|Main Features||Xiaomi Mi Robot||iRobot Roomba 960|
|Mapping / Path planning||yes||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS||camera|
|Recharge & Resume||yes||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes||yes|
|Noise Level||68 db||65 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs||1 pcs|
|Suction Power||1800 Pa||900 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||2691 ft2 / 250 m2||1615 ft2 / 150 m2|
|Home Size||medium, big||medium, big|
|Cleaning Modes||standart, quiet, max, zoned cleanup||auto, spot cleaning|
|Dustbin Capacity||420 ml||600 ml|
|Automatic Dirt Disposal||no||no|
|Water Tank Capacity||-||-|
|Barrier-cross Height||0.59 in / 15 mm||0.79 in / 20 mm|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, linoleum, marble tile, ceramic tile, laminate||hardwood, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile, laminate, linoleum|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||2600 mAh|
|Run time||150 min||75 min|
|Charging Time||240 min||120 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||55 W||30 W|
|IR Remote Control||no||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes||yes|
|Wi-Fi Frequency Bands||2.4 GHz||2.4 GHz|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||no||no|
|Manual movement control||yes||no|
|Selected room cleaning||no||no|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no||yes|
|Robot Weight||8.40 lbs / 3.81 kg||8.38 lbs / 3.8 kg|
|Robot Width||13.58 in / 34.5 cm||13.78 in / 35 cm|
|Robot Height||3.78 in / 9.6 cm||3.50 in / 8.9 cm|
|In the box||charging dock, adapter, user manual||charging station, line cord, extra filter, cleaning tool, owner’s guide, documentation package, dual-mode virtual wall, extra side brush|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
- does a good job on hardwood floors catching pet hair, dust, and dirt
- one of the most accurate navigation and mapping system on the market
- mapping is very informative and detailed
- decent battery life
- works well on carpets below 15mm thanks to its strong suction power
- real-time tracking via Mi Home app
- cover a big floor area before it needs to recharge
- does not compatible with Alexa
- rugs thicker than 5/8" (15 mm) a 'no-no' to work on
- cleaning brush makes it more difficult to untangle hair than a rubber one
- because of the integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Roomba 960 understands voice commands
- rubber rollers works great on a bare floor
- perfect robot vacuum cleaner for small homes
- along with rubber brushes and strong suction power, Roomba 960 handles pet hair with ease
- the robot is much better on hardwood than on thick carpet
- it bumps into things
- it gets stuck more than Xiaomi
The Xiaomi cleaning brush was designed to work better on carpeting floors but has an issue with tangling hair which all the robots with bristle brushes face. On the other hand, Roomba 960 has two rubber rollers that work better on hardwood floor than on a carpet but has no problem with hair stuck into them. Both robots are great at picking pet hair.
Consumers claim that Xiaomi Mi Robot has one of the most accurate mapping function on the market and rarely gets stuck when Roomba 960 lost between chair legs from time to time.
With the smart mapping and navigation, Xiaomi's sensor recognizes even the thinnest cloths as a barrier (read bed skirts/curtains) and won't go clean there. The same thing happens with objects that are below the laser sensor. Because of it, Mi Robot doesn't "see" the obstacles and hit it.
When it come to cleaning low and medium-pile carpets both robots have about the same performance. The carpets that are higher than 15mm is a 'no-no'. They won't work on it, but it would be fair to notice that both vacuums clean short carpets well.
What's better about Roomba 960 it is the fact that it understands Amazon Alexa and Google Home when Mi Robot doesn't.
Another thing is the Virtual Wall Roomba comes with. The wall blocks the robot from the areas you don't want it to go to.
Cleaning pattern is different. Most consumers say Roomba moves pretty random when Xiaomi works on straight lines. Not a big thing but important to notice.
Lastly the money you are ready to spend on your robot. Xiaomi Mi Robot costs about $400 on Amazon and a little bit above $300 on Gearbest while Roomba 960 come with a $700 price tag.