Roborock S5 vs. Roborock Xiaowa E20
|Model||Roborock S50 (White)||Roborock Xiaowa E20|
|Run time||150 min||100 min|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||1800 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||250 m2 / 2691 ft2||200 m2 / 2153 ft2|
|Home Size||medium, big||small, medium|
|Dustbin Capacity||500 ml||640 ml|
|Noise Level||60 db||60 db|
|IR Remote Control|
|Mapping / Path planning|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||gyroscope|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges|
|Recharge and Continue|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost||silent, standard, strong, max|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile linoleum||ceramic tile, marble tile, vynil, laminate, linoleum, wood|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App|
|Amazon Alexa Support|
|Google Home Support|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||N/A|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||2600 mAh|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||50 W|
|Charging time||240 min||240 min|
|Barrier-cross height||20 mm / 0.79 in||20 mm / 0.79 in|
|Robot Weight||3.5 kg / 7.72 lbs||3 kg / 6.61 lbs|
|Robot Width||35 cm / 13.78 in||35 cm / 13.78 in|
|Robot Height||9.6 cm / 3.78 in||9 cm / 3.54 in|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Where to buy||GearBest $459.99|
|GearBest $347.99 |
To know more about the differences between all the Roborock robot vacuum cleaners click here.
The Roborock S5: it uses LIDAR with an LDS laser located inside its tower. It scans the room creating a map and three processors inside help the robot to build the most efficient way of cleaning. The plan can be seen on the app. The robot saves one created map.
Xiaowa E20: it is equipped with a double gyroscope inertial navigation system, combined with dual optical motion tracking. The robot recognizes walls and corners and creates a map. The map shows the obstacles and barriers that were identified by sensors. It is not as detailed as the one generated by the laser nevertheless the Xiaowa's maps are more or less accurate. You can see the map on the app. Unfortunately, you can't do anything with the plan. Every time the robot cleans the map gets regenerated once again.
The Roborock S5: the app allows to create virtual boundaries as many as you'd like to. There is also an ability to set zoned cleaning to make the vacuum working within the areas you've chosen. You can tap on the map to send the device to a specific point.
The Roborock S5 and Xiaowa E2: the water tank can be inserted by sliding it underneath. It holds about 150 ml of water and can work in this mode for about 60 minutes until the container gets dry.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer didn't mention how much of the liquid the Roborock Xiaowa's water tank holds.
The difference between the Roborock S5 and Roborock Xiowa E20
- The Roborock S5 comes with a stronger suction power (2,000 Pa vs. 1,800 Pa)
- The Roborock S5 works 150 minutes when the Roborock Xiaowa lasts about 100 minutes in one charge
- Different mapping technologies
- The S5 comes in white, black and rose-gold colors. The Roborock Xiaowa is available in white color (E20) and dark grey (E25) colors
- The Roborock Xioawa is a bit louder than the Roborock S5
- Virtual walls and zoned cleaning can be set only in the Roborock S5
- The Roborock S5 is taller because of its tower. It means the robot cannot go under some places
- The Roborock Xioawa has a bigger 640 ml dust box that holds more dust and dirt
- The Roborock Xiaowa is cheaper than the Roborock S5
- The S5 stores one created map; maps created by the Xiaowa E2 disappear once the robot finishes cleaning.
Roborock S50 (White) Video Review
Roborock Xiaowa E20 Video Review
- Comparing Roborock S50 (White) vs. iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550
- iRobot Roomba 675 vs. iRobot Roomba 690 Comparison Chart
- ECOVACS Deebot 601 vs. ECOVACS Deebot M80 Pro Comparison Chart
- Neato Botvac D4 Connected vs. Neato Botvac Connected Comparison
- Compare Neato Botvac D4 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D5 Connected