|Main Features||Roborock S6||iRobot Roomba S9+|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||camera|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||50 db||N/A|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||1 pcs|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||2200 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2691 ft2 / 250 m2||2153 ft2 / 200 m2|
|Home Size||medium, big||medium, big|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, mopping||detailed clean, quiet clean, custom, vacuum passes|
|Dustbin Capacity||500 ml||400 ml|
|Automatic Dirt Disposal||no||yes|
|Water Tank Capacity||160 ml||-|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, meium-pile||low-pil, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||ceramic tile, marble tile, vynil, laminate, linoleum, wood||ceramic tile, marble floor, tile floor, wood floor, vynil, laminate, linoleum|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||3300 mAh|
|Run time||150 min||120 min|
|Charging Time||150 min||N/A|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||N/A|
|IR Remote Control||no||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz||2.4 / 5 GHz|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes||yes|
|Manual movement control||yes||yes|
|Selected room cleaning||yes||yes|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||yes|
|Robot Weight||7.94 lbs / 3.6 kg||7.43 lbs / 3.37 kg|
|Robot Width||13.78 in / 35 cm||13.34 in / 33.88 cm|
|Robot Height||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.63 in / 9.22 cm|
|In the box||charging dock, power cable, water tank, mop, user manual, warranty card, 10 disposable wipes, 2 mopping pads||robot vacuum, AC cord, charging dock, dual-mode virtual barrier, hepa filter, extra side-brush|
|Warranty||24 months||12 months|
Things The Roborock S6 And Roomba s9+ Share
Both models have HEPA filtration and are safe for those who struggle with asthma and allergy. However, the Roborock S6 has a washable filter when the one inside the Roomba cannot be washed.
The washable filter meant to last longer.
Mapping allows the robot to know the location and where it needs to clean. There are a few technologies to create a map of the house: camera and LDS laser-based. The Roomba has a camera on top, it needs a light on in the room when the robot is creating a map. The Roborock has the LDS laser that does not require light and is more accurate than the camera.
Most of the robot vacuums that have mapping resume cleaning in case it didn't finish the job during the first cycle. When a battery gets low, the robot returns to the dock, recharges up to 80% and then continue cleaning.
Resumption is supported by both: the Roomba and Roborock.
Carpet boost allows the robot to recognize carpet flooring and boosts suction power to provide deeper cleaning. Supported by both models.
Things That Make The Roborock S6 Different From The Roomba s9+
- Roborock S6 uses the LDS sensor to map an interior, the Roomba s9+ has a camera onboard.
- Roborock S6 lasts longer.
- Roborock S6 has a filter that can be washed.
- Roomba s9+ is equipped with brushless rollers that are perfect for pet hair.
- Roborock S6 supports digital restricted areas, the Roomba s9+ does not.
- Roomba s9+ has a charging dock that empties the container inside the robot’s body.
- In addition to selected room cleaning, the Roborock S6 also supports digital zoned cleanng.
- Roomba s9+ has dirt detect.
- Roborock S6 can be tracked in real time.
- Roborock S6 can do mopping and sweeping, the Roomba only sweeps.
- The new shape of the Roomba s9+ helps it to clean corners and edges better.
- Roomba s9+ is slightly better at deep high-pile carpet cleaning.
- Roomba s9+ supports more Alexa commands than the Roborock S6.
- Roomba knows when the container inside gets full and returns to the dock to get emptied.
- Price. The Roborock S6 is twice cheaper than the Roomba s9+.
The mapping technologies both of them use are different. The Roomba has a camera sensor onboard. The Roborock is equipped with an LDS laser.
The laser builds a more accurate map and can work in the dark when a camera-based robot vacuum needs light in the room where it is working.
The Roomba s9 supports a dual virtual wall barrier that keeps the robot from going to certain places. The Roomba s9+ however, does not have it in the box.
With the Mi Home app, the Roborock S6 supports creating an unlimited amount of digital restricted areas.
Both of the models have a feature that allows them cleaning a kitchen or living room directly.
In addition to selected room cleaning, the Roborock S6 also has zoned cleaning. By drawing a rectangle, you can make the robot clean within a chosen area. It is similar to selected room cleaning, but the zone can be bigger or smaller depending on where you want the robot to clean.
