Any thoughts on the new Xiomi Mijia STYJ02YM?

Just ran across this online - can we get a comparison of this vs the Roborock S6? Any thoughts would be appreciated as well.

9 comments
Pedro ⋅ 3 years, 7 months ago #

Hi,

I have been using this robot and this is the list of thing that I like and dislike when compared to my old xiaomi

Like:
Moping

Dislikes:
IA software is bad, some time is bumps it to the same object for 15 times in a row
Time to clean seems worse and because the battery is small some times it gets close to 10% when my old one got to 35% (4 years old)
When I set it to clean a specific area or room 3 things can happen. It will do it, it detects as small change at the start and will stop, it will create a new map and will do something else. It is absolutely stupid.
If you have the Chinese version you have to connect to the Chinese servers.. and that is not something I am ok with it. I had to create a new Vlan and a set of rules to make sure is not sniffing my main network.

Conclusion, do not buy it.

Guest ⋅ 3 years, 11 months ago #

Merhaba Natalie, 360 s5 almak istedim. Bulunduğum yerde satılmadığı için alamadım. Şimdi mijia styj02ym serisinden aldım. Haritamala ve oda ekleme işini yapamadım. Resimli anlatım olarak göstere bilir misiniz? Teşekkürler

Okay, I found. It is necessary to leave all doors open in the house. Only sweep edges should be selected. The rooms are then named in the area editing section. It is even possible to separate rooms. Thanks again.

Natalie Red ⋅ 3 years, 11 months ago #

Ah okay :) Would love to hear about your experience with the Xiaomi.

Translation: Hello Natalie, I wanted to buy 360 s5. I couldn't get it because it wasn't sold where I was. Now I bought it from the mijia styj02ym series. I couldn't do the job of adding map and room. Can you show it as a picture narration? thanks

Brian Stefanovic ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

https://www.xiaomitoday.com/xiaomi-mijia-styj02ym-robot-vacuum-cleaner/

Natalie Red ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

Hi, Brian

Yeah, I've heard about this model, the article with specs & features is coming soon. When I'm done with observing the new model, I will let you know what are the differences between the two :)

Take care

Natalie Red ⋅ 4 years, 7 months ago #

Here are the main differences between each of the newest robots. Hope it will help to understand which one will be suitable for you.

Roborock S6 vs. Xiaomi Mijia STYJ02YM

Longer battery life. The Roorock is more suitable for large houses.

Water level control. The Xiaomi has three levels of water dripping; the Roborock has two. The Xiaomi is better for bigger mopping jobs.

CLeaning path in mopping. The Xiaomi follows a Y-shape path which is more efficient than just dragging the mopping pad the way Roborock does.

Container. The Roborock has a water tank and dustbin. The Xiaomi is equipped with a dustbox and a unique 2-in-1 container for mopping and sweeping at a time. Also, you can get a 550 ml water tank separately. Not sure if this is an advantage over the Roborock.

Room naming. The Roborock S6 does not support (so far) room naming. When the map is created, it can be divided into separate rooms. There is not much information around about the latest version, but the previous Xiaomi MiJia 1S has the ability to name the rooms which leads us to the thought the new Xiaomi also supports it.

HEPA. We are not sure yet (again, lack of info) but the Roborock S6 has a washable HEPA filter which lasts longer and overall is better than those that can not be washed since it performs better when it's freshly clean. The Xiaomi seems to have a non-washable filter.

Suction power. The Roborock S6 delivers 2,000 Pa of suction; the Xiaomi has 2,100 Pa.

Dustbin. The Xiaomi is equipped with a bigger 550 ml dustbin over the 480 ml Roborock's container. Can be a bit more suitable for those who have pets.

Sensors. The Roborock S6 has 16 sensors; the Xioami has 12. Not much a difference in terms of navigation tho.

Height. The Roborock is 3.78 in / 9.6 cm tall. The Xiaomi is a bit shorter with a height of 3.72 in / 9.4 cm, which means it can get under some furniture.

Carpet Detection. The Roborock S6 identifies carpets and boosts suction power when on one. The Xiaomi seems not to have this option. Carpet boost helps to save battery since you don't have to run the robot on MAX if you have a few rugs only.

Conclusion: both of them are great and are very similar. The Roborock S6 is better for really big houses. It has a detachable cleaning brush that is good for pet hair. A HEPA filter is washable and is more suitable for those who suffer from allergy and asthma. It identifies carpets and might be more efficient in terms of battery life if you have carpets but has a bit less suction.

The Xiaomi tho is cheaper, but it lacks carpet identification (we are not sure about it) and has a filter that can't be washed (again, once we know for sure we'll change that). It has a shorter battery life so if you live in a big house the Xiaomi might not be for you but worth mentioning, 110 minutes is a good amount of time to cover the whole 1938 ft2 / 180 m2. In terms of mopping, the Xiaomi does a better job because of the Y-shape path and three water level controls.

Economacy ⋅ 4 years, 6 months ago #

That's quite informative.

Join our friendly community

Learn more about home robots, ask questions, share news, reviews, or create posts that you find helpful or entertaining.