|Main Features||Roborock S5||Viomi V2|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||LDS|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||68 db||69 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||1 pcs|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||2150 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2691 ft2 / 250 m2||1938 ft2 / 180 m2|
|Recommended Home Size||medium, big||medium, big|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost and three mopping modes||N/A|
|Dustbin Capacity||480 ml||550 ml|
|Automatic Dirt Disposal||no||no|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||560 ml|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, meium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, tile, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic||ceramic tile, marble tile, vynil, laminate, linoleum, wood|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||3200 mAh|
|Run time||150 min||120 min|
|Charging Time||240 min||300 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||33 W|
|IR Remote Control||no||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||no|
|Magnetic/Optical Virtual Walls||yes||no|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes||yes|
|Manual movement control||yes||yes|
|Selected Room Cleaning||no||yes|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||no|
|Robot Weight||7.72 lbs / 3.5 kg||7.28 lbs / 3.3 kg|
|Robot Width||13.78 in / 35 cm||13.78 in / 35 cm|
|Robot Height||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.74 in / 9.5 cm|
|In the box||adapter, charging dock, water tank, mopping pad, English user manual||sweeping robot, charging Dock, main brush cleaning tool, power cable|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
Both models perform great on thin and thick carpets, mop bare flooring, safe for those who suffer from an allergy and asthma.
The Roborock and Viomi support restricted areas and zoned cleaning, both options are essential if you want to prevent a vacuum from crossing some areas or make it work in a particular zone.
Each of them is equipped with the LDS laser that scans the area, creating an accurate plan of the cleaning area.
Differences between the Viomi and Roborock
- Noise. The Roborock S5 is quieter than the Viomi.
- Water tank size. The Viomi has a big water tank that covers more when mopping.
- Water flow settings. The Viomi app allows adjusting water flow depending on your needs.
- Two types of wipes in the box. The Viomi has two types of mopping pads: one is for quick cleanups, the other one covers more for mopping one-two times a week.
- Stronger suction. Even though the Roborock S5 has one of the strongest suction, the Viomi delivers 2,150 Pa.
- Longer runtime. The Roborock S5 works 30 minutes longer.
- Dustbin size. The Viomi V2 holds more dust.
- Alexa support. So far, we don't know if the Viomi is integrated with Alexa-enabled devices; however, the Roborock S5 supports both: Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Why is each of these models better than most of the robot vacuum cleaners?
- The strongest suction power. The Viomi has the strongest motor in the industry.
- Great climbing ability. It means the robots can cross thick carpets. A few flagship models are able to do this.
- Zoned cleaning support. Helpful when you need to make the robot work within a particular area.
- Restricted area support. If you don't want the vacuum to go to a certain zone.
- Long battery life. Most of the models run up to 100-110 minutes. The Roborock S5 is equipped with the longest-lasting battery.
- A washable HEPA filter meant to last longer.
- LIDAR technology builds the most accurate map of a cleaning area. With this system, the machine knows where exactly to clean.
- Resumption. Along with long battery life, it makes the Roborock and Viomi perfect for large households.
- Roborock S5 has carpet boost, this feature saves battery life since it doesn't have to be on max mode during cleaning, only when the vacuum is on carpet.
Why buying the Roborock S5?
- Longer battery life. If you live in a big house, you might want a robot that works longer before it needs to recharge.
- Carpet boost. If you have occasional carpets/rugs, the Roborock would be better. You don't have to switch between cleaning modes manually to get extra power.
- Noise. If noises distract you, the Roborock would be better in your case.
- You own an Alexa-enabled device or Google Home.
Why buying the Viomi V2?
- You live in a house with no carpets. The large water tank covers more until it gets dry.
- You want a robot vacuum with efficient mopping.
Our conclusion: which one to get?
The Viomi (Mi Home) app needs to be polished, it is raw and not user-friendly which makes the Viomi V2 not suitable for those who will be using the app as often. Though we hope Viomi will fix the app in the near future.
The Mi Home app is more user-friendly and intuitive.
We recently got a manometer and had measured how much Pa each of them delivers. The Roborock S5 shows 1,600 Pa on Max mode, the Viomi V2 has 1,250 Pa. Each of them might show more Pa if a filter is clean but we got these results. In real life, you will not notice the difference between the two except that maybe the Roborock roller gets less clogged than the Viomi’s brush. Both are great vacuum cleaners for carpet and even though the Viomi showed worse results at picking up sand on carpet during our test, you should keep in mind that it was an extreme condition.
Mopping is the area where the Viomi V2 shines. It has a bigger container and a more efficient path. In addition, the robot allows setting water flow volume in the app depending on your needs, however, we recommend setting it on high level. It is efficient, after cleaning one room (26.4 square meters), the water tank was still almost full, the robot spent about 40 minutes to mop it. The Viomi is not able to remove stubborn stains, but it is ideal for everyday cleaning and even some heavy jobs. If you are not sure about mopping results, you can set the Viomi to go over the same area twice in the app. So far we believe it is one of the best robot vacuum mop cleaners.
The Roborock S5 on the other hand, can do mopping and sweeping at the same time. The water tank slides underneath while the dustbox is inside the robot, so you don’t have to vacuum first while the Viomi has two separate containers. You can damp the mop cloth and attach the mopping accessories with the dustbox but you will have to dampen it every once in a while and it is more suitable for light jobs.
To conclude: the Roborock is suitable for light mopping jobs but it can do sweeping and mopping at a time. The Viomi V2 is good for heavy mopping chores but it can not do both things at the same time.
The Roborock S5 runs for 110 minutes on high power settings and 150 min on low power settings. The Viomi gives you 90 minutes of continuous cleaning on max mode and 120 minutes on high mode. Both of them are suitable for medium to average homes but the Roborock S5 is ideal for large households.
Also, keep in mind, the Viomi is not compatible with any smart voice assistant yet. The Roborock S5 identifies carpet and boosts suction once it steps on one thus saving battery energy. If you have many carpets, the Roborock S5 will be more efficient for you. And, the Roborock S5/S6 are the most efficient robot vacuums in terms of navigation so far.
We would recommend getting the Roborock if you have many carpets, live in a big home and have pets with long hair.
The Viomi V2 is more suitable for homes with mostly bare floor and is ideal as a robot mop.