The Roborock S6 works for the whole 150 minutes, which is the longest on the market and enough to cover a big house. The Roomba s9+ lasts from 50 to 120 minutes, depending on a cleaning mode.
The Roomba recognizes dirty areas and provides deeper cleaning on those spots by boosting suction power.
More Alexa commands
While with the Roomba, you can say things like: 'Alexa, make Roomba clean the kitchen,' the Roborock supports basic commands like start and stop the robot only.
One of the coolest things about the latest Roomba cleaners - brushless rollers.
These are tangle-free and are ideal for pet hair. The Roborock S6 is claimed to have a tangle-free design as well though its brush is a mix of rubber and bristles. The brush is detachable and is easy to clean; however, the Roomba's rollers are a bit better at this point since these are literally maintains-free.
The Roomba is equipped with sensors that understand when the robot's dustbin gets full. When it happens, the s9+ returns to the charging dock where it gets emptied by the self-emptying base, and when it's done, the vacuum returns to finish cleaning. If you have pets, this feature is useful because in this case, the dirt box needs to be emptied more often.
The Roborok S6 just stops moving when the dustbin gets full.
The Roborock S6 is equipped with three processors inside thanks to which it can be tracked in real-time which you can see in the app. Tracking helps to know where the robot has already been.
The Roomba lacks it.
Self-Emptying Charging Base
This is probably the biggest feature of the Roomba. Same as the Roomba i7+ which comes with one, the s9+ has a charging base that holds up to 30 dirt bins.
When the robot finishes cleaning or simply gets full of dirt, it automatically returns to the charging dock where the base sucks up dirt from the container inside the Roomba.
With this base, you are free from cleaning the dustbin for about 30 days.
Sweep & Mop
The Roborock S6 comes equipped with two containers: one for sweeping and one for mopping. When it does mopping, it can also be sweeping at the same time, so you don't have to let it run twice.
The Roomba s9+ itself does not mop, but it cooperates with another newest model - the Braava Jet m6. When the Roomba finishes vacuuming, the Braava starts mopping.
The newest Roomba is not round, it now looks more like a Neato having a D-shape. This body shape gets the robot close to walls, the round shape of the Roborock does not allow it.
With the new shape, the Roomba s9+ performs better on along walls and corners.
The Roomba is only available to buy in North America now, it will be released in Europe on July 12th. According to the iRobot website, the Roomba s9+ will cost you about $1,300. With the Braava, be ready to spend $1,800.
The Roborock S6 comes with a $600 price tag.
Benefits of the Roomba s9+
- Full bin indicator. When the robot's dustbin gets full, it automatically returns to the dock to empty itself. No worries about dust anymore
- Bigger dustbin inside the robot.
- Charging base. It allows not looking at the robot for about a month.
- Brushless rollers. These things are perfect for pet owners.
- D-shape. It gets the Roomba closer to walls.
- Dirt detect. It helps to leave dirty areas clean.
- Body height. The robot is shorter than the Roborock, and it fits under most furniture.
What is the Roomba s9+ good for?
Pet owners. Because of a small dustbox, you most likely would need to empty the container during the cycle. With the self-emptying charging base, you don't have to worry about it.
Homes with carpets mostly.
Smart Home Ecosystem. The Roomba s9+ is integrated with Amazon Alexa and can be controlled with your voice.
Those who don't want to spend time to clean brushes and empty the container after every cleaning.
Benefits of the Roborock S6
- Mopping. The Roomba is cooperating with the new Braava to mop when the Roborock does mopping and sweeping at the same time.
- Supports restricted areas and zoned cleaning in the app.
- Battery life. So far, we don't know for how long the Roomba lasts; the Roborokc has the longest-lasting battery in the industry.
- LIDAR. The LDS laser allows the Roborock to work in the dark.
- Washable HEPA. The filter can be washed with water and meant to last longer.
- Real-time tracking. You can see where the Roborock is in real-time.
- Price. The Roborock S6 costs half of the Roomba price.
What is the Roborock S6 good for?
Big homes. With the 5,200 mAh battery, the Roborock S6 works for the whole 150 minutes.
Pet owners. The Roborock roller is not brushless, but it has detachable parts and is easy to clean.
Homes with more than one level.
Thanks to the block off feature, the Roborock S6 is ideal for homes that might be cluttered.
Because of mopping, the S6 is perfect for homes with bare flooring.
Houses with low and medium-pile carpets.