Which One To Buy: Xiaomi Mi Robot vs Neato Botvac Connected
|Model||Xiaomi Mi Robot||Neato Botvac Connected|
|Run time||150 min||120 min|
|Suction Power||1800 Pa||N/A|
|Сleaning Area||250 m2 / 2691 ft2||464 m2 / 4994 ft2|
|Home Size||medium, big||medium, large|
|Dustbin Capacity||420 ml||700 ml|
|Noise Level||68 db||64 db|
|IR Remote Control|
|Mapping / Path planning|
|Mapping Sensor Type||laser||laser|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges|
|Recharge and Continue|
|Cleaning Modes||standart, quiet, max, zoned cleanup||eco, turbo, virtual walls|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, linoleum, marble tile, ceramic tile, laminate||wood, cearmic tile, linoleum, laminate, vynil|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App|
|Amazon Alexa Support|
|Google Home Support|
|Water Tank Capacity||-||-|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||4200 mAh|
|Charging time||240 min||120 min|
|Barrier-cross height||15 mm / 0.59 in||19 mm / 0.75 in|
|Robot Weight||3.81 kg / 8.40 lbs||4.1 kg / 9.04 lbs|
|Robot Width||34.5 cm / 13.58 in||33.5 cm / 13.19 in|
|Robot Height||9.6 cm / 3.78 in||10 cm / 3.94 in|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Where to buy||GearBest $276.99|
|Amazon $479.99 |
Xiaomi Mi Robot
- long runtime makes the robot to clean the average sized-house in one charge
- handles pet hair and long human hair with ease on hardwood floors and low-pile carpets
- the mapping function is one of the most accurate on the market
- SLAM technology makes Mi Robot move consistently not chaotically as the most robots do
- the app is easy to use, has a bunch of functions
- affordable price consider its cleaning performance
- can be tracked in real-time moving
- doesn't do thick or fringe carpets
- Mi Robot has its "head" where the LDS is located at which is why the machine's body is high making it impossible to reach some places under furniture.
- doesn't support Alexa and Google Home
Neato Botvac Connected
- strong suction power is one of the best at picking things from the floor
- the combo roller is insanely effective at cleaning carpets. Combo brush is quieter than the blade.
- nicely sized dirt bin holds more dust than the most robots
- effective at cleaning corners thanks to its shape
- connects and controlled by Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- smart intelligence level that doesn't miss a spot
- workes well when it comes to vacuum a large home with a lot of dog hair, mountain pine pollen dust, and day to day crumbs and debris.
- the filter is hard to keep clean
- with its shape it more likely gets stuck in tight places
- the body is not durable when it comes to scratches
- the Neato's laser-based navigation does not "see" reflective surfaces. It completely ignores any chrome furniture legs.
First Xiaomi Mi Robot vs Neato Botvac Connected: Which One Is Better?
When it comes to runtime the robots work almost the same time. Both go to recharge and then resume from the place they left.
Both machines operate with about the same noise level. Mi Robot and Neato Botvac Connected have the strong suction power.
When we talking about navigation, both robots move consistently. It doesn't affect the quality of cleaning though.
Neato Botvac Connected comes with two cleaning rollers that suitable for pet hair and carpet cleaning. Blade brush doesn't get nearly as packed with hair and carpet fibers as combo brush do. The combo brush makes a better job on carpeting surface and is quieter than the blade.
The first Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner only has one cleaning brush that suitable for bare floors and thin carpets.
Even though the suction power in both devices one of the strongest, based on customer comments, we concluded than Neato Botvac Connected is slightly better at picking up small things from a carpet but on bare floors both vacuums performs well. Xioami Mi Robot does suck effective on carpets too.
Boundary strips Neato comes with is almost useless. If you don't tape them to the floor, the cleaner can push them.
The D-shape of Neato is better at cleaning corners and makes the robot get stuck more often than Xiaomi.
Neato is hard to connect to Wi-FI if you have other connected devices at home. On the other hand, the US users claim they have an issue to connect the robot to the US server. You can connect the Mi Robot to the European or Chinese server (only for consumers from the US).
Even though both robots come with a smartphone app, NeatoBotvac Connected supports Amazon Alexa, when Xiaomi Mi Robot does not.
Lastly, Xiaomi Mi Robot cost about $380 on Amazon and $315 on Gearbest, while Neato Botvac Connected comes with a $600 price tag.
Xiaomi Mi Robot Video Review
Neato Botvac Connected Video Review
- Compare Neato Botvac D7 Connected vs. Samsung POWERbot R9350 Turbo
- Eufy RoboVac 15C vs. iRobot Roomba 690 Comparison
- Eufy RoboVac 15C vs. Shark ION R85 (RV850) Comparison
- Eufy RoboVac 15C vs. Eufy RoboVac 11S Comparison Chart
- Eufy RoboVac 15C vs. Eufy RoboVac 30 Comparison