Roborock S5 vs. ECOVACS Deebot 900
|Main Features||Roborock S5||ECOVACS DEEBOT 900|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||LDS|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||60 db||67 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||2 pcs|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||1000 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2691 ft2 / 250 m2||1615 ft2 / 150 m2|
|Home Size||medium, big||medium, big|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost||Auto, choose cleaning area, create cleaning area, cirtual boundary|
|Dustbin Capacity||500 ml||350 ml|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||-|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.71 in / 18 mm|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile linoleum||hardwood, laminate, linoleum, ceramic tile, vynil, marble tile|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||3000 mAh|
|Runtime||150 min||100 min|
|Charging Time||240 min||240 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||25 W|
|IR Remote Control||no||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes||yes|
|Manual movement control||yes||yes|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||no|
|Robot Weight||7.72 lbs / 3.5 kg||7.72 lbs / 3.5 kg|
|Robot Width||13.78 in / 35 cm||13.27 in / 33.7 cm|
|Robot Height||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.74 in / 9.5 cm|
|In the box||adapter, charging dock, water tank, mopping pad, English user manual||manual, main brush, 4 side brushes, power adapter, docking station|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
What is similar between the Roborock S5 and ECOVACS DEEBOT 900?
- LIDAR mapping technology. Both have an LDS laser that scans the surroundings to build a map of your room. The map helps these robots to navigate without redoing same areas again.
- The ECOVACS app and Mi Home allow setting blocked areas to prevent the robot from crossing a particular area. Also, in the apps, you can create a zone within which the robot should clean.
- Both robots can be tracked in real-life.
- Both support recharge & resume.
- Both are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home. You can control the S5 and DEEBOT 900 via the app or by voice if you own an Alexa-enabled device/Google Home assistant.
- Navigation. Each of the cleaners navigates back-and-forth in straight lines.
- The DEEBOT and Roborock are perfect for those who have an allergy or suffer from asthma thanks to the HEPA filter that reduces up to 99.9% allergens in the air.
What are the main differences between the ECOVACS Deebot 900 and the Roborock S5
- The Deebot is equipped with a suction inlet and main brush. The inlet is ideal for bare floors preventing hair clogging.
- The Roborock S5 lasts 50 minutes longer. Both resume cleaning when the battery runs low.
- The ECOVACS app allows prioritizing to clean high traffic rooms first.
- The ECOVACS is able to recognize bare floors and carpet flooring (you can see it on the map).
- Seems like the Deebot's brush gets tangled with hair easily, while the Roborock doesn't wrap that much hair. Though, the Deebot 900 comes with the suction inlet that prevents hair from getting clogged.
- Thanks to a good climbing ability, the Robroock S5 performs better on carpets that are not thicker than 20 mm. The Deebot 900/901 does thin carpets up to 18 mm height.
- The ECOVACS is equipped with two side brushes. The Roborock S5 has one.
- The S5 dustbin holds more dust than ECOVACS does. You need to empty the container more often.
- The Roborock S5 has stronger suction which leads to better cleaning performance on carpet.
- The Roborock S5 can mop and sweep at the same time; the DEEBOT only sweeps.
- S5 is able to recognize carpeted surface. It boosts suction to provide deeper cleaning on carpets. * Price. The ECOVACS DEEBOT 900 is $200 cheaper than the Roborock S5.
DEEBOT vs. Roborock: which one to buy?
ECOVACS DEEBOT 900 is a decent robot vacuum that has some premium features and comes with a reasonable price tag. It lacks mopping though it has a suction inlet in the box that is perfect for pet hair. Because of the weaker suction, the DEEBOT 900 is not able to provide deeper cleaning on carpet yet it performs great on thin carpets that are not thicker than 18 mm. If you have lots of carpets, the DEEBOT would be an ideal additional cleaner to your traditional one. For mixed surface or bare floor - the ECOVACS DEEBOT is a perfect robot vacuum. Not suitable for those who have a pet and carpets, it will pick up most of pet hair but will not deep clean the carpets.
Roborock S5 is one of the best robot vacuums in the industry. It is not a cheap one, but hey, it has high-end features at a fair price. The robot is suitable for carpet and hard floor. Thanks to the long-lasting battery, it suited for bigger homes. Excellent climbing ability, strong suction, and carpet boost provide excellent cleaning performance on carpet flooring and is ideal for pet hair. Mopping helps to keep hard floor cleaner. The Roborock S5 is a great robot vacuum cleaner to buy in 2019.