12 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners of 2019 For Different Cleaning Needs
There are plenty of decent robot vacuums for different needs. We tried to pick the best from the budget and top-level models, the best for pet hair, mopping, carpet, etc. Please note, that most of them are suitable for a few categories, we wanted to make it less challenging for you to choose the best. How to find the best robot vacuum for your needs? What is the best robot vacuum cleaner for pet hair, carpet? Which one to get that would be budget and where to not overpay for features that might be in the cheaper models? We have chosen the 12 best robot vacuum cleaners of 2019 that are suitable for different cleaning needs.
All these robot vacuums support Wi-Fi and have with an app.
Best Robot Vacuum For Thick Carpet
What a good robot vacuum for carpet should have to provide the best cleaning performance?
- Strong suction power. The more pascals a robot delivers, the deeper cleaning would be. For example, the best Roomba i7+ has a 1,700 Pa suction while the Roborock Xiaowa E2 that we picked as the best robot vacuum for thicker carpets have 1,800 Pa.
- Carpet identification. Some of the robot cleaners can recognize carpets thanks to the sensors they are equipped with. Once the cleaner steps on a carpet, it boosts suction power to a max level providing better cleaning. Some of the flagship models support carpet boost, and a few budget devices have it.
- Climbing ability. Most of the robot cleaners can cross an obstacle up to 15 mm height which means they can't clean thicker carpets. The climbing ability of 19-20 mm means the robot vacuum is suitable for thicker carpets.
- Stiff cleaning brush. Some vacuums comes equipped with a brushless roller and do a great job on carpet, but most of the time, the cleaning brush with bristles works better on carpet flooring agitating debris hidden away.
Budget: the Roborock Xiaowa E2
The Xiaowa E2 can identify carpets. A few high-end models have this feature only. With an excellent climbing ability and strong suction, the robot vacuum performs great on thin and thicker carpets
The Roborock Xiaowa E2 mops and sweeps and can be used on both: bare floor and carpet. It is the only budget robot that comes with smart carpet identification, has a climbing ability of 20 mm and strong suction which make the Roborock Xiaowa E2 is the best for carpet with a price of around $300.
Note: a few flagship models have a climbing ability of 20 mm. As we said before, most of the robot vacuums can only clean a carpet up to 15 mm thick.
Flagship: the Roborock S5
The Roborock S5 has the longest-lasting battery life in the industry. Also, one of the strongest suction power on the market
The Roborock S5 has all the features of the Xiaowa E2 only instead of a gyroscope, the S5 is equipped with an LDS laser. The laser helps the vacuum to create an accurate floor plan that the Roborock follows when cleaning. With the battery life of 150 minutes, the Roborock is perfect for bigger households. It has stronger suction than the Xiaowa E2 and is more efficient at cleaning. Also, the robot supports zoned cleaning and setting restricted areas.
Best Robot Vacuum For Medium-Pile Carpet
High-end: the 360 S6
The 360 S6 is a two-in-one machine that sweeps and mops. The vacuum is equipped with an LDS laser, and same as the Roborock builds an accurate map of the room.
Thanks to strong suction, big wheels, and carpet boost, the 360 S6 is an ideal machine for medium-pile carpets.
The 360 S6 holds in memory up to 10 different floor plans and is able to recognize its location on the map. It is suitable for homes with more than one level
The 360 S6 is a smart robot vacuum that comes with an average-range price tag for those who are looking for a cleaner with mapping yet is not ready to spend too much.
Budget: the Eufy 30C
The Eufy 30C is a budget model that supports Alexa-enabled devices and Google Home. It does not have mapping which means the Eufy is not able to remember your home layout. It could go over the same spots a few times and not as efficient as smarter machines, yet it performs great on medium-pile carpets.
The Best Mopping Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Flagship: the ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 930
What makes the ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 930 the best at mopping? It's Ozmo system and the ability to recognize carpets.
The ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 930 avoids carpets when mopping
In the app, you can adjust the dripping water level and track the robot movements in real-time. Most of the robots with mopping stop leaking when the machine is not working, the DEEBOT went further. The Ozmo "knows" where the carpet is, and when the robot gets closer to carpeting surface, the Ozmo doesn't go over it leaving it dry when mopping.
Aside from mopping, the Ozmo 930 is a smart robot that is equipped with LIDAR technology for mapping and carpet boost.
Budget: the MinSu NV - 01
The MinSu NV - 01 is equipped with a gyroscope which helps it to clean efficient. It navigates in straight lines finishing cleaning in one room and goes to another.
For the price of ~$200, the MinSu offers great cleaning performance on carpets thanks to the strong suction; the gyroscope provides efficient navigation, and the robot can mop
In the box, a cleaning brush and a suction nozzle. The cleaning brush works better on carpets; the suction inlet is ideal for pet hair and bare floor. The MinSu NV - 01 is the best budget machine that has mapping, mopping, and a low price tag.
The ILIFE W400 is the first robot on the marker that only mops and mops efficiently. It is the first automatic cleaner that is able to get rid of stubborn stains and polishes hard floors.
It is equipped with two containers: one for clean water, the second for dirty water.
The Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner For Pet Hair
What is the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair? Please note, on bare flooring most of the robot vacuums perform great. When it comes to carpets, some of them are better than others. What is important to know when choosing the cleaner for pet hair:
- Strong suction. The stronger suction a robot has, the deeper in carpets it can get agitating more pet hair.
