Xiaomi 2nd Gen Roborock vs. Xiaomi Xiaowa Path Planning Edition
|Model||Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd Generation)||Xiaomi Xiaowa E20 (E202)|
|Run time||150 min||120 min|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||1800 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||250 m2 / 2691 ft2||200 m2 / 2153 ft2|
|Home Size||medium, big||small, medium|
|Dustbin Capacity||500 ml||640 ml|
|Noise Level||60 db||70 db|
|IR Remote Control|
|Mapping / Path planning|
|Mapping Sensor Type||laser||gyroscope|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges|
|Recharge and Continue|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost||silent, standard, strong, max|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile linoleum||ceramic tile, marble tile, vynil, laminate, linoleum, wood|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App|
|Amazon Alexa Support|
|Google Home Support|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||N/A|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||2600 mAh|
|Charging time||240 min||240 min|
|Barrier-cross height||20 mm / 0.79 in||20 mm / 0.79 in|
|Robot Weight||3.5 kg / 7.72 lbs||3 kg / 6.61 lbs|
|Robot Width||35 cm / 13.78 in||35 cm / 13.78 in|
|Robot Height||9.6 cm / 3.78 in||9 cm / 3.54 in|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Where to buy||GearBest $399.99|
|GearBest $324.64 |
Xiaomi Roborock: it uses LIDAR with a laser located inside its tower. It scans the room creating a map and three processors inside help the robot to create the most efficient way of cleaning. The map can be seen on the app. The robot rebuilds the map each time it gets to clean.
Xiaowa E20: it is equipped with a double gyroscope inertial navigation system, combined with dual optical motion tracking. The robot recognizes walls and corners and creates a map. The map shows the obstacles and walls that were recognized by sensors. It is not as detailed as the one created by the laser nevertheless is accurate. You can see the map on the app. Unfortunately, you can't do anything with the map. Every time the robot cleans the map gets regenerated.
Xiaomi Roborock: the app allows to create virtual walls as many as you'd like to. You can tap on the map to send the device to a specific point.
Xiaomi Roborock: the water tank can be inserted by sliding it underneath. It holds about 150 ml of water and can work in this mode for about 60 minutes.
Xiowa E20: you can insert the water container by clicking it on the bottom of the robovac. Unfortunately, the manufacturer didn't mention how much of the liquid it holds.
The difference between the Xiaomi Roborock and Xiaomi Xiowa E20 Path Planning
- Xiaomi Roborock comes with a stronger suction power (2,000 Pa vs. 1,800 Pa)
- Xiaomi Roborock works 150 minutes when the Xiaomi Xiaowa lasts about 120 minutes in a raw
- Different mapping technologies
- The Roborock comes in white, black and rose-gold colors. The Xiaomi Xiaowa is available in a white color, however, its upgraded version the Xiaowa E352 comes in a grey color
- Roborock has the recharge&resume feature. It means the robot docks itself once its battery runs lower than 20%, recharges and continue the job from the place it left off.
- Xiaomi Xioawa is a bit louder than the Xiaomi Roborock
- Virtual walls can be set only in the Xiaomi Roborock
- The Roborock is taller because of its tower. It means the robot cannot go under some places
- The Xioawa has a bigger 640 ml dust box that holds more dust and dirt
- Xiaomi Xiaowa is cheaper than the Xiaomi Roborock.
Xiaomi Roborock S50 (2nd Generation) Video Review
Xiaomi Xiaowa E20 (E202) Video Review
- Comparing Xiaomi Xiaowa E35 (C352) vs. iRobot Roomba 980
- iRobot Roomba 890 vs. Xiaomi Mi Robot Comparison
- iRobot Roomba 680 vs. ECOVACS Deebot M82 Comparison
- ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 601 vs. ECOVACS Deebot M88 Comparison Chart
- iRobot Roomba 895 vs. iRobot Roomba 890 Comparison Chart