Roborock S5 vs. Roomba 980 Comparison Chart
|Model||Roborock S50 (White)||iRobot Roomba 980|
|Run time||150 min||120 min|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||1700 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||250 m2 / 2691 ft2||185 m2 / 1991 ft2|
|Home Size||medium, big||medium, big|
|Dustbin Capacity||500 ml||600 ml|
|Noise Level||60 db||70 db|
|IR Remote Control|
|Mapping / Path planning|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||camera|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges|
|Recharge and Continue|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost||auto, spot, carpet boost|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile linoleum||hardwood, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile, laminate, linoleum|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App|
|Amazon Alexa Support|
|Google Home Support|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||-|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||3300 mAh|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||43 W|
|Charging time||240 min||120 min|
|Barrier-cross height||20 mm / 0.79 in||20 mm / 0.79 in|
|Robot Weight||3.5 kg / 7.72 lbs||3.94 kg / 8.69 lbs|
|Robot Width||35 cm / 13.78 in||35.3 cm / 13.90 in|
|Robot Height||9.6 cm / 3.78 in||9.14 cm / 3.60 in|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Where to buy||GearBest $459.99|
|Amazon $838.99 |
The main differences between the Roborock S5 and Roomba 980
- The Roborock S5 costs less than the Roomba 980 (you can buy it on Gearbest for half the price of the Roomba)
- The Roborock has three color options: white, black, rose-gold
- The Roborock S5 can sweep and mop at the same time. The Roomba 980 only sweeps
- The Roomba 980 is equipped with silicone rollers that are perfect for pet hair. The rollers are tangle free and don't tend to get hair wrapped around
- The Roomba 980 comes with dirt detect technology. A bunch of sensors is able to recognize the dirtiest spots providing deep cleaning on those areas
- The Roborock S5 works quieter than the Roomba
- The Roborock mapping technology is based on a laser that is more accurate than a camera that is inside the Roomba. Because of than the Roborock S5 works in the dark when the Roomba doesn't do dark shade carpets
- The Roomba 980 bumps into things harsh when the Roborock recognizes obstacles and slows down before slightly touching it
- You can interact with the map created by the robot. The robot can be sent to a specific point using the Targeted Point feature. You are also able to set zoned cleanup and turn on spot cleaning. The Roomba 980 map works as a report of where the robot has cleaned. You cannot do anything with it.
- In case you want the machine to work on specific areas, there is a zoned cleanup feature in the Mi Home app. Set the block-off area by drawing a rectangle on the map. You can create as many rectangles as you want. The Roomba 980 comes equipped with dual virtual wall barrier that blocks the robot from preventing some areas it shouldn't cross
- The Roborock works 30 minutes longer
- The S5 has stronger suction
- Full bin indicator alerts when the dust bin needs to be emptied in the Roomba. The Roborock stops working when its dust container is full.
- Both robots are equipped with HEPA filter. The Roborock has a washable type that lasts longer.
To Sum It Up
- Both boost suction power up when recognizing carpets.
- Both robots last long but if the battery life of the Roborock S5 makes the robot better for bigger houses.
- Each of them resumes cleaning after recharging its battery.
- The Roomba and the Roborock support Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Because of mopping, the Roborock is suitable for homes with bare floors.
Thanks to tangle-free rollers, the Roomba 980 is perfect for homeowners. You will not have any issues with tangled hair.
Both robots work great on thin and medium-pile carpets though based on customer reviews, the Roborock is a bit better on medium-pile carpets because of its cleaning brush that scratches the surface ensuring deeper cleaning.
Both robots perform well on any kind of surfaces except thick carpets, you can't go wrong with any of them. The Roomba is great on bare floors yet the Roborock has mopping than makes it a bit better for bare floors. Silicone rollers are perfect for pet hair but not as good on medium-pile carpets.
Roborock S50 (White) Video Review
iRobot Roomba 980 Video Review
- Comparing Roborock S50 (White) vs. iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550
- iRobot Roomba 675 vs. iRobot Roomba 690 Comparison Chart
- ECOVACS Deebot 601 vs. ECOVACS Deebot M80 Pro Comparison Chart
- Neato Botvac D4 Connected vs. Neato Botvac Connected Comparison
- Compare Neato Botvac D4 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D5 Connected