amazon Alexa or Google Home you can say your Roomba to start/stop cleaning.
When the robot's battery runs out of energy, the Roomba 980 docks itself to recharge and then resumes the job from the place it stopped making it suitable for medium and big-sized homes.
- Compatible with the Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Full bin indicator informs when you need to empty the dust box
- Tangle-free rollers are ideal for homes with pets
- Performs well on carpeted surfaces
- Dirt detect recognizes concentrated areas of dirt, and provide additional cleaning in those spots
- Ideal for mixed or mostly carpeted surfaces
- Gets stuck occasionally
Price & Where to buy
The Roomba 980 is available to buy on Amazon for around $700.
Why buying the Roomba 980 over the 360 S6
- Why buying the Roomba 980 over the 360 S6
- Tangle-free rollers need less effort than bristled brushes
- Compatible with the Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- It comes with the dirt detect technology that provides deeper cleaning in high-traffic areas
- Full bin indicator alerts when the dust bin needs to be emptied
- The dustbin holds more dust and dirt
The Roomba 980 vs. The 360 S6
Roomba 980 is perfect for houses covered with carpets and mixed surfaces while the 360 S6 is ideal for bare floors as well.
If you have a pet, the Roomba 980 would be a bit better because of its tangle-free rollers.
The mapping system that is used by the 360 S6 is more accurate and allows the robot to work in the dark.
Both robots are great for any size of a house: small, medium or large.
Roomba is a well-known brand while 360 is a newbie on the market though it costs twice less than iRobot.
The 360Smart app offers more features than iRobot Home does.
If your home mostly covered with carpets, you own Amazon Alexa or Google Home, have a pet, and the most important you are ready to spend about $700 - go with the Roomba 980.
If you have bare floors and carpets, want a robot with accurate mapping, strong suction, and other flagship features for about $350 - the 360 S6 is your perfect robot cleaner.
Found some spelling or grammatical error? Please help us to fix it!
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
WHERE TO BUY
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Comparing Xiaomi Xiaowa E35 (C352) vs. iRobot Roomba 980
- Comparing iRobot Roomba 980 vs. iRobot Roomba 895
- Compare iRobot Roomba 690 vs. 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Compare Eufy RoboVac 11 vs. iRobot Roomba 980
- Neato Botvac D3 Connected vs. 360 S6 Comparison Chart
- Top 10 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners For Pet Hair
- The Xiaomi Roborock S55 Review: an Intelligent and Powerful Robot Vacuum Cleaner You Always Wished To Have
- The XShuai HXS - C3: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Camera, Smart Navigation, and Alexa Support
- The Xiaomi VIOMI VXRS01: a Budget Robot Vacuum with a Mapping and App control
- 5 Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners With Mapping