Totally fed up - Unsupported VIOMI V2 'PRO'

December 23, 2019

*** Significant unresolved Viomi V2 technical incapabilities persist.***

***UNRESOLVED***

***MUST BE ESCALATED WITHIN XIAOMI***

- Viomi V2 'PRO' (?)

- Model# V-RVCLM21B

- Device-specific Quick Start Guide: QR-Code SCAN UNRECOGNIZED.

- On-Line Viomi: QR-Code SCAN UNRECOGNIZED.

- Suspicious if the paid for vacuum could be counterfeit?!?!?!

- Advertized on "VIOMI Cleaning Robot" English User manual "www.viomi.com" routes user to Chinese language web site.

***Useless for non-Chinese literate readers of specified English manual when scrolling to bottom of page accessing Support to Download Apps***

- Xiaomi App offers zero Viomi devices to select under home appliances (vacuums) [Odd considering the Viomi V2 was purported to be the top, leading, Xiaomi model vacuum]

- Manual device entry '+' specifying model neither adds nor saves entered data.

- Revenue Paying Customers have evidenciary been abandoned following them paying many hundreds of hard earned dollars for a device which Xiaomi management consciously chooses to not effectively support as a leading edge product. Those managers responsible for oversight and technical competency really should be fired.

Accordingly to the evidently technically unvetted Viomi V2 technical support the device does not:

- support the App

- enable cleaning scheduling via App

- wet Mop the floor due to no App connectivity

- only functions via manual switching of ON/OFF/HOME device button

- neither recognizes nor accepts manual configuring of either Viomi or Xiaomi Apps.

The product deserves competent, timely, rather basic, Tech Support.

If Xiaomi chooses not to properly support their Viomi V2 product in an accurate expeditious manner which their Revenue Paying Customers deserve, Xiaomi should pull their product from market sales, rebate Customers in full, and offer significant coupon reductions for future vacuum sales.

The handling of this problem should be extremely embarrassing for Xiaomi as a leading corporation.

This Customer is clearly dissatisfied and most likely choosing to avoid Xiaomi products entirely as the feeling is having been stolen from by that corporation. 

11 comments
jj ⋅ 3 years, 2 months ago #

this robot really sucks. After 1 year it stopped brushing carpets, after 15 months it bricked. Obviously, viomi service via geekbuying claims everything is fine. I do not recommend it.

Laszlo Tovarosi ⋅ 3 years, 6 months ago #

It worked OK for 3 months, after that became useless, bump into everything, do not steer away from object, neither stop. Viomi customer service do not answer, neither got my money back.

Jeffrey R Lantigua ⋅ 3 years, 11 months ago #

Regarding finding the v2 vacuum itself, it still doesn't show under USA so I have to use Germany to find the device. However, I recently changed phones and it's requiring me to repair the machine to my wifi which, similar to the first time I used this machine 5 months ago, doesn't seem to work. I don't remember exactly how I got it to work the first time but now it refuses to pair making my machine as dumb as any other vacuum. No support on Facebook or any other avenue. For the cost, a great product, but what a horrible company to take money and give no support.

Juan Liberato ⋅ 3 years, 11 months ago #

I have the v2 (first version 2019) and could never get around to setting up the app (had all kind of issues), today April 4 2020 i set up the mi home app in android using Germany as the country and it successfully recognized the device. It's working with new firmware.

José Godinho ⋅ 4 years ago #

Comprei um Viomi V2 Pro. Ele lava mas agora pára e emite um sinal repetitivo. Alguém sabe como resolver o problema? Obrigado

Brendan ⋅ 4 years, 2 months ago #

Yeah, I have a viomi app model.

Chung Do ⋅ 4 years, 2 months ago #

LASTED UP DATE FROM DECEMBER FIX ALMOST EVERYTHING . IT IS A GOOD ROBOT . JUST SOME OPTION STILL MISSING . 1-MULTIFLOOR MAPS 2- VOICE CONTROL VIA GOOGLE HOME AND ALEXA . XIAOMI CONFIRMED IT WILL BE FIX WITHIN NEXT 2 MONTHS

Brendan ⋅ 4 years, 2 months ago #

Where did they confirm this? Link?

Chung Do ⋅ 4 years, 2 months ago #

I have no ideal if your robot is only work with viomi app.
if your robot is work with Mi home app . it should update firmware and app on september 2019 . you can click on Mi home app and check the last update . here is the link from youtube . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reYsC0RGEWo My viomi with Mi home app work flawlessly . just missing option multi map and limit on cleaning schedule . looking for different server . I used Singapore server some sever does not show viomi in there . or you may get the viomi for chinaland which only work with Viomi app

Chris van Niekerk ⋅ 2 years, 2 months ago #

Yea well the rest of us clearly dont have the same experience as you. You might find your self in the country where the product is manufactured. For me who lives in SA the support from Viomi is #@#%$%# crap to put it nicely. My Viomi Pro 2 were working 100% I could access it from my Google home after some update on Viomi side my Vacuum is no longer seen in Google Home.
Viomi is stealing our money!!!

Michael ⋅ 4 years, 3 months ago #

Hi Bob,
Sorry to hear that. We got the Viomi V2 in May, and I saw only one firmware update in October. Just turned it on and there is no update since then. The English localization of the app is very poor, and they can't even fix this small issue. The Viomi official Facebook page is abandoned, people write comments about their issues with the robot but nobody responds. Very disappointed.
Regarding the connection issue. I can see the Viomi robot vacuum in the Home appliances device list, perhaps it depends on the chosen region in the Mi Home app. Try to change the region in the app settings, for example, to Singapore. Then check the device list in Home appliances. Hope it helps.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Join our friendly community

Learn more about home robots, ask questions, share news, reviews, or create posts that you find helpful or entertaining.