Which One Is The Best: Deebot D7 Connected vs Roomba 980 Comparison
|Model||iRobot Roomba 980||Neato Botvac D7 Connected|
|Run time||120 min||120 min|
|Suction Power||1700 Pa||N/A|
|Cleaning radius||185 m2 / 1991 ft2||460 m2 / 4951 ft2|
|Dust bin capacity||600 ml||700 ml|
|Noise Level||70 db||64 db|
|Amazon Alexa Support|
|Water Tank Capacity||-||-|
|Battery Capacity||3000 mAh||N/A|
|Charging time||120 min||150 min|
|Robot Weight||3.94 kg / 8.69 lbs||3.5 kg / 7.72 lbs|
|Width||35.3 cm / 13.90 in||33.6 cm / 13.23 in|
|Height||9.14 cm / 3.60 in||10 cm / 3.94 in|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Where to buy||Amazon $699.00||Amazon $799.00 |
iRobot Roomba 980 Review
- increases its suction power up to 10 times once the robot recognize carpet
- new rubber tangle-free rollers work better on hardwood floors picking up pet hair, dust and dirt
- can be managed by voice commands because of compatibility with Alexa and Google Home
- performs on thin and medium-pile carpets well
- with the Virtual Wall included it's easier to manage the robot to work in a specific areas
- keeps getting stuck at the same places
- the dustbin capacity is small making it getting full after each cleaning process
Neato Botvac D7 Connected Review
- a large dustbin
- the app allows creating virtual walls as much as you'd like
- its cleaning brushes perform well on bare floor and carpeting surface
- handles pet hair with ease
- strong suction power collect dust, dirt and small debris
- compatible with Alexa and Google Home
- because of its shape, it gets stuck in tight places such as chair legs
- made of high-quality plastic that is not durable to scratches
Neato D7 Connected and Roomba 980 is the latest top-level robot vacuum cleaners.
What is similar between the two?
Both are coming with smart technology that helps to navigate around, create a map and build the most efficient path of cleaning.
Both have the strong suction power that provides picking up dust and dirt on carpets and hardwood floors. Neato and Roomba are compatible with Alexa and Google Home can be controlled via the apps or voice commands.
Both robots have recharge&resume feature.
Roomba 980 has the Dual Virtual Wall in the box while Neato app allows creating a virtual wall, needless to say, that almost all robots from Neato have magnetic stripes that keep devices from the place it shouldn't go.
Neither of them does thick carpets and rugs. If you have one of those in your place - expect your home assistant getting stuck. Fairly to notice, there is no robot vacuum on the market that would be able to clean high-pile carpets.
What is different?
Rubber rollers Roomba 980 come with are tangle-free that doesn't need to get rid of hair after every cleaning session. On the other hand, Neato's Spiral Combo brushes were designed for multi-flooring surfaces doing a good job of picking things up.
All the Neato's robots come with the D-shape for better corners cleaning and because of the shape, the machines get stuck in tight places. As well as Roomba 980 get stuck though.
Neato has a larger dustbin capacity. However, either Neato and Roomba's dust box is full of dust after one cleaning session so it needed emptying.
Roomba is louder than Neato.
What consumers complain about
If you have a big house be ready to wait before your robot vacuum will finish its job (we are talking about both machines here). With the recharge & resume function the device cleans in about an hour, then gets recharge which takes some time too, returns to finish its session which also takes some time.
Is it good or bad? Thanks to the app both robots have your home assistant could do its job while you're away, so who cares?
Lastly - the price. Roomba 980 is $100 more expensive than Neato D7 Connected. You can get the Roomba on Amazon for about $900, while Neato costs around $800.
Video Reviews From Popular YouTube Channels
Share with friends:
- Shark ION ROBOT 750 vs. iRobot Roomba 690 Comparison
- PureCLean PUCRC25 vs Housmile: Decent Robots Under $100
- Which One To Buy: Xiaomi Mi Robot vs Neato Botvac Connected
- ILIFE A4S vs. Deik Robot Vacuum Comparison
- Budget-Friendly Xiaomi Mi Robot vs One Of The Latest Roomba 960