Comparing the Roborock S5 vs. Viomi V2
|Main Features||Roborock S5||Viomi V2|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||LDS|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||60 db||69 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||1 pcs|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||2150 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2691 ft2 / 250 m2||1615 ft2 / 150 m2|
|Home Size||medium, big||medium, big|
|Cleaning Modes||quiet, balanced, turbo, max, zoned cleanup, carpet boost|
|Dustbin Capacity||500 ml||600 ml|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||560 ml|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, meium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, laminate, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile linoleum||ceramic tile, marble tile, vynil, laminate, linoleum, wood|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||3200 mAh|
|Runtime||150 min||120 min|
|Charging Time||240 min||240 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||33 W|
|IR Remote Control||no||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||no|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||no|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes||yes|
|Manual movement control||yes||yes|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||no|
|Robot Weight||7.72 lbs / 3.5 kg||7.28 lbs / 3.3 kg|
|Robot Width||13.78 in / 35 cm||13.78 in / 35 cm|
|Robot Height||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.74 in / 9.5 cm|
|In the box||adapter, charging dock, water tank, mopping pad, English user manual||sweeping robot, charging Dock, main brush cleaning tool, power cable|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
Both models perform great on thin and thick carpets, mop bare flooring, safe for those who suffer from an allergy and asthma.
The Roborock and Viomi support restricted areas and zoned cleaning, both options are essential if you want to prevent a vacuum from crossing some areas or make it work in a particular zone.
Each of them is equipped with the LDS laser that scans the area, creating an accurate plan of the cleaning area.
Differences between the Viomi and Roborock
- Noise. The Roborock S5 is quieter than the Viomi.
- Water tank size. The Viomi has a big water tank that covers more when mopping.
- Two types of wipes in the box. The Viomi has two types of mopping pads: one is for quick cleanups, the other one covers more for mopping one-two times a week.
- Stronger suction. Even though the Roborock S5 has one of the strongest suction, the Viomi delivers 2,150 Pa.
- Longer runtime. The Roborock S5 works 30 minutes longer.
- Dustbin size. The Viomi V2 holds more dust.
- Alexa support. So far, we don't know if the Viomi is integrated with Alexa-enabled devices; however, the Roborock S5 supports both: Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Why is each of these models better than most of the robot vacuum cleaners?
- The strongest suction power. The Viomi has the strongest motor in the industry.
- Great climbing ability. It means the robots can cross thick carpets. A few flagship models are able to do this.
- Zoned cleaning support. Helpful when you need to make the robot work within a particular area.
- Restricted area support. If you don't want the vacuum to go to a certain zone.
- Long battery life. Most of the models run up to 100-110 minutes. The Roborock S5 is equipped with the longest-lasting battery.
- A washable HEPA filter meant to last longer.
- LIDAR technology builds the most accurate map of a cleaning area. With this system, the machine knows where exactly to clean.
- Resumption. Along with long battery life, it makes the Roborock and Viomi perfect for large households.
- Roborock S5 has carpet boost, this feature saves battery life since it doesn't have to be on max mode during cleaning, only when the vacuum is on carpet.
Why buying the Roborock S5?
- Longer battery life. If you live in a big house, you might want a robot that works longer before it needs to recharge.
- Carpet boost. If you have occasional carpets/rugs, the Roborock would be better. You don't have to switch between cleaning modes manually to get extra power.
- Noise. If noises distract you, the Roborock would be better in your case.
- You own an Alexa-enabled device or Google Home.
Why buying the Viomi V2?
- You live in a house with no carpets. The large water tank covers more until it gets dry.
- You need extra power. The Viomi delivers 2,150 Pa of suction power, it is able to provide deep cleaning on medium-pile carpets.