Neato Botvac D5 Connected Features
|Mapping / Path planning||yes|
|Mapping Sensor Type||LDS|
|Recharge & Resume||yes|
|Automatically Docks and Recharges||yes|
|Noise Level||64 db|
|Side Brushes (one or two)||1 pcs|
|Battery Capacity||4200 mAh|
|Charging Time||150 min|
|Rated Power (Watts)||45 W|
|IR Remote Control||no|
|Wi-Fi / Smartphone App||yes|
|Amazon Alexa Support||yes|
|Google Assistant Support||yes|
|Digital Blocked Area||yes|
|Manual movement control||no|
|Selected Room Cleaning||no|
|Anti-drop / Cliff Sensor||yes|
|Full Bin Indicator||no|
|Robot Weight||7.50 lbs / 3.4 kg|
|Robot Width||12.40 in / 31.5 cm|
|Robot Height||3.94 in / 10 cm|
|In the box||charging base, adapter, cleaning tool, user guide, extra filter, magnetic stripe|
The Botvac D5 Connected is one of the Neato top-tier performers. It has a D-shape that works better at cleaning corners and edges.
Thanks to the shape and a wide cleaning brush inside, the robot needs less time to cover the same cleaning area than any other round one would do. On the side, there is a sweeper. With the main brush, they work together to catch debris and dust channeling them into the suction path. The large 700 ml dustbox holds more dirt, you don't have to clean it after every cleaning cycle (of course, it depends on many factors such as pets in the house, the size of your home, etc.).
The vacuum is equipped with a combo brush that offers superior pick-up of pet hair on all floor types, reduced noise during operation, and is ideal for homes with multiple types of flooring.
On top of the robot, you see a "tower" with a laser located inside. This laser scans the surroundings building a plan of cleaning area which the robot follows after the plan is created. After that, the D5 Connected moves in straight lines cleaning your room until it covers the whole area which you will see in the app.
In the Neato app, you can set an unlimited amount of "No-Go" Lines that will keep the robot from entering certain rooms.
The Botvac is able to store up to three different floor plans. It makes the robot suitable for multiple-level houses.
Thanks to the mapping, the Neato knows where it cleans and what areas are left to be swept. When its battery is running out of energy, the robot returns to the charging dock and resumes cleaning when it's done charging.
The 90 minutes battery life and resuming cleaning make the D5 Connected ideal for medium and big homes.
- Supports No-Go Lines
- Thanks to the LDS sensor and navigating system, the D5 works efficient
- D-shape helps with cleaning corners and edges
- Big dust container holds more debris than a regular one decreasing a frequency of emptying
- Ideal for one and more level houses thanks to its ability to store maps
- Strong suction, big wheels, and Turbo cleaning mode ensure deep cleaning on carpets
- Recharge & resume help the robot to finish cleaning in case its battery runs out of energy
- Ideal for pet hair
- Occasionally gets stuck in tight places because of its shape
Overall, the Neato Botvac D5 Connected is a great robot vacuum that is suitable for pet owners and homes with a carpeted surface.
Video reviews of the Neato Botvac D5 Connected
Neato Botvac D5 Connected alternatives
Compare Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Compare the Neato Botvac D5 Connected with other robot vacuums
- Comparing Neato Botvac D5 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D6 Connected
- Compare Roborock S5 vs. Neato Botvac D5 Connected
- Neato Botvac D5 Connected vs. Roomba 960 Comparison Chart
- Compare Neato Botvac D4 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D5 Connected
- Comparing Neato Botvac D5 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D7 Connected
- Comparing Pure Clean PUCRC660 vs. Neato Botvac D5 Connected
- Compare Neato Botvac D3 Connected vs. Neato Botvac D5 Connected
- Comparing Neato Botvac D5 Connected vs. Samsung R7070 Pet