|Main Features||Roborock S5||Neato Botvac D5 Connected|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||LDS|
|Objects recognition (front camera)||no||no|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||68 db||64 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||1 pcs|
|Suction Power||2000 Pa||2000 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2691 ft2 / 250 m2||1184 ft2 / 110 m2|
|Dustbin Capacity||480 ml||700 ml|
|Electric water flow control||no||N/A|
|Automatic Dirt Disposal||no||no|
|Water Tank Capacity||140 ml||-|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.79 in / 20 mm||0.75 in / 19 mm|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||4200 mAh|
|Run time||150 min||90 min|
|Charging Time||240 min||150 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||58 W||45 W|
|IR Remote Control||no||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||yes|
|Magnetic/Optical Virtual Walls||yes||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes||yes|
|Manual movement control||yes||no|
|Selected Room Cleaning||yes||no|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||no|
|Robot Weight||7.72 lbs / 3.5 kg||7.50 lbs / 3.4 kg|
|Robot Width||13.78 in / 35 cm||12.40 in / 31.5 cm|
|Robot Height||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.94 in / 10 cm|
|In the box||adapter, charging dock, water tank, mopping pad, English user manual||charging base, adapter, cleaning tool, user guide, extra filter, magnetic stripe|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
What the Neato Botvac D5 Connected shares with Roborock S5?
LIDAR technology. It includes an LDS laser that scans the surroundings to create an accurate floor plan. The plan allows Neato and Roborock to know where it needs to clean thanks to which the robots spend less time working on the cleaning area. The LIDAR builds the most accurate maps compared to camera or gyroscope-based systems.
Both robots navigate back-and-forth in efficient straight lines methodically covering cleaning area based on a map they built.
Neato and Roborock are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
Both have strong suction that delivers 2,000 Pa of power. It is enough to provide deep cleaning on carpets that are up to 19 and 20 mm thick.
The Mi Home and Neato Robotics apps support digital boundaries. In the Neato's app, you can draw No-Go lines so the robot will not pass them. In the Mi Home, you have two options: set a rectangle or draw a line and the Roborock will not cross these walls.
Both models support recharge&resume. Once the robot's battery runs out of charge, the machine automatically docks itself and returns to finish cleaning once it's done charging.
What is different between the Roborock S5 and Neato Botvac D5 Connected?
- Battery life. The Roborock lasts 60 minutes longer. It makes the Roborock better for bigger homes.
- Mopping. The Roborock comes equipped with a water tank and mopping cloth. It can mop for about 40 minutes until the container gets dry. To continue mopping - fill the container with water and let it work.
- Carpet identification increases suction to max level once sensors recognize carpet flooring. This feature provides deeper cleaning, you don't need to turn on stronger suction manually. The Neato has Turbo Mode, you have to switch to it manually.
- The Mi Home app supports Zone cleaning. If you want the robot to work in a particular zone - draw a rectangle on the created map and let the robot work.
- The three built-in processors allow tracking the Roborock's movements in real time. You can check it inside the app.
- Also, the Mi Home app allows controlling the Roborock like a radio car.
- The Roborock alerts about what's going on using its voice.
- The Neato has a bigger dustbin.
- The D5 Connected is able to hold up to three different floor maps which makes it suitable for multi-level houses.
- Neato has a D-shape that works better on corners and edges.
- Inside the Neato, there is a wide cleaning brush that covers more than a regular brush.
- Price. The Neato is cheaper.
Neato or Roborock: which one would be the best for you?
If you live in a one or more levels house that is mostly carpeted, have pets and don't want to spend extra for the Roborock consider buying the Neato Botvac D5 Connected. It is a decent robot vacuum that performs great on carpets, and bare floors yet lack mopping.
If you want mopping, live in a big home, have a pet have a look at the Roborock S5. It is suitable for both: carpet and bare floor. Because of a better climbing ability and Carpet boost, the Roborock performs slightly better on carpets than the Neato. In terms of bare floor cleaning, the Roborock does the job better because the D5 Connected doesn't come with mopping. Overall, if you are okay with the Roborock's price, we would recommend getting the Roborock. It is in our top 12 best robot vacuums for different cleaning needs of 2019 as the best for thicker carpets.