At CES 2020, Roborock released a new robot vacuum cleaner. The company added a new product to its existing main robot vacuum line-up: the Roborock S6 Pure.
There is not much information but so far we know that the new model has the same Lidar-guided and navigation system, 13 types of sensors, and carpet boost, at a more affordable price point.
It will be available to buy on Amazon in the second quarter of 2020 at a price of around $549.
The company also announced its first cordless vacuum cleaner, the Roborock H6, which is a great addition to a robot vacuum.
December 23, 2019
*** Significant unresolved Viomi V2 technical incapabilities persist.***
***MUST BE ESCALATED WITHIN XIAOMI***
- Viomi V2 'PRO' (?)
The OZMO 960 is equipped with Lidar and a camera to recognize objects on the floor and it suprizingly works fine. In addition to the features we know about (room recignition, zoned cleaning, no-go zones), now you can see the objects on the map when the robot finished cleaning.
A few ECOVACS DEEBOT robots are now available to buy on Gearbest:
So I have tested the mopping feature of the newest Roborock S5 Max and let's see on the results.
- It is 2-in-1 robot vacuum that can either sweep, mop or sweep and mop
- Supports Amazon Alexa
- Has 2,200 Pa of suction yet is quiet making only 55 dB of noise
- Supports no-go zones
- Supports no-mop zones (so it will not go on carpet as long as mopping attachments are on)
- Supports room cleaning
- Supports customized cleaning
- Has an ability to let it sweep high-traffic areas first
- Supports multimapping
- Comes with two types of mopping pads in the box: a fiber cloth for heavy jobs and one-time-use cloth for light jobs
- Capable to identify carpets and deep clean them by boosting suction
Superior disentangling ability, radar four-way anti-jamming and wire anti-winding, 60% higher than others. When the sweeper is stuck in the furniture (such as under the seat) / wire, it can identify and get out of trouble by itself, and the wire will be automatically ejected. If it has been stuck or stuck twice in a row, it will alert its owner to set up a restricted zone.Not sure how it works in real life and whether it is as good at navigation as the Roborock though.
What we got: a robot with strong suction that has all the smart bells premium machines have and coming to the market with a price tag of around $430. It is suitable for pet hair and homes with carpets as well as for those who are looking for a decent robot vacuum that can also mop, not only sweep.
Release Date: 2019.11.10
- Smart Charge and Resume enables your Roomba i7 Series robot to intelligently recharge for only the remaining amount of time needed to finish the cleaning job.
- Bug fixes.
- Usability improvements.