|Main Features||Shark ION R85 (RV850)||ECOVACS Deebot N79S|
|Mapping / Path planning||no||no|
|Mapping Sensor Type||-||-|
|Recharge & Resume||no||no|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||62 db||65 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||2 pcs||2 pcs|
|Suction Power||1400 Pa||1000 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||969 ft2 / 90 m2||1076 ft2 / 100 m2|
|Dustbin Capacity||600 ml||450 ml|
|Automatic Dirt Disposal||no||no|
|Water Tank Capacity||-||-|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.55 in / 14 mm|
|Battery Capacity||2550 mAh||2600 mAh|
|Run time||60 min||100 min|
|Charging Time||180 min||240 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||35 W||25 W|
|IR Remote Control||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||yes|
|Magnetic/Optical Virtual Walls||no||no|
|Digital Blocked Area||no||no|
|Manual movement control||no||yes|
|Selected Room Cleaning||no||no|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||no|
|Robot Weight||7.94 lbs / 3.6 kg||9.48 lbs / 4.3 kg|
|Robot Width||12.48 in / 31.7 cm||13.90 in / 35.3 cm|
|Robot Height||3.39 in / 8.6 cm||3.11 in / 7.9 cm|
|In the box||2 side brushes, HEPA filter, the charging dock, 8 ft. of BotBoundary strips, remote control with batteries, product manual, the quick starting guide||remote control, main brush, 2 side brushes, docking station|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
ECOVACS Deebot 901 quick glance
The ECOVACS Deebot 901 comes with a minimalistic design, has only one HOME button and a "head" with an LDS laser inside. Underneath you can see an inlet that can be replaced with the main bristle brush or a suction tangle-free inlet. The two side sweepers work together with the main brush, transferring dust and dirt into the inlet where the powerful motor sucks it up to the dustbin. The bristle brush is suitable for a carpeted surface, while the tangle-free one works best on a bare floor and for homes with pets.
The DEEBOT 901 does not go over the same spots twice
The laser scans an interior and creates a map. After that, the computer builds the most efficient cleaning path. The ECOVACS Deebot 901 moves in an efficient navigation path providing a more thorough cleaning.
The suction inlet is tangle-free and is essential for pet owner since you don't have to clean the brush
The ECOVACS app allows you to view the created map, where the robot has been, schedule it, switch between cleaning modes, build virtual walls, set digital "zones" that you want the Deebot to stay within, and prioritize areas for cleaning.
Make the robot working inside your kitchen by using a zoned cleaning feature
The ECOVACS Deebot 901 is integrated with Amazon Alexa and Google Home. It can be controlled by a smartphone and via voice commands. If a recharge is required, the robot will stop itself and then pick up where it left off.
Pros of the ECOVACS Deebot 901
- It has a short body that fits under most furniture
- Accurate mapping technology
- Efficient navigation pattern
- An affordable price tag
- Integrated with Alexa-enabled devices.
- The ECOVACS app offers a variety of useful features such as blocked areas, zone cleaning, prioritizing where to clean first.
What is not as good about the ECOVACS Deebot 901?
As with all ECOVACS machines, the Deebot 901 has the same issues connecting to Wi-Fi. It works with a 2.4 GHz speed so make sure you change the settings in your router. It works great on thin carpets and a bare floor but does not do high-pile carpets/rugs. There are some issues that consumers have had about losing the map data. We've searched around and figured out how to avoid this experience and make your robot work as smoothly as possible.
Why is the ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 better in its price range?
- The DEEBOT 901 remembers your home layout.
- It does not go over the same spots twice making navigation more efficient.
- Even though it has a tower, its body is short and can fit under most furniture.
- In the app, you can set restricted areas so the vacuum will not cross them.
- The DEEBOT can work inside a particular area after setting zoned cleaning inside the ECOVACS app.
- The 901 can be tracked in real-time in the app. Also, you can watch it building a map. Not all the flagship models have it.
- When the map is created, you can choose where the robot should clean first. We have never seen it in every other model before.
- For this price, the ECOVACS DEEBOT 901 builds an accurate map, short and efficient.
- The robot is compatible with Alexa-enabled devices and Google Home.
- With the suction inlet in the box, the DEEBOT is ideal for pet hair.
The ECOVACS Deebot 901 is ideal for small and average homes with pets and mixed surfaces. It performs excellently on thin carpets and all types of bare floors such as tile, laminate, linoleum, marble, etc. Thanks to its suction inlet, the Deebot 901 doesn't get hair tangled in it, making it perfect for pet owners. The app has high-end features we haven't seen in other robots. It can be a part of your smart home since the robot is compatible with smart voice assistants.