Budget-Friendly Xiaomi Mi Robot vs One Of The Latest Roomba 960
|Model||Xiaomi Mi Robot||iRobot Roomba 960|
|Run time||150 min||75 min|
|Suction Power||1800 Pa||900 Pa|
|Сleaning Area||250 m2 / 2691 ft2||150 m2 / 1615 ft2|
|Home Size||medium, big||medium, big|
|Dustbin Capacity||420 ml||600 ml|
|Noise Level||68 db||65 db|
|IR Remote Control|
|Mapping / Path planning|
|Mapping Sensor Type||laser||camera|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges|
|Recharge and Continue|
|Cleaning Modes||standart, quiet, max, zoned cleanup||auto, spot cleaning|
|Сarpet Floor Types||low-pile, medium-pile||low-pile, medium-pile|
|Bare Floor Types||hardwood, linoleum, marble tile, ceramic tile, laminate||hardwood, vynil, marble tile, ceramic tile, laminate, linoleum|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App|
|Amazon Alexa Support|
|Google Home Support|
|Water Tank Capacity||-||-|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||2130 mAh|
|Charging time||240 min||120 min|
|Barrier-cross height||10 mm / 0.39 in||20 mm / 0.79 in|
|Robot Weight||3.81 kg / 8.40 lbs||3.8 kg / 8.38 lbs|
|Robot Width||34.5 cm / 13.58 in||35 cm / 13.78 in|
|Robot Height||9.6 cm / 3.78 in||8.9 cm / 3.50 in|
|Warranty||12 months||12 months|
|Where to buy||GearBest $269.99|
|Amazon $549.00 |
Xiaomi Mi Robot Review
Bare Floor Score
Pet Hair Score
- does a good job on hardwood floors catching pet hair, dust, and dirt
- one of the most accurate navigation and mapping system on the market
- mapping is very informative and detailed
- decent battery life
- works well on carpets below 15mm thanks to its strong suction power
- real-time tracking via Mi Home app
- cover a big floor area before it needs to recharge
- does not compatible with Alexa
- rugs thicker than 5/8" (15 mm) a 'no-no' to work on
- cleaning brush makes it more difficult to untangle hair than a rubber one
iRobot Roomba 960 Review
Bare Floor Score
Pet Hair Score
- because of the integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Roomba 960 understands voice commands
- rubber rollers works great on a bare floor
- perfect robot vacuum cleaner for small homes
- along with rubber brushes and strong suction power, Roomba 960 handles pet hair with ease
- the robot is much better on hardwood than on thick carpet
- it bumps into things
- it gets stuck more than Xiaomi
The Xiaomi cleaning brush was designed to work better on carpeting floors but has an issue with tangling hair which all the robots with bristle brushes face. On the other hand, Roomba 960 has two rubber rollers that work better on hardwood floor than on a carpet but has no problem with hair stuck into them. Both robots are great at picking pet hair.
Consumers claim that Xiaomi Mi Robot has one of the most accurate mapping function on the market and rarely gets stuck when Roomba 960 lost between chair legs from time to time.
With the smart mapping and navigation, Xiaomi's sensor recognizes even the thinnest cloths as a barrier (read bed skirts/curtains) and won't go clean there. The same thing happens with objects that are below the laser sensor. Because of it, Mi Robot doesn't "see" the obstacles and hit it.
When it come to cleaning low and medium-pile carpets both robots have about the same performance. The carpets that are higher than 15mm is a 'no-no'. They won't work on it, but it would be fair to notice that both vacuums clean short carpets well.
What's better about Roomba 960 it is the fact that it understands Amazon Alexa and Google Home when Mi Robot doesn't.
Another thing is the Virtual Wall Roomba comes with. The wall blocks the robot from the areas you don't want it to go to.
Cleaning pattern is different. Most consumers say Roomba moves pretty random when Xiaomi works on straight lines. Not a big thing but important to notice.
Lastly the money you are ready to spend on your robot. Xiaomi Mi Robot costs about $400 on Amazon and a little bit above $300 on Gearbest while Roomba 960 come with a $700 price tag.
Video Reviews From Popular YouTube Channels
- Comparing Coredy R300 vs. iRobot Roomba 690
- Compare ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo 601 vs. ILIFE A8
- XShuai T370 vs. Xiaomi Xiaowa E35 (C352) Comparison
- Comparing ILIFE A8 vs. XShuai T370
- Neato Botvac D3 Connected vs. iCLEBO Alfa Comparison