- Cleaning brush. Some bristled brushes get hair clogged which becomes a pain when you have to remove the hair. The best brushes for pet hair - brushless silicone rollers that are tangle-free. Also, suction inlets are great for pet hair, the only thing that might be questionable is its ability of cleaning carpets, because of no bristles, the suction inlet can not agitate dirt and debris on thicker carpets.
- Dustbin size. We know that pets shed a lot, for this purpose the size of dustbin matters. For sure, there is no chance to fit a large container into a small robot vacuum, but some of them have a bigger capacity than others. If you don't want to empty the dustbox in the middle of the cleaning cycle, get the robot vacuum with a bigger dustbin.
Roomba e5 — The Robot Vacuum For Pet Hair
The Roomba e5 is not a budget robot vacuum yet it is one of the best for pet hair. It is equipped with brushless rollers that are tangle-free and ideal for pet and long human hair. The Roomba e5 does not have a built-in camera sensor and is not able to remember your floor layout yet shows great cleaning performance especially on carpet. It is built on the same platform as the high-end Roomba i7 with lack of features such as carpet boost, camera, etc.
Because of the brushless rollers, the Roomba e5 is perfect for pet owners
The Roomba e5 is ideal for pet owners, small and medium-size houses with carpets.
High-end: the Roomba i7+
The Roomba i7+ is the latest robot vacuum in the iRobot robot line. It is an advanced version of the Roomba 980. With the i7 you can divide a created map into zones to schedule the cleaner to work within a particular area further.
The Roomba i7 holds in memory up to 10 different floor plans which makes it ideal for multiple-level houses
Inside the Roomba i7, the silicone rollers that are perfect for pet hair and don't need any maintenance.
The Roomba i7+ comes with a self-emptying charging base, so you don't need to clean the dustbin as often
You can buy the Roomba i7 which is the same Roomba i7+ only with a standard base and get the docking station later, it is sold separately.
The best budget robot vacuum for pet hair: Roborock Xiaowa C10
As we said before, a few robot vacuums only have carpet boost and climbing ability of 20 mm, and these are flagship models typically.
For the price of ~$180, the Roborock Xiaowa C1 performs great on thicker carpets, has strong suction that picks up pet hair and comes equipped with carpet boost for better cleaning performance on carpet
No chance any other robot vacuum that costs around $180 would be better than the Xiaowa C10. It is suitable for hard floor, thin and medium-pile carpets. With the ability to climb a 20 mm tall obstacle, carpet boost (the feature that is mostly related to high-end models) and strong suction, the Roborock Xiaowa C10 worth every penny of its price. Suitable for smaller homes.
For a multiple level house:
Neato Botvac D6 Connected / Neato Botvac D7 Connected
The Neato Botvac D6 and D7 Connected hold in memory 3 different floor plans and are ideal for one and more floor houses
Both robots are suitable for bigger homes with carpets.
The Roomba i7 and 360 S6 are great for multiple-level houses as well.
The best robot vacuum cleaners with mapping
We were searching around to know more about the advantages of each of the mapping sensor and here what we had found:
LIDAR (LDS laser sensor) advantages:
- The result is a 3-D map of the world around you. It is trivial to isolate something from the things behind it (or in front of it.)
- LIDAR uses emitted light, so it works independently of the ambient light. Night or day, clouds or sun, shadows or sunlight, it pretty much sees the same in all conditions.
- It is robust against interference and much higher resolution than radar.
- Today it's costly. Because of it most of the robots that are equipped with the LIDAR cost more
- Range is limited. Typical LIDARs see well to about 70 meters and get more limited returns from larger objects like cars to around 100m.
The best LIDAR-based robot vacuum cleaner is the Roborock S5.
- Cameras are really inexpensive
- They see color. LIDARs just see a grayscale in the infrared spectrum
- Even in the wide field, cheap cameras with very high resolution are available -- where a LIDAR might see 64 lines, a camera could see 3,000.
- They need illumination at night.
- They are very cheap
- Not as accurate as the LIDAR or cameras.
The most efficient and budget robot vacuum that is equipped with a gyroscope is the Roborock Xiaowa E2.
Where to buy
Since English is not our first language, you may notice spelling and grammatical errors in the article. We would be very grateful if you could help us fix the mistakes. Just select the confusing part of the text with your mouse and press Ctrl + Enter, then you will be able to send us a corrected version of the text. Thank you for your effort!
Related Robot Vacuum Comparisons
- Comparing the Roborock S5 vs. Viomi V2
- Roborock S5 vs. Xiaomi Mi Robot Comparison Chart
- Comparing Roborock Xiaowa E35 vs. Roborock Xiaowa E20
- Comparing 360 S6 Robot Vacuum vs. Roborock S5
- 360 S6 Robot Vacuum Cleaner vs. 360 S5 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Comparison
- Roborock S6 vs. Roomba i7+: The Differences Explained
- Viomi V2 vs Roborock S6: the Differences Explained
- Roborock S6 Hands On Review: What to Expect From the Newest Robot Vacuum
- 360 S5 vs. Xiaomi Mi Robot: Is the Newest Robot Vacuum Better Than Xiaomi?
- Viomi V2 - An Intelligent Robot Vacuum For Carpet