|Main Features||Roborock S5||ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 601|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||no|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||-|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||no|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||60 db||65 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||2 pcs|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||800 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2691 ft2 / 250 m2||1292 ft2 / 120 m2|
|Home Size||medium, big||small, medium|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost||auto, spot, edge|
|Dustbin Capacity||500 ml||450 ml|
|Automatic Dirt Disposal||no||no|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||-|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.55 in / 14 mm|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile linoleum||hardwood, tiles, laminate, linoleum|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||3000 mAh|
|Run time||150 min||100 min|
|Charging Time||240 min||240 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||30 W|
|IR Remote Control||no||yes|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes||no|
|Manual movement control||yes||yes|
|Selected room cleaning||no||no|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||no|
|Robot Weight||7.72 lbs / 3.5 kg||6.61 lbs / 3 kg|
|Robot Width||13.78 in / 35 cm||12.99 in / 33 cm|
|Robot Height||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.07 in / 7.8 cm|
|In the box||adapter, charging dock, water tank, mopping pad, English user manual||charging station, remote control, 4 side brushes, 2 washable/ reusable microfiber cleaning clothes, 2 air filters, main brush, water tank|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
DEEBOT vs. Roborock: the differences explained
- Remote control in the box with the DEEBOT. You can control it with the ECOVACS app, remote controller and your voice if you have an Alexa-enabled device or Google Home. Roborock S5 can be controlled by all of it except a remote control. It does not have it in the package.
- With the DEEBOT, there are more extra accessories in the box.
- LIDAR technology. S5 comes equipped with the LDS laser inside its tower. The laser scans your room to create a floor layout which helps the cleaner to navigate around providing more efficient cleaning. The map also helps to reduce the amount of time the S5 spends on cleaning because it does not go over the same spots twice.
- Virtual boundaries. In the Mi Home app, you can draw a restricted area to prevent the robot from crossing it. The DEEBOT does not support this feature.
- Zone cleaning. If you need to clean a certain room, set a zone you want it to clean within by drawing a rectangle on a created map. DEEBOT does not support it.
- Stronger suction. Roborock has one of the strongest suction in the industry. It ensures deep cleaning on carpets but also makes it louder when it operates.
- Carpet boost. Once the S5 steps on carpet, its suction gets boosted up providing better cleaning performance.
- Better climbing ability. It means the Roborock S5 can go over carpet that is up to 20 mm thick, and the DEEBOT can do a carpet that is not higher than 14 mm.
- Longer-lasting battery in the industry. The Roborock works about 2.5 hours before it needs to recharge. The Ozmo 601 can do it for 100 minutes.
- Shorter body of the DEEBOT allows it to fit under most furniture.
- Two (Ozmo 601) vs. one (Roborock S5) side sweeper.
- Ozmo system allows controlling the level of water dripping in the app.
- Roborock S5 is equipped with a washable HEPA filter. It lasts longer than a regular one.
- Price. The Roborock is a flagship model that costs around $550; the Ozmo 601 has an under $200 price tag.
Which one should you get?
ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 601 is a budget robot vacuum. It costs around $200, does mopping, is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home and supports Wi-Fi. It is not suitable for bigger homes and thick carpets. If your home is about hard floor and thin carpets, the DEEBOT Ozmo 601 would be perfect for your cleaning needs.
Roborock S5 is in our top 12 vacuum cleaners for different cleaning needs as the best machine for thick carpets. It is suitable for both: carpet and bare floor. Thanks to the long-lasting battery and recharge&resume option, the vacuum is ideal for bigger homes. Let's not forget about the additional features as digital restricted areas and zoned cleaning. The cleaner that is able to deep clean carpet keep your hard floor clean, pick up pet hair and is suitable for big homes, what else to wish